Show me your dpm or ddpm loadouts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Show me your dpm or ddpm loadouts!

You could really do with some local foilage in that helmet cover.

Thats almost there but the idea is to obliterare the 'manmade' dome shape. If you've gone it well with grass you shouldnt be able to see any of the helmet at all under it. You dont want to be a walking shrubbery with two foot long bits sticking out but a bit more than you've got on there.

That why the loops are usally knackered on surplus ones cos you ram as much grass as you can under them and change it regularly.

My desert kit, not worn it since Phoenix urban closed down.

Comment

In the spirit of honest feedback i'd get all that rubbish off you pistol grip and TMH too. If you're trying to make an 'impression' dont go putting strips of DPM tape all over your TMH that would be a PITA to strip your weapon for daily cleaning

Too many bright badges that make you stand out and if you cam your face, cam your hand... all the way up your forearm, even if you intend to wear gloves.

If you look at your pics your hands are bright 'shoot me' signs that totally defeat the point of camming your face, your helmet and your weapon

Not trying to knock you, just trying to help you look more soldierly.

Basically you're either being tactical and camming up or you're not. Going half way is pointless and a bit daft. Bright full colour flashes and badges are for barracks and parades, not really for field work. If you *want* all those things then fine but dont bother camming your face as you're dead easy to see with shiny metal caribiners, white and red patches on your arms and hand and forearms exposed.

Hope you see what i'm saying.

Comment

Here's a pic of me on exercise in the late 90s

I've taken my gloves off but you can still see my hands have traces of cam on them. My ears *always* stick out like jug handles even when i cam them

My neck is a bit bare but i was wearing a smock and smemagh earlier, we'd harboured up there and it was a break to re-cam and re-sort helmets. Down by my left foot you can just see my MK6, the foliage is wilting but it *was* fairly liberally covered but bits fall out as you advance to contact and tab along.

If you see my oppo Andy here his helmet needs a bit more foliage but he still blends in really well

The only *really* obvious stuff is the BFA on the gat but we got bollocked for covering them in tape.

Comment

Normally I completely cover my body in cam cream. I always get off looks from my airsoft buddies ( they are not english) and as for the badges I tape them for airsoft :p

Comment

My DPM loadout, not meant to be anything specific just suits me.
            ICS M4
            KSC Glock 17
            Classic Army MP5 A5
            sigpic

Comment

I actually thought Curly rocks loadout didn't look too unconvincing, although ofcourse if you do the cam cream one place, it looks strange not to do it on your arms.

I'd roll up the shirt sleeves, lose the carabiner and beret (replace with boonie for light loadout), take the cam off the L86, since I don't think it adds much and looks abit weird - also if you do want to cam it, don't do it round the flash hider, since then it wouldn't able to function properly. Would look pretty sleek and work well as a loadout then. Certaintly one of the better DPM loadouts that isn't a direct unit impression anyway.

Comment

Its airsoft we play no need to go extreme on cam creme if your good at field craft. Light camo is the way forward for most airsoft sites as there mostly all forest fighting. But some of the load outs on here look good and others don't even look anything like brit loadouts at all. Sorry for being honest guys. And who ever has the sas badge in. A green beret its a sandy grey coloured beret the sas wear. Please get a commando one since you have commando reg badges on your arms lol

Comment

Commando reg? REG??? We're a CORPS. The Royal Marines have not been a REG since we were the Duke Of York and Albany's Maritime Regiment of Foot back in 1664. Tsk.. wanders away, muttering to self.

Anyway, @Curlyrocks
                  The brass SAS badge is either a Belgian Para-Commando one, or the much rarer old 23 SAS(V) badge, latterly replaced by the cloth one common to the other two regiments. On your dpm shirt, you have a Royal Artllery TRF (it only becomes a DZ Flash when it belongs to an airborne unit). I'd back what Gadge says - he is possibly aisoft's leading uniform expert - read his column in a certain magazine to realise this. Getting naked and camming up though... that's taking it a bit far mate. Booties only do that when we're fighting with roll mats and being filmed for the gutter press.
                  Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawke View Post
                    Commando reg? REG??? We're a CORPS. The Royal Marines have not been a REG since we were the Duke Of York and Albany's Maritime Regiment of Foot back in 1664. Tsk.. wanders away, muttering to self.

