Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Sa80 bayonet help.. Sa80 with madbull rail.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sa80 bayonet help.. Sa80 with madbull rail.

I know there has been about 10 plus topics on this but well I can't seem to get a direct answer.

I've just bought an ics sa80 and will be purchasing a madbull rail for it, to complete my british loadout i want to have a sa80 bayonet to attach to the end of the gun.

I'm looking for something like this

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0ec106f4.jpg like this pictured here.

The gun is the same with rail but ACOG not susat sight, I believe you can't get the bayonet pictured but can someone please confirm this? I want it to be a rubber bayonet. I don't want real as accidents happen and I don't want to chop my arm off :D

If not can you upgrade a m4 bayonet to fit?
    And from saint Peter he will tell!! one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell..

Re: Sa80 bayonet help.. Sa80 with madbull rail.

M4 type bayonet is totally different fitting.
    SA80 type fits over the Barrel/Flash hider through Bayonet's Grip where as M4 Bayonet is standard type fitting.

Comment

SA80 bayonets are quite unique and a bit shit too.

In three years i think i fitted mine about eight times and that was nearly always for practice of a 'freedom of city x' parade or whatever.

As you probably know it's offset with the 'handgrip' going around the flash supressor at the end (early ones had a tendancy to 'launch' off the rifle) and i cant think of many other bayonets that do this.

Just get a real one, superglue it into its sheath (if your site will let you) and leave it on your webbing.

I picked up one for £15 the other day, you can get them quite cheap if you shop around. You'll probably never see the difference if you keep it in its frog but there are two types of scabbard. There is an 'teeth arms' type with a saw blade/wire cutter fitting (from memory, it might be something else but its a load of metal work attached) and an economised 'suppport arms' version which lacks this. The one i got for £15 was the latter.

Bit of a weird logic putting a bayonet on a bullpup rifle given that it gives you all of about a foot extra striking range, i mean on an SMLE/no4/SLR it makes sense as you effectively create a spear...

Comment

£15 was a great deal :-) Last time I tried to get one you could add £100 to that LOL.

Comment

Shop down the road had about three in at £15, not anymore like but like I say they do crop up cheap if you hunt about. Helps that i live close to a barracks so a lot of old kit finds it way into junk and charity shops.

Comment

Sa80 bayonet with some of the others in the collection.

Comment

I don't want a real one but the base of the bayonet would it be possible to take it off and then put a rubber knife on there instead of metal knife part? I want to use it in games and if entering a building i can charge in with knife and sa80..

If it bends and I follow the rules like an m4 bayonet and don't be a dick it should be ok. At Phoenix Airsoft they allow them along as you don't throw them at people.
              And from saint Peter he will tell!! one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell..

Comment

Well given that the blades are made out of the shittest metal known to man (i've seen people break them in training) there must me quite a few broken ones about.

I've sure you could grind off the blade and perhaps attach an m4 rubber one.

I used to play at phoenix every month and they never had an issue with real bayonets being carried for the 'look' you could just never put them on the gun.

I see what you're after, your best bet is to get a broken real one i reckon and put on an commercially made airsoft blade.

- - - Updated - - -

dude here machined one out of wood... maybe you could get a wooden handle made and paint it... be more durabel than the real ones...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4HBrceoo-g

Comment

Actually, you could probably cast a handle quite easily yourself out of resin or sillicone if you could find someone with a real one to loan you.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Commandoo Typical lad, gym, work, fashion, music Find out more about Commandoo
                  Working...
                  X