Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ongoing Project: SAS Iraq: Task Force Black/Knight

Hello all,

I'm currently starting a new loadout inspired by the SAS Task forces Black and Knight in Iraq circa 2003ish.
    I'll mainly be going for the look with the DPM top so its still reasonably effective in woodland

So far I've managed to pull a few pictures from the web for starting points....
    (images were "too large" to insert so I've put the links to the images)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/da/Uksf.jpg
    http://www.konstipation.com/stuff/wa...raq/sasi13.jpg
    http://www.eliteukforces.info/images...orce-black.jpg
    http://www.military-world.net/thumbn...article_medium
    http://i.uwants.com/u/attachments/da...gajMRHoFf7.jpg
    http://www.eliteukforces.info/images...sas-iraq-3.jpg
    http://www.eliteukforces.info/images...ksf/22-sas.jpg
    http://www.eliteukforces.info/images...vice-photo.jpg

and this page has quite a few useful photos for all era UKSF include Iraq ones:
    http://board.gearsoc.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=7493

As for the kit I currently have;
    A coyote tan plate carrier with various OD and CT pouches,
    DPM smock
    WAS Gloves

and that about sums it all up

I think what I'll get first would probaby be a MICH and some US tri-colour trousers.

So any suggestions and pointers would be great!
    I'll be uploading pics etc as I go along, I'll try and get some of the PC tomorrow.

Main question ATM is do you guys think a CT carrier would work???

Thanks Nick
    Fire Team Zulu
    Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
    http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Re: Ongoing Project: SAS Iraq: Task Force Black/Knight

Ideally you'd be wanting a Smoke Green RAV but there is one or two pictures floating about of UKSF in Tan RAV. My Tan RAV certainly looks alright!

edit: actually I'll be wearing pretty much that exact set up on Sunday so I'll be sure to take a pic or two so you can see how the CT RAV looks.

disclaimer: Also, for all the people who love to argue about UKSF, mines is by no means an exact impression, just a general stab at it!
    KWA LM4 || TM/Guarder G17

Gear freak, lover of helmets and TRMR's

Comment

Originally posted by SicklyPilot View Post
      Ideally you'd be wanting a Smoke Green RAV but there is one or two pictures floating about of UKSF in Tan RAV. My Tan RAV certainly looks alright!

edit: actually I'll be wearing pretty much that exact set up on Sunday so I'll be sure to take a pic or two so you can see how the CT RAV looks.

disclaimer: Also, for all the people who love to argue about UKSF, mines is by no means an exact impression, just a general stab at it!
      Thanks a lot Ideally I would get a RAV however budget does not allow but its one for the future.

And some pics would be great!
      Fire Team Zulu

Comment

The UKSF route is a bloody expensive one! However I'm not one of these l33t's that just can't accept an attempt at a loadout without it being perfect. Just give it your best shot and make it a WIP

The only recent 'in country' pic I've got is this

Which is maybe a wee bit more modern than the TFB/TFK stuff but Sunday's attempt should be a bit more TFB like. Again, it's not exact but you can see what I'm getting at!

Comment

Yea I know it is, I'm not really going to be worrying about weapons for a while and just get the kit as good as I can and get a reasonable impression. As i said its an ongoing project, I'll upload some pics of my PC tonight if I can.

Nice pic, I'll be doing similar but with a DPM or DCU top instead of MC thanks a lot
          Fire Team Zulu

Comment

Here are the pics of the plate carrier I have ATM and with a rough pouch arrangement (left the chest area black as this would have a pistol on it):

Any suggestions would love to here them
            Fire Team Zulu

Comment

Looks to be a decent start a Mich 2000 and you're well on your way

You got me itching to put something together and get some pics!

Comment

As you can see from your own pics, each operator wears basically what he wants. There's no hard and fast rule about what kit you must wear, about the only thing the guys had in common is that they used the same 5.56mm ammo!

As Pat says, above, it is an expensive route to go down so don't be put off by people telling you that you have the 'wrong' kit - especially as they more than likely will have no military experience and certainly very few, if any, will have been in UKSF!

Comment

Originally posted by Scotsmark View Post
                  especially as they more than likely will have no military experience and certainly very few, if any, will have been in UKSF!
                  What has that got to do with anything? I don't need to have been in the rangers to know my kit's legit lol.

Welcome Nickona to the expensive world of the UKSF task force black kit :p

First off, don't worry about expensive expensive gear. A friend of mine (on here as boom headshot), got a chinese copy RAV, that he set up with OD pouches and has regularly been mistaken for paraclete all the time he's had it.

Have you read Mark Urban's book task force black? It's an excellent read, really good on the details of ops and has some cracking reference pics.

While the adage of 'the operator wears what he wants' is true to an extent, there are some constants in terms of era that to get it spot on you do want to be looking at.

The general basics for 'classic' task force black (there are exceptions. Check out a recent pic of Danny Nightingale in just US deserts and an old DPM chest rig from the era you're looking at).

-RAV (your warrior rig is more suited to an SFSG kit but as you say, it's something to worry about down the line).
                  -Mich 2000
                  - SFW/L119A1 CQB.
                  -P226
                  -CT5 mic (square radio thing that was standard issue).

