Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L110A2, GPMG, L85 TES and Long Term FIST STA Loadout Information

Hi chaps
    Recently been reading up on FIST gear as I try to make my loadouts as contemporary as possible.
    This particularly interesting article has prompted me to post this thread so that people can share resources and ideas about the latest and near future developments of dismounted light role infantry gear:
    http://ukarmedforcescommentary.blogs...ality.html?m=1
    We all know the Glock 17 Gen4 has stepped in to replace the Sig now and the L129A1 is going particularly strong with more and more sharpshooters trained each year. I have yet to see an L110A2 but friends have told me the RIS is now available as an option depending on the preference of the gunner himself. The L7A2 update program isn't talked about much these days although the vortex flash eliminator and the top covers for Naval use are now being fitted with 20mm scope rails with these top covers being rumoured to see service in RM units on occasion. The LSW seems all but redundant now but RIS is being added to it as mentioned on another thread. The 7.62 maximinimi is seeing more and more use as I have personally seen it filtering into ML and then limited use in regular Commando units (although the GPMG seems to be king still).
    Please post your pictures, resources and experiences gents and make this a fantastic resource for us all.
    | Systema L119A1 UGL PTW || Echo 1 L7A2 GPMG || G&P L110A2 Minimi || Custom L129A1 || KSC Glock 17 || Inokatsu Sig P226 || KSC Glock 18C |

Re: L110A2, GPMG, L85 TES and Long Term FIST STA Loadout Information

I don't understand.

Are you after photo's of British forces weapons or British loadouts?

There are already loads of threads on both.

Comment

Both on one thread, but specifically FIST related. The latest developments as part of the future integrated soldier technology program so that people can plan and make near future loadouts
      This thread would be a place for resources and news of developments to be collated
      | Systema L119A1 UGL PTW || Echo 1 L7A2 GPMG || G&P L110A2 Minimi || Custom L129A1 || KSC Glock 17 || Inokatsu Sig P226 || KSC Glock 18C |

Comment

L129A1 is not coming into core equipment due to cost, alternative are being studied

Comment

Really?! :O
          That's fascinating, especially given its popularity and widespread issue across the services and the recent ramping up of our sniper courses.
          I don't mean to cast doubt but what's your source on that as its brand new to me?
          What alternatives are considered at the moment? I thought the process for the current L129 was extensive and ruled out SCAR, G3 and HK417 platforms?

Comment

L129's are purely on the UOR budget, once thats gone so will they. The last plan was some would be converted to SSW spec along with the 150 or so already at SSW spec and would go into sniper plts for the no2. The rest would go to the MOD police. HK417 and SCAR H have been put forward as replacements, LMT LM007 was selected due to the pentagon blocking the export of SCAR H and HK417 had been selected by our own SF.

Comment

I'm fairly sure the L129 beat the SCAR-H and 417 in the trials.
              Fire Team Zulu
              Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
              http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

Also, the Glock was bought to replace the Browning. The sig was a UOR stop gap while a new weapon was found.

Comment

The ACOG was also a UOR... as was the Grenade machine gun launcher! Infact, alot of the modern stuff is a UOR

Comment

So basically if we want to carry on seeing cool stuff from the army we need more wars?
                    Fire Team Zulu
                    Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
                    http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

Originally posted by hapi View Post
                      ...and HK417 had been selected by our own SF.
                      HK417 was largely dropped from SF due to issues with a 'sticky bolt' and HK being slow to supply replacement parts and fix the issue? Only people I've seen using it, outside the SFSG pics, were the RM shooting team who were supplied almost entirely by HK apparently.
                      ACOG is no longer issued and is replaced by Spectre as outlined by FIST.
                      Most of the UORs will stay surely? The MOD bought millions of Emags, thousands of L129A1s, Maximinimis, NVGs and new PPE, surely they wont just get rid of them all and go back to old school PLCE webbing, DPM, polymer handguards, SUSATs and god awfgul LSWs after 2015?

Comment

The 417 is still very much used by UKSF.

Comment

Originally posted by systema PTW SOPMOD View Post
                          HK417 was largely dropped from SF due to issues with a 'sticky bolt' and HK being slow to supply replacement parts and fix the issue? Only people I've seen using it, outside the SFSG pics, were the RM shooting team who were supplied almost entirely by HK apparently.
                          ACOG is no longer issued and is replaced by Spectre as outlined by FIST.
                          Most of the UORs will stay surely? The MOD bought millions of Emags, thousands of L129A1s, Maximinimis, NVGs and new PPE, surely they wont just get rid of them all and go back to old school PLCE webbing, DPM, polymer handguards, SUSATs and god awfgul LSWs after 2015?

No most are here to stay.

The new PPE vests are here to stay as far as I know. PLCE still has its place but the ospreys are making their way into normal training now. I still use PLCE in my unit but I've seen people in Harrogate Foundation college, RLC using the new osprey whilsts training.

SUSAT have to be replaced.

It's old, and the gas inside has reached its sell by date. They are being slowly replaced with spectre sights, NOT ACOGS.
                          ACOG's will go.

L86 has long gone, but some units still use it for section training.

RIS rails are here to stay. So are polymer handguards. They are swapped when needed, doing drill for example.

DPM has gone. Surely you know this lol.
                          MTP is now the standard uniform across the board, even cadets are using it.

The stuff you list is generally new kit and is here to stay. Some UOR however will go as there's no place for it once afgahn is done with.

Comment

Haha I was sarcastic to strengthen my point. There's no way all the uor will be dropped. It's just too expensive

Comment

Well the L129's were rented rather than bought. So they aren't staying for the long term.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

systema PTW SOPMOD Find out more about systema PTW SOPMOD
                              Working...
                              X