BRITISH ARMY- Pro Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRITISH ARMY- Pro Boots

So i went through my last pair of walking boots really quickly so i decided to get the real deal boots. i had a boot size of 8.5 on my last pair of walking boots and having no clue on the sizing ( 9s , 9m , 9l etc.), i went for size 9s is that wise? ......
    also what are peoples opinions on the Pro Boots ?

cheers

Re: BRITISH ARMY- Pro Boots

I used them for years.... same pair that is. I loved them.

The small, medium or large is for the width of your foot.

Keep them clean and polished (to protect the leather, not impress the boss) and they should last you years.

Comment

dont bother, i have 3 issued pairs in my mil locker, there all shite, get some altberg sneakers or magnum dessies, better quality and a hell of a lot more comfortable, at the end of the day, its all about comfort!

Owner of DCS
      (Doom custom shooters)
      PM me for Custom work!

Comment

My pair fell apart within an hour of wearing them. Massive hole in the sole.

Comment

Cheers guys so what I never understand why is it such a love hate relationship I mean how do some last for years and others for a matter of hours ?

Comment

A combination of luck of the draw and the job you do.

I am a tank mechanic by trade so i chose my boots for keeping me warm or cool when working in a mostly static environment. Other guys like infantry will put their boots through far more abuse in a month than i would in a year!

If you are getting them for wearing once or twice a week to play airsoft, you'll be fine with them.

I currently wear Lowas. This pair are still going strong after nearly 3 years where as an identical pair lasted less than 6 months before the sole started to come away from the upper.

Comment

Then I should be fine I walk lods , to keep fit ( and for training ) and ill be soon doing my duke of Edinberough Awards so I look like a bad ass I hope they don't let me down as much as my 100 pound walking boots did

Comment

I had a pair for years and they were allright.

The plus is that they are warm and waterproof, the negative is that is the lining does get wet it takes forever to dry out.

I found knee high goretex socks and regular boots a much better solution. Even goretex socks and junglies worked better tbh.

But they were warm. Mine were fine until one very very cold winter and the sole fell off in chunks, they pretty much both just disentregrated on the same day.

Bought some private purchase matterhorns and they were loads better.

Comment

Just got them in the post and it turns out they are in fact assault boots ,
                  They need breaking in , anyone got any tips ?
                  Also the soles seems really soft is that normal ?

Comment

They will need some breaking in, but to be fair, my pair felt like they fitted like a glove within a few weeks.

However, as has been said (Though it is too late for you I guess), but Altberg Sneekers for comfort are THE way forward, wear them day in, day out and they are golden, I would never go back to Issue boots.

Liam

Comment

Assault boots?

If i'm honest i'd upgrade to better boots as soon as you can.

Years ago we were issued BCH and the assault boot came in to stores and I was hassling the QM for a pair for ages as they *looked* ace, he wouldnt let me exchange a pair untill one pair of my BCH were unservicable.... anyway to cut a long story short with judicious use of a hammer and kicking them about a bit (wilful destruction of queens property i guess) i managed to get them shitty enough for a swap.

Worst move i ever made, i found the assault boot to be bloody awful and you cant tie your boot with a 'kings lace' properly. Thats the reason why i then went and 'aquired' some pro boots for my field pair when i wasnt wearing black junglies.

Personally the best 'cheap' boot combo for me and the one i always revert to is:

High goretex socks and jungle boots.

Really light weight, water proof, dry out really quickly, if its really hot and dry you can lose the goretex layer.

We use the layer principle for clothing, i just applied it to feet.

I also found a pair of issue socks and a pair or goretex socks meant zero blisters even on long tabs on crappy ground as the two sock layers alleiviate the friction

Comment

If I'm honest in my personal opinion, don't go pro boots.... I use Lowa combat GTX boots or altbergs. A lot of para use altbergs nice and lightweight but also offer good pro reaction. Lowa boots are brilliant, im on my 4 pair now and well, I got for a all in these, train in these, work in these I live and die in these boots! Can't fault them what so ever! A lot of military service personel I know use them and can't fault them
                        A lot of more but.... They sure do hold it

Comment

Right stilll have not run or walked a long distance with them yet, but honestly i think they are brilliant so far , they are actually really comfortable . I have also just finished polishing them so there shining . :-)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

curlyrocks Find out more about curlyrocks
                          Working...
                          X