Anyway, @Curlyrocks
                    The brass SAS badge is either a Belgian Para-Commando one, or the much rarer old 23 SAS(V) badge, latterly replaced by the cloth one common to the other two regiments. On your dpm shirt, you have a Royal Artllery TRF (it only becomes a DZ Flash when it belongs to an airborne unit). I'd back what Gadge says - he is possibly aisoft's leading uniform expert - read his column in a certain magazine to realise this. Getting naked and camming up though... that's taking it a bit far mate. Booties only do that when we're fighting with roll mats and being filmed for the gutter press.
                    My bad well I no what is and isn't proper brit dress and half o these aren't as the commandos r a navy unit I don't no much about them bud sorry for my mistake as got a lot o respect for british troops as I was almost one myself. And a lot o my mates are in as paras and engineers. And was in cadets for 7 year and worked along with ex regs. Most I no about marines are the green berets when you pass your taining and the dagger badge. One o my mates isengineers but attachched to the 42 commandos who I think now have been axed if I'm right

Comment

• Re: Show me your dpm or ddpm loadouts!

Originally posted by Hawke View Post
                      Commando reg? I'd back what Gadge says - he is possibly aisoft's leading uniform expert - read his column in a certain magazine to realise this. Getting naked and camming up though... that's taking it a bit far mate. Booties only do that when we're fighting with roll mats and being filmed for the gutter press.
                      Christ thats a compliment and a half, thank you. I wouldnt go that far though, it's just a passion for militaria i like to share.

and.... as for Bootys, NAKED BAR!!

Back to the beret. I'm sure its an AGC one and I agree with you RE the capbadge. I'd say its Belgian as they are far more common.

The SAS do indeed have a sand beret (it was maroon for half of WWII and white of all things when they started) but it's *never* worn in the field.

One of the funny things about being an elite discrete recce formation is its usually frowned upon to go about advertising it

Comment

That's why I said he should change it but if he's changing it obv change the shoulder / arm badges to the right ones as pointed out. Look stupid having a heap o badges that rnt ment to be together on the same clothing

Comment

The only chap who managed to wear an SAS sand beret after they had been incorporated into the Army Air Corps during the war was Paddy Mayne - and a man with four DSO's tends to get away with what he wants. Curiously, David Stirling was usually photographed in a peak field service cap, never a beret.

Somewhere I have an Artist's Rifles maroon beret - ideal for that all important immediate post war impression. However, that one's staying on my shelf with my other goodies.

edited to add 42 Commando have not been axed in any defence review.
                          24 (Cdo) Engineer Regiment are slated to go in Defence 2020. They were only formed as a Regiment fairly recently. Prior to that, in the Regular Army at least, there was only 59 (Ind) Commando Sqn.
                          Last edited by Hawke; 31 July, 2012, 23:58.
                          Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Did I hear naked bar?

Comment

My loadout for a early Gunman Coldwar filmsim, loosly based around a Recce/SAS section (that was game breif not me being a walt lol), so have an early 80's mix of 44/58 and alice webbing. Forgive me the trousers my propper light weights were still soaking from the day before.

Comment

re: naked bar

Yeah but it has less impact online... at times like this i'm glad i've got no webcam

Back on track though i think its things like this that flare up the 'dont wear insignia' debate. personally it doesnt bother me but if i had to state a view it would be:

"Either do a real unit 'spot on' or make up a new unit of your own" I think random insignia 'because it looks cool' is probably what annoys a lot of people the most.

And with the cam things... yeah its airsoft but the point is if you're going to cam your face for any reason other than 'looking warry' it seems really odd not to do the same for your hands and forearms with usually as much surface area as your face and quite often much 'whiter' skin for causcasians (and yes i know black guys need to cam up too... i used to teach C&C....)

I realise airsoft is a broad church but for me personally if you're going to do an impression/loadout then it needs to be done to the best of your ability if you really want to do it respectfully. I dont care if someone plays in a shell suit, a full SS uniform or a PMC mis of combats and ballcap etc.

The only things i've ever found daft or annoying were... guy in a tiger stripe trousers and flectarn jacket with the worlds most bizzare mix of US army officers insignia, british unit badges and german cufftitles (daft... looked like a badge collecting boy scout gone mental in a surplus shop) and a guy in dpm tropicals, crap hat and 58 webbing which was pretty much covered with nazi insignia and a hitler youth dagger... (annoying, its offensive symbols 'out of context'... i'd have had no problem with them on a 12ss uniform but as it was he was pretty much saying 'i'm really british and have massively fascist views')

Personally if it was me i'd lose the sas badge and commando insignia, buy an AGC cap badge and strip the sleeve badges and have an AGC impression that would be fine for an iron sights sa80.... dont think i've *ever* seen anyone do an AGC impression.... i've seen a few people *do* an AGC though

But you know each to their own... i love collecting militaria, having a correct historical impression makes me happy... i realise most people couldnt give a toss though

@Ian.. good look that mate! I think loads of people are really getting into the 80s Brit look

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

lethaldave Find out more about lethaldave
                                Working...
                                X