Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replica Mk7 Helmet

All,

I am fairly sure that no-one is currently offering a replica Mk7 helmet. Putting aside the legalities and ethics of a civvie owning a genuine one, I am seriously thinking about getting hold of one and instructing a plastics firm to pull a mould from it and produce X quantity of replicas.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Cheers

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR
    TM chrome Deagle / KWA P226 / WE G18C Gen4

Re: Replica Mk7 Helmet

If you did manage to get a mould and get some made am sure there would be alot of people after them. Just depends it its legal to copy them, not that that really matters.
    But you can find a genuine one of ebay for silly money.
    Check out Humber Airsoft!. North Lincolnshire & East Riding Of Yorkshires largest dedicated outdoor airsoft site.
    www.humberairsoft.co.uk & on Facebook @ Humber Airsoft

sigpic

Comment

The legality of copying them is worth considering, but I'm not sure there would be any real issues bearing in mind they would be sold as a 'toy helmet', much like the thousands of MICH's and ACH's out there.

I have been following Ebay sales of genine ones for some time, they always seem to go for between £100 and £150, sometimes more. What with that plus the ever-present possibility of MoD plod relieving you of it (and the buyer getting nothing back) I felt it might be worth looking into replicas. It really depends how much it would cost to produce plastic versions as to whether it would be financially feasible. If they came out at no more than say £50 retail I reckon they would sell.

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR

Comment

Might be worth asking the MoD about making a "toy helmet" as I for one would love to have one but would like it to be done legally I don't think there is an issue with owning a "toy one" as such because its the ballistic quality on Mk.7 that makes owning a real one iffy shall we say plus the fact there isn't enough to go around. What you could do is ask the MoD first off then ask to borrow one get a copy knocked up and give the real one back to them no harm in asking is there?
        "I happen to be a death-dealing, blood-crazed warrior who wakes up every day just hoping for the chance to dismember my enemies and defile their civilizations. " - Corporal Josh Ray Person U.S Marine's 1st Recon Battallion 2nd Platoon

Comment

theres no law for a civvie to own a mk7 helmet, the law would be someones stole it and sold it, thats where the problem lies
          Originally posted by bravotwozero
          Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

A quick search of ebay will result in four MkVii helmets for sale for as little as £40

Comment

Originally posted by Garf3r View Post
              theres no law for a civvie to own a mk7 helmet, the law would be someones stole it and sold it, thats where the problem lies
              Originally posted by Andrew March View Post
              A quick search of ebay will result in four MkVii helmets for sale for as little as £40
              And the MoD police are watching these as we speak. How do I know that.... because they get reported asap and if a serving bloke is selling it the RMP get involved.

Comment

So are we saying that these are legal to own now providing they aren’t being sold by squaddies ie. Stolen? I have noticed myself allot more MK7 popping up on the Bay which is driving the price right down. Also noticing it seems to be surplus online stores selling them...

If I had the funds whats putting me off is the possibility that its stolen goods.

Comment

Most of them on ebay have been issued and are still in brand new condition, 99% chance it is stolen. Handling stolen goods is a crime.

Comment

Handling stolen goods is only a crime is you know or have good reason to suspect them being stolen.

If the price allows, I'd look at buying one. Making a good mould and knocking up fibreglass replicas. Sure you'd sell 10 - 20 of them, so could be worth while!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew March View Post
                      Well I must be doing something very wrong then, I have never seen any sell for under £100! if they can be had for £40 then it would certainly be pointless making replicas. Nor have I seen any from traders, they have all been private. I'm not convinced that its legal to own one yet, I was going along the lines of being able to pull a mold before I get a knock on my door

Comment

its the same with all military kit, including issueed mk6 helmets, if its stolen, and re-sold its a crime, however had you bought a MICH or something privately costing you £££ then its ok, same with a mk7 helmet, if a company/shop started to sell them, you'd be clear, theres no law owning one - ever, if someone got issued it, and gave you it for nothing as a gift, not against the law, just that squaddie is gona get a good ball bootin, its buying a stolen one thats the problem

the helmets gash anyways, better with a MICH or something
                        Originally posted by bravotwozero
                        Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

I already use a replica MICH with a multicam cover but I wanted to get a more authentic helmet for my brit loadout. I personally have no problem owning a mk7, I dont feel I would be proscecuted for anything but lets not foget the very real possibilty of the MoD calling and simply taking it off me which they are perfectly entitled to do at the moment and I would also lose the purchase cost. Not really a problem if I have already taken moulds, but a bit of a kick in the nuts if not.

Comment

Also, I think you are forgetting that EVERY mk7 being sold will technically be stolen. I dont believe that the MoD will have decomissioned any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Garf3r View Post
                              the helmets gash anyways, better with a MICH or something
                              Do you have personal experience of this? Been shot at or blown up recently, wearing one?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Planemo Find out more about Planemo
                              Working...
                              X