Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding a Clacker?

Hi,

I'm trying to source a (non-functioning) clacker style detonator such as those commonly associated with Claymores and C4.

I have had a google around but cant find anywhere obvious that might be able to supply one. Not being familiar with the world of militaria I don't really know where to look. Can anyone suggest where I might be able to obtain one, or failing that accurate details of their geomerty. I'm guessing that they can't be easy to come by, given that they are by no means 'surplus'.

Thanks
    Last edited by MajorLandmark; 9 February, 2013, 00:21.

Re: Finding a Clacker?

ebay.... not very hard, type "claymore".

Comment

We have to smash loads of them up in work (no need to keep the old ones). Quite an interesting mechanism, people think they've got some sort of piezoelectric crystal inside, but after some 'experimentation' with a hammer I can confirm that's not the case. Just bits of metal and a coil of wire.

If you pick one up, see how many people you can dare to bridge the contacts with some part of their body while you press the lever. After double checking they don't have pace-makers fitted or anything of that kind of course.
      REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

There's one on the Bay of e right this second.

Comment

Originally posted by CKinnerley View Post
          Just bits of metal and a coil of wire.

If you pick one up, see how many people you can dare to bridge the contacts with some part of their body while you press the lever.
          So they work a bit like the mechanism in them clicky disposable lighter's then?

Comment

Originally posted by CKinnerley View Post
            We have to smash loads of them up in work (no need to keep the old ones). Quite an interesting mechanism, people think they've got some sort of piezoelectric crystal inside, but after some 'experimentation' with a hammer I can confirm that's not the case. Just bits of metal and a coil of wire.

If you pick one up, see how many people you can dare to bridge the contacts with some part of their body while you press the lever. After double checking they don't have pace-makers fitted or anything of that kind of course.
            Any chance you can acquire one from work? Obviously I'd pay postage and a finders fee.

I've seen the one on ebay at the moment, but it looks like it'll be going for quite a lot all things considered. They also don't crop up all that often from the looks of it, so I was wondering if there is a more reliably source for one that's less time dependent?

Comment

Originally posted by MajorLandmark View Post
              Any chance you can acquire one from work? Obviously I'd pay postage and a finders fee.

I've seen the one on ebay at the moment, but it looks like it'll be going for quite a lot all things considered. They also don't crop up all that often from the looks of it, so I was wondering if there is a more reliably source for one that's less time dependent?
              They're not the sort of thing lads from a bomb dump cant sell off. They are Crown property and its a big no no. Just some friendly advice.
              HK 416
              Sig 226

Geronimo - For God and Country

Zero Fucks Given...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MajorLandmark Find out more about MajorLandmark
              Working...
              X