• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Falklands/80s brit loadout!

A full set of 58 webbing would have:

Yoke over your shoulders
    Belt (guess where that goes)
    right and left ammo pouches, these slope *away* from you and should be over your sides/hips not on your front
    behind the right hand side ammo pouch is your water bottle pouch, behind your left should be your respirator haversack
    on the small of your back are two 'kidney pouches' for your cooking, cleaning kit and food
    hanging off the bottom off the kidney pouches is the poncho roll that can also carry the head of a pick axe

on your yoke there is a little loop between your shoulder blades, this is for attaching your spade or pick axe helve, it then rest s between the kidney pouches

Quite often *above* the kidney pouches you wear a second poncho roll with your NBC kit in it.

Thats basic 'complete equipment fighting order' if you add the 'large pack' (its neither large not any use as a pack) on your back its 'complete equipment marching order' and your sleeping bag is strapped to the top of it... if done correctly it should *guarantee* pushing your helmet over your face any time you try and go prone.

- - - Updated - - -

thats 'text book' , depending on your oc/rsm and your units SOPs/laxness you could muck about and some guys removed the kidney pouches and ran three or four water bottle pouches in their place, some chaps binned the rear pouches an put two ressie bags on for extra capacity.

A basic set looks like this.

In the last two pics you can see that because my ressie bag is on its shoulder strap (some units required this) i've had enough space to fit a bino pouch in which i keep my brew kit and first aid on the side and a utility knife.

Comment

Wasn't also the case that many removed the yoke entirely, running only a belt? I know talking to a chap I work with who served, he said he did on many occasions, as it was a bit more flexible?

Comment

Originally posted by Art steventon View Post
        Wasn't also the case that many removed the yoke entirely, running only a belt? I know talking to a chap I work with who served, he said he did on many occasions, as it was a bit more flexible?
        If you were doing things like vehicle checkpoints in N.I, it was common to use a belt order, which usually just had the two ammo pouches, and a water bottle. It meant you could wear it lower on the waist, so you could wear a flak vest above it.

Comment

yeah a belt kits only any good if you're not carrying much, you really need the yoke to support the weight, if you had full ammo pouches, water bottle and packed kidney pouches you'd have no skin on your hips running just a belt.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rogerio134 Find out more about Rogerio134
          Working...
          X