SA80 LMG Rail System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SA80 LMG Rail System

This looks new, never seen one before. sorry about the picture quality.
    IMG_0184.jpgIMG_0186.jpgIMG_0187.jpg

Re: SA80 LMG Rail System

Part of the LSW's improvement package being developed at the moment

Comment

Why on earth do you need so much RIS real estate on the thing?

And I thought the LSW had been binned completely.

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
        For the PEQ box, another laser, another taclight, foregrip, bog-roll attachment, scope (on the top), ACOG (on the right), Holo sight (on the left) and MAGPUL goodies.
        Because y'know, that's how the real military works.
        Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
        Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

Can't wait to see the finished real steel version. Closely followed by the airsoft variant for my LSW

Comment

Great more weight to make it an even more unbalanced piece of out dated crap!
            sigpic

"The reason the American Army does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the American Army practices it on a daily basis."
            - from a post-war debriefing of a German General

Comment

i like it but to be honest things like the L129A1 do a better job for a dmr and the lmg (minimi) do a beter job for a lsw its abit of a useless rifle but if they bother pdateing it they should add a decent scope and larger mag..ATLEAST!!

Comment

GPMG man myself, but it still better then the Bren back in my day.

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post

And I thought the LSW had been binned completely.
                  I thought it had aswell, I know they still hold then in the armoury but I have seen one signed out for years !

Owner of DCS
                  (Doom custom shooters)
                  PM me for Custom work!

Comment

At nearly £10,000 per L129 and they only bought 540 in total, they need a cheaper more avalible alternative plus the LSW is still accurate to 600m try that with a minimi

Comment

Originally posted by boottroop View Post
                      GPMG man myself, but it still better then the Bren back in my day.
                      HERETIC next you'll be saying that the SLR wasn't god's own design

Comment

Well if trends in Military procurement are anything to go by, even the Yanks are moving towards L86 style long barrelled ARs-come-LMGs for front line troops, you just have to look at the USMC ditching their Minimis for magazine fed M27 IARs. It seems that CQB is the warzone of the future and hulking heavy belt fed M249s and M240s in tight streets and alleyways is not a sustainable model anymore.

I never saw the point of the L86 for era it was procured for, if the Iron Curtain rolled over the East German border LSW gunners would have been outgunned very quickly by the nearest PKM/RPD nest, even RPKs would have kept them batted off. At 30 rounds a pop I never saw how it could be considered a support weapon, when an L85 provided just as much suppression. They would have been better off either buying Minimis off the Belgians or rechambering the BREN in 5.56.

IMO of course.
                        - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

You don't need much accuracy from. Minimi its a support weapon not a dmr...that's what the sharpshooter and long range rifle is for

Comment

Originally posted by jssmitty96 View Post
                            You don't need much accuracy from. Minimi its a support weapon not a dmr...that's what the sharpshooter and long range rifle is for
                            Biggest gripe of my time in the army! Whats the first thing you do when in inaccurate fire comes your way? take a knee and figure it out where its coming from.

First thing you do when a round pings off the ground in front of your face? you hit the deck crawl away and shit your pants!

Always put my faith more in a couple of accurate rifle rounds than lots of noise from a gun that been out ranged!

If your going to employ a gun nowadays you need the GPMG a nice balance between accuracy and range! And don't no one give me the crap about "oh but the gpmg is supposed to be inaccurate to create a beaten zone!" you can still drop a figure 11 at 1km with a 2-3 round burst!

Sorry rant over
                            sigpic

"The reason the American Army does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the American Army practices it on a daily basis."
                            - from a post-war debriefing of a German General

Comment

to be honest you should always go to cover first anyway....what idiot is going to kneel down in the open if they are being shot at lol... different weapons are good for different things unfortunatley the lsw is one of those weapons that dosent furful its role properly its tryign to be two things at once and it dosent work thats why its been replaced by two weapons which do the jon much etter for the support role youve got the gpmg and the minimi which used the same rounds as the l85 for the marksman role you hace the sharpshooter rifle and the long range rifle for the pointman and cloe quaters youve got the combat shotgun (bennelli m4) and for everything else the l85 different weapons are the ebst for different things unfortunatley the lsw was trying to be two things it was never going to be

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

boottroop Find out more about boottroop
                              Working...
                              X