PARA Cuffs and SI DPM Smock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PARA Cuffs and SI DPM Smock

I have a DPM smock (standard issue) and I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but as this was BRITISH loadouts I guessed you guys could help. Basically with PARA cuffs I was wondering how you sew them on (I sound kind of stupid at this point but bear with) Do you need to remove the standard velcro cuffs first or simply sew with the velcro on?

Re: PARA Cuffs and SI DPM Smock

you get the tailoress to cut off the originals and sew in your old green jumper cuffs

Comment

Thanks

Comment

A lot of guys used to sew the ends off old green issue socks on as cuffs, work just as well. Personally I always found wool cuffs annoying when you wanted to check timings on your watch.

Comment

If your still trying to figure out how to do it, heres what I've just done. I'm by no means an expert, and unfortunately my 'tailoress' has less of an idea than I do about sewing, but...

I started by finding a bit of flat wood slightly smaller than the cuff of the jacket, and stretched the wool bit and the jacket over it. Pinned it in place on opposite sides, then hand stitched around the hem of the jacket and through the cuff.

I had to move the pins round a couple of times, and make sure to keep the bits your sewing stretched away from the board at all times so the tension is the same all around the cuff. I worked on the floor and kept a foot on the bit of wood to stop it moving, at the opposite end from the sewing. It takes a little time by hand, but I don't have access to a sewing machine.

Oh yeah, and I'm not sure if you should remove the velcro. Mines a bit ld school to have any. But as long as you keep them undone when putting the cuff on there's no real reason to get rid of them I wouldn't have thought.

Hope that makes sense.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pyromentallist I currently have no Airsoft weaponry just an interest Find out more about Pyromentallist
          Working...
          X