MK7 Helmet Foliage Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MK7 Helmet Foliage Help

This is really bugging me now as I have no idea as to go about doing anything like this so is it possible for someone to provide a step by step tutorial or method etc. in order to get a mk7 to look pretty much just like this, to the finest detail if possible; like a guide for dummies please ? Thanks. What I think he has done so far is cut a helmet cover to size and glued it on, before securing a scrim net with a cat eyes band (I fail to see how this is secure though :/) and then obviously threaded some cut up trousers through the netting. Any help is much appreciated.

amoc-cct-2013-155-770.jpg
    sigpic

Interested? PM me.

Re: MK7 Helmet Foliage Help

Found another photo of the same guy:
    amoc-cct-2013-155-777.jpg
    sigpic

Interested? PM me.

Comment

nobody...?
      sigpic

Interested? PM me.

Comment

The cover is not glued on fella. What they actually do is get a mtp helmet cover and cut it round the base of the helmet. They then use what's called "scapa tape" and use it to tape to the bottom of the helmet making sure that you have enough to fold it inside the helmet. The other thing to look out for is to make sure you don't do the tape too high up the helmet, so roughly no more than an inch and a half. Next you get a green scrim net place it on the helmet then use the helmet band and slide it down the helmet. Once the helmet band is down and the netting is tight(ish) to the helmet, cut it round the base like the mtp cover.
        Then you want to cut up mtp material into strips roughly 3-4 inches long, they don't have to be straight. (personally I would use multicam as wont tell the difference plus is a lot cheaper than mtp)
        You can add more than just mtp, some also use hessian (sandbag material) strips.
        What they do next is stitch/sew the strips to the netting. Depending on how much you want to add it maybe easier to start from the bottom and work your way up so the strips overlap.
        Then add the nvg mount and strap on top once done.

Comment

If that's the case, has he removed the black band that runs around the helmet been removed then placed back on? since I can see the scapa tape around the edge now but obviously that black band has not been obscured. Thanks so far anyway, thought I was all out of luck.
          sigpic

Interested? PM me.

Comment

No he didnt remove the black helmet rim, he just cut away the scapa tape using the black rim as a guide. Although that band has been known to start coming away from the helmet, so i would tape over it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bam Curry Find out more about Bam Curry
            Working...
            X