Gearwise, the Task force guys were operating with the Americans so they mixed up a fair bit of camo- us deserts, multicam, rare acu mixed in with DPM and desert DPM. You've chosen a great period of UKSF to replicate as there are TONS of pics from all the way through in books, news reports etc. You could even get a battered old chest rig, desert dpms and a 16inch Diemaco and do that.

Anyways, as Sickly Pilot shows it's not too hard to get the basics in place and look badass. Best of luck with the kit :D
                  Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                  It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

Originally posted by SicklyPilot View Post
                    Looks to be a decent start a Mich 2000 and you're well on your way

You got me itching to put something together and get some pics!
                    Looks great, that's pretty much exactly how I would want mine, thanks a lot
                    As for the RAV how adjustable are they as I'm about a 38inch chest?

Originally posted by Scotsmark View Post
                    As Pat says, above, it is an expensive route to go down so don't be put off by people telling you that you have the 'wrong' kit - especially as they more than likely will have no military experience and certainly very few, if any, will have been in UKSF!
                    TBH I don't think its that expensive (excluding the rifle) as I have most of the stuff already and if you compare it to the SEAL and USSF loadouts those are amazingly expensive!
                    And I not worried about people telling me its wrong etc as I know parts are and its an impression not a re-production

Originally posted by Nun-Chuck View Post
                    What has that got to do with anything? I don't need to have been in the rangers to know my kit's legit lol.

Welcome Nickona to the expensive world of the UKSF task force black kit :p

First off, don't worry about expensive expensive gear. A friend of mine (on here as boom headshot), got a chinese copy RAV, that he set up with OD pouches and has regularly been mistaken for paraclete all the time he's had it.

Have you read Mark Urban's book task force black? It's an excellent read, really good on the details of ops and has some cracking reference pics.

While the adage of 'the operator wears what he wants' is true to an extent, there are some constants in terms of era that to get it spot on you do want to be looking at.

The general basics for 'classic' task force black (there are exceptions. Check out a recent pic of Danny Nightingale in just US deserts and an old DPM chest rig from the era you're looking at).

-RAV (your warrior rig is more suited to an SFSG kit but as you say, it's something to worry about down the line).
                    -Mich 2000
                    - SFW/L119A1 CQB.
                    -P226
                    -CT5 mic (square radio thing that was standard issue).

Gearwise, the Task force guys were operating with the Americans so they mixed up a fair bit of camo- us deserts, multicam, rare acu mixed in with DPM and desert DPM. You've chosen a great period of UKSF to replicate as there are TONS of pics from all the way through in books, news reports etc. You could even get a battered old chest rig, desert dpms and a 16inch Diemaco and do that.

Anyways, as Sickly Pilot shows it's not too hard to get the basics in place and look badass. Best of luck with the kit :D
                    Thanks a lot, I've had TFB by Mark Urban for a while and it was that book that made me consider this loadout.
                    As fr the plate carrier, I'll stick with the one i have for the mean time as I quite simply can't afford a RAV atm, but I would like to try a RAV at some point becasue, as I said above I am slightly concerned i'll end up swamping me.
                    Fire Team Zulu

Comment

Yup, wear what they want and use whatever gats they want...
                      They were all issued the same kit, there was no, oh fuck it, I'll wear a sombrero instead of my gentex lid.
                      Smoke Green Ravs, Blachawk pouches, Gentex TBHII, Selex assault 700 headset, Selex CT5 TACMIC, and Diemaco SFWs (10", only seen 1 pic with a 16", and he had a surefire can on that).
                      The only thing they mixed was camos.
                      Thing with UKSF impressions, you need to get the small bits right, or it will just look generic "hey look at all my warrior gear". Tan kit is more for CP, and Pathfinders. Not seen a confirmed trooper with a CT Rav.

PS, for those of you who like to click "Dislike" on ever post I make, carry on, it amuses me, as you know I'm right and you are full of shit. x

Comment

Why does everyone think that a warrior PC? lol Its an oldish MFH one a mate gave me a while back The only warrior on that rig is the gloves and OD pouches

I think the point people are trying to make by saying they wear what they like is to not get bogged down getting every single pouch in the perfect place and in fact if you look at the ref. pics the pouches are in a while range of place and colours etc. and there is no one way of doing things. As i said my budget really doesn't allow me to get all the correct kit from the off, hence, ongoing project in the title. At the moment I'm trying to get a general impression until I can afford the likes of a RAV and diemaco etc. Until then its a case of make do and mend.

G, any suggestions for those small bits?
                        Fire Team Zulu

Comment

Small bits like, PVS 21 mount (can get resin copy), CT5 (also resin copy), Petzl tika plus, Diemaco SFW. Those bits are essential.

Comment

Originally posted by G View Post
                            Small bits like, PVS 21 mount (can get resin copy), CT5 (also resin copy), Petzl tika plus, Diemaco SFW. Those bits are essential.
                            Cheers, do you know where to get the resin copys from, I'm ordering a MICH 2000 from Asia at some point which comes with a Rhino mount?
                            When I said small I meant relatively inexpensive little bits to help it look more realistic, rather then expensive essential if you follow me :D
                            Fire Team Zulu

Comment

Originally posted by Nickona View Post
                              Looks great, that's pretty much exactly how I would want mine, thanks a lot
                              As for the RAV how adjustable are they as I'm about a 38inch chest?
                              I'm about the same chest wise and mine is a medium, it's pretty much the perfect size for me

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Nickona Find out more about Nickona
                              Working...
                              X