Falklands war kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falklands war kit

hey anyone got a kit list or pictures of their Falklands loadout and also anyone know where i can get a ares L1A1 because they all seem to be out of stock? ta.

Re: Falklands war kit

The Ares L1A1 is out of stock everywhere. Have been in direct contact with Ares regarding spares for the SLR and indeed purchasing another brand new one, but all I get in return is requests for the part numbers of the bits I want.
    Apparently " I want to buy a complete new L1A1" does not translate to well into Chinese.
    Originally Posted by PureSilver
    "Complaining that it's shit because it's more complicated and less reliable than an AEG is like complaining that sex is shit because it's much messier than masturbating into a sock."

Comment

I take you didn't look to hard, for the first part of your Question. This is about the best thread (see link) on the subject on this forum plus there's about 4 others on the first page of the Brit load out page.
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...Falklands-1982

Comment

It's unlikely that you'll be able to find an Ares SLR for sale new. If I were you I'd get lurking in the classifieds and start hoping.

Also, I found it very easy to get spares from Ares. I contacted Crystal from their customer service department and have had two separate orders from them which both went swimmingly, though I wasn't after a whole rifle.

Comment

Forget the ares l1a1 buddy get a kingarms blowback slr frankly a more solid and realistic build had mine two years now and never let me down yet :-) i think you can stiil buy this version online as well

Comment

This was our lot at a Falklands-themed event at Foxtrot 58 a couple of years back, doing Royal Marines for Day 1 and Paras for Day 2. Not everybody could manage SLRs of course (or even DPM!) but there were a few SLRs and plenty of '58 Pattern webbing and '68 Pattern DPM (none of the widely-worn windproofs tho, and worn with olive green lightweight trousers for the 'bootie' phase). Sorry the pics upload so small; there were some better pics of us in the article about this event in issue 6 of 'Take Aim' magazine.

F58 Clean Sweep - 12.jpg
            F58 Clean Sweep - 14.jpg
            F58 Clean Sweep - 03.jpg

The Osprey 'Falklands War - Land Forces' is a good reference source. Volume 3, number 11 of Airsoft International had a decent feature on Falklands loadouts, plus their review of the Star SLR.

PS agree that the KA SLR is somewhat the better airsoft weapon tho visually slightly less realistic than the Star/Ares (KA has slender flash hider; wrong carry handle; no cut out to lower right rear of mag well; pistol grip slightly too rounded and far forward; safety gives full auto on 'Repetition' etc). Sturdier construction too, mine has survived some hard knocks, tho I had to replace a broken spring recently. The blowback is a nice feature. There's one for sale on eBay too...I think...

*Retailer Removed*
            Last edited by ForceGhost; 7 May, 2013, 19:33.

Comment

Originally posted by 33lima View Post
              This was our lot at a Falklands-themed event at Foxtrot 58 a couple of years back, doing Royal Marines for Day 1 and Paras for Day 2. Not everybody could manage SLRs of course (or even DPM!) but there were a few SLRs and plenty of '58 Pattern webbing and '68 Pattern DPM (none of the widely-worn windproofs tho, and worn with olive green lightweight trousers for the 'bootie' phase). Sorry the pics upload so small; there were some better pics of us in the article about this event in issue 6 of 'Take Aim' magazine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84479[/ATTACH]
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]84480[/ATTACH]
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]84481[/ATTACH]

The Osprey 'Falklands War - Land Forces' is a good reference source. Volume 3, number 11 of Airsoft International had a decent feature on Falklands loadouts, plus their review of the Star SLR.

PS agree that the KA SLR is somewhat the better airsoft weapon tho visually slightly less realistic than the Star/Ares (KA has slender flash hider; wrong carry handle; no cut out to lower right rear of mag well; pistol grip slightly too rounded and far forward; safety gives full auto on 'Repetition' etc). Sturdier construction too, mine has survived some hard knocks, tho I had to replace a broken spring recently. The blowback is a nice feature. There's one for sale on eBay too...I think...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/King-Arms-...item41720f5fb6
              Not for long it shouldnt be.

Comment

Personally i'd take the Star/Ares everytime, i've had a few and there is one on sale on Zeroin now.
                HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NightOwl Find out more about NightOwl
                Working...
                X