M4 to c8 SFW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 to c8 SFW?

HOW? I'm thinking of getting a TM recoil shock M4 or an ICS m4. What do I need? I have a basic understanding, but I'd like some extra help. I'm not too fussed about trade marks, but the more realistic the better!
    'Who dares, wins' - Del Trotter

Re: M4 to c8 SFW?

i know you say your not fussed about trades, but if you find a body kit later on you will NOT be able to fit it to both of those.
    If you are wanting to do trades at a later date then the ics would be better as the lower reciever metal is better to machine and the original markings arent too deep to file/sand off.
    As for the other parts you will need..
    * storm/battle grip
    * the solid A frame front sight
    * original stlye retractible stock with stock pad
    * C8/L119 barrel or the barrel extension
    * Standard acog

i may have missed one or two. but they are the basics to do both the C8 or L119 variants as both use the same parts

Comment

Only need the barrel extension if building the know seldom used 16" version. If building the know more common 10"CQB model you don't need the solid front sight either. It was used to mount the launcher to but the CQB is to short anyway. IF you want the foresight it can be mocked up with a hacksaw to remove the bayonet lug and body filler to fill in the gap between barrel n gas pipe. Wouldn't woorry to much about correct stock either a crane or Magpul will work too. Both have been seen fitted to Brit guns.
      The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

So apart from the trades, it's no different (I'm talking airsoft, not realsteel)?
        I've read/seen somewhere on here, a 10" CQB style with a CTR stock and a standard M4 style grip! What about the RIS, if you were the best of the best and modding your issued rifle for your needs with paint etc, could you not install a longer rail and a low pro gas block if you (SAS/SBS) felt it suited your needs better?
        I'd love to built a C8 but I also love my long rail. Any thoughts?

Comment

A different RIS possibly but unlikely. Our guys don't care they just want something that works, the basic RIS does the job. As for the gas block that would need an armourer to do it, so no. They may change stocks as that is easy and they can be bought in the PX or traded with Yanks, likewise possibly different reddot sights.

Comment

So any Ris will do? Are there any c8 sfw that have a regular fore grip?

Comment

It's possible but not seen any, wouldn't really see the point, unless they need to fit a battery eh?

Comment

Valid point, but if I get the longer version and add a UGL, I wouldnt need a RIS ?

- - - Updated - - -

Scratch that, just looked at some pics and even those with a UGL have a RIS, they just have rail covers.

Comment

So the Std 7" RIS, a magpul CTR stock, and a Std M4 grip (what about a magpul?), so are the barrels 10" or 10.5" on the CQB length? And I'm running a T1, would that be okay as I really like it.

Comment

Std grip is possible, especially if running the 16" as some older AR's where converted with Diemaco Uppers so would have had standard grips. Magpuls ones again could be bout from the PX or traded. Basically though my golden rule is It's airsoft, if you like it use it.

Comment

Right to set things right: Standard grips are now the norm on the Diemacos (new run now no longer sports the storm grips) front sights for the SFW (16") are no longer the reinforced chunky mothers but the standard M4 front sights. Depending on the ICS model you're going for (there are plastic ones) I'd personally say avoid using them as a base. They're not all that compatible with other manufacturers parts. G&P, G&G and TMs (non recoils) are a good base and aren't too costly.

The CAR15 style stock with butt pad isn't the only thing in use, you also have the choice of the Magpul CTR style stocks. On the CQB Diemacos the barrel length is 10" so for accuracy you'll be looking at getting the Pro Arms L119A1 barrel set. Sight wise many things are in use: Eotech 552s, Comp Aimpoints, ACOGS (with doctor sights and wing mounts) and a variety of other sights. Take a look at the L119a1 build thread for tips and details.

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...aco-L119A1-SFW

Comment

Originally posted by Thingsthatexplode View Post
                        Valid point, but if I get the longer version and add a UGL, I wouldnt need a RIS ?

- - - Updated - - -

Scratch that, just looked at some pics and even those with a UGL have a RIS, they just have rail covers.
                        Still need the RIS as the standard UGL is now the M320 not M203

Comment

Originally posted by hapi View Post
                          Still need the RIS as the standard UGL is now the M320 not M203

It is in fact the H&K AG36 (british designation L17A1) The M320 is a shorter barrel length.

Comment

Yes by about an 1"

Comment

It's a different grenade launcher though - if you care about the differences between an M4 and C8 - you'll likely care about the differences between a M302 and an AG36...

Sam's basically covered it off. Look at the L119 thread for details. I'd advise going for the Storm grip if you can - it isn't needed anymore, but really gives it that SFW feel.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Thingsthatexplode Been playing for over a year now, hopefully joining the regs in a couple more. Find out more about Thingsthatexplode
                              Working...
                              X