L119a1 Front sight Unnecessary ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L119a1 Front sight Unnecessary ?

so I've been looking at various pictures of uksf in recent theatres (iraq,afghan) ect. for loadout ideas, and I've noticed in quite a lot of these photos their weapons do not have the C8 style front sights.
    heres a few of examples:sas-group.jpguksf-soldier.jpguksf-c8.jpguk-special-forces-iraq.jpgmVEWfjd.jpg
    and in these ones they,re using m4 style LE stocksspecial-air-services.jpg

could it be that maybe they are replaced with yank parts because they're easier to find?

i wasn't going to make a full on L119a1SFW replica anyway but could some parts be unnecessary?

Re: L119a1 Front sight Unnecessary ?

The cqb 10" has a normal front sight as its not designed to carry a launcher, the reason the 16" has the filled sight is to support the barrel. As for the stocks they are infact normal diemaco ones not LE stocks if you look closly.
    Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

As NEWT has said, the strengthened front sight is only fitted to the 16" and the stocks are actually the older style M4/M733/C8 stocks its the angle that is making them look a bit different, however there is a pic somewhere of a CAA stock on a SFW.

Comment

ive definatly seen pictures of them with Crane stocks, i think,

Comment

Nope unlikey, crane stocks were issued to us socom, crane is the weapons testing facility for socom hense 'crane' you must have seen the mk18 mod 0... Magpul ctr stocks have been seen in use but that would have been private purchase not issue.
          Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

There is one picture floating about of some B squadron blades and dog handler with one gun with a crane stock. That's the only one I have ever seen. There is another picture of some black kitted soldiers with a couple of LMT carbines which were apparently trailed .300 black out, but crane stocks aren't common at all.

Comment

I put a filled in front sight on my L119A1 CQB but I was going for a certain look
              "I happen to be a death-dealing, blood-crazed warrior who wakes up every day just hoping for the chance to dismember my enemies and defile their civilizations. " - Corporal Josh Ray Person U.S Marine's 1st Recon Battallion 2nd Platoon

Comment

What look was that then?
                Instagram = No1jimmypie https://instagram.com/no1jimmypie/

Comment

pretty sweet I'll post some pics tomorrow
                  "I happen to be a death-dealing, blood-crazed warrior who wakes up every day just hoping for the chance to dismember my enemies and defile their civilizations. " - Corporal Josh Ray Person U.S Marine's 1st Recon Battallion 2nd Platoon

Comment

Most of the 16" guns have apparently been cut down know so presumably they would still have the filled in sight. Did the first SFW's with 16" barrels have a normal frontsight or have they always had the special one?
                    The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

From what I understand they have always had the enhanced site, and I hadn't heard of them being cut down, only that the 10" uppers were preferred currently.

Comment

I cant see them being cut down, I'm sure they can just purchase 10" barrels in a bulk for alot less time, work and money?

Comment

Front sight as promised
                          Attached Files

Comment

But C8CQBs don't ever have solid sight posts.

Comment

Bugger and bollocks, just noticed this having brought a solid front sight... Well I have the long barrel but was going to go for the CQB type but then it'll look silly with the short barrel!

I guess I'll sell the long barrel with the sight if they are a couple...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

lewby Find out more about lewby
                              Working...
                              X