Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ww2 commando look help

hi all

I'm in the middle of doing a ww2 commando look but i'm stuck with the problem of where to keep a bag a bb and a can of gas. is there a peace of 37 pat webbing that would be big enough to fit them in or a some thing like that, or anyother ideas
    Santa *creepy kiss* xXx

Re: ww2 commando look help

My guess would be that the 'basic pouch' should fit at least one of those in - take a look at my profile picture as I'm wearing some (one of their purposes was to take bren magazines so they should take even a large gas can), and as you wear 2 with the webbing, you can carry both.

http://www.karkeeweb.com/patterns/19...7_pouches.html
    (if you really want lots of pouches to choose from)

Comment

Originally posted by GhostDivisionAirsoft View Post
      My guess would be that the 'basic pouch' should fit at least one of those in
      the gas can doesn't fit and both are filled up already with mags and speed loaders
      Santa *creepy kiss* xXx

Comment

Then I would reccomend a small pack- you can fit plenty in one, and as you won't be needing gas all the time it would be perfect

Comment

il second the small pack. or if you need even more space the large pack is more than big enough but can be a bit of nuisance to lug around as that was for marching order rather than combat. last option may be the respirator case as modeled on this chap above the e-tool http://www.ww2airsoft.org.uk/british...ire-battalion/

Comment

For my 37 pattern webbing, on a weekender, a rough guide is:

left ammo pouch - bag of bb's and a speed loader.
            right ammo pouch -spare mags
            (airborne style) ressie bag - (modern) water bottle and gloves
            Small pack - gas bottle, scrim scarf, snacks, grenade, assorted other junk.

Comment

If you have a canteen you can fill that with bbs
              Zeroin - Come for the airsoft. Stay for the trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by BioShocked View Post
                If you have a canteen you can fill that with bbs
                You can, but it rattles like a bugger. I use a british army washbag, it's plastic lined, with a drawstring, and you can roll it up tight so nothing rattles around. It'll also stuff into anywhere.

Comment

the other option is an assault jerkin, if you can find a repro. Worn by some commandoes from d-day onwards and have loads of pockets, they were very unpopular though.

I sometimes wear the skeleton lightweight assault vest for skirmishes as it weighs nothing and the two chest pouches are actually a bit bigger than the pouches on 37 webbing, they might be actually the same dimensions but because they are canvas rather than webbing they have a bit more give for carrying stuff.

On a budget though you're probably best either putting your small pack on your hip airlanding or CEMO style or putting it on a singlebrace and wearing it across the shoulder. Both were quite common. Depending on the size of your gas bottle you might be able to fit it in the e-tool carrier (dont know never tried it myself).

Comment

Originally posted by santa View Post
                    the gas can doesn't fit and both are filled up already with mags and speed loaders
                    assuming you're using mp40 or sten mags, i can see why you might need a few if you're not playing limited ammo wwii games.

You *could* (and while it's WWII i've yet to see a commando use one) carry your mags in a sten bandolier which then frees up your utility pouches for gas and bagged bbs?

Failing that move to the 90/100 round mid caps and carry less, you should be able to fit 5 in one basic pouch and still close it, if you cant move the fastenr and re-stich it... it was a common fix in wwii when the old make of pouch wouldnt close around sten mags. That should free up a pouch for gas.

equally get a cloth 303 bandolier, remove the dividing stitchs between a few of the 'pockets' and carry your speedloaders in them.

When i used to skirmish with a s&s lee enfiled i modded some bandoliers to be able to take the rifles mags, a bag of 100 rounds and a speed loader.

Comment

i didn't even know that there was a sten bandolier, and have just brought one as soon as i looked into it. thanks gadge :D
                      Santa *creepy kiss* xXx

Comment

Only appear to have actually been issued in any numbers to 6th airborne division but if you're not too fussed about that level of accuracy then they are ideal.

(you see then in pics from Normandy with 6th's operations but i've yet to see them in pics of 1st airborne div at Arnhem, cant say i've seen them in use with anyone else either but i could be wrong).

Good bit of kit though, if you're the sort who blancoes their kit , dont bother blancoeing your bandolier - they were stores issued kit and left 'raw'.

Comment

Let me know if you decided on a 44' large pack...
                          AIRSOFT WEAPONS M4 (recoil)sigpic

Comment

I use a MKVII respirator bag as a dump bag, worn on the long strap across the shoulder so it lies at my left hip. There's a some room in the pockets for other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by the_firing_dutchman View Post
                              Let me know if you decided on a 44' large pack...
                              weirdly, i think the "small" pack mades the webbing easlier to wear
                              Santa *creepy kiss* xXx

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

santa i take the 2 most dangeruss elements known to man and make them work for me.......and a posable bomb Find out more about santa
                              Working...
                              X