RCT Driver Load out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCT Driver Load out.

I'm going to do a different load out to everyone else.
    I'm bored of SAS/Delta/SEALS/RM

I'm going for RCT Driver, circa 1986. I'm going to wear the awful, and therefore readily available 1985 Pattern temperate combat jacket, lightweights, Boots, Combat High, Norgie shirt and a woolly pully. As I'm middle aged and overweight, a Lance Corporal's chevron will be ideal. I will accessorise with a bacon and egg sarnie. A 58 pattern belt with a S6 resi pouch will be all I'm carrying.

The whole set up should cost about forty quid. I've got a Series 3 lightweight and a Sterling SMG, so I'll wander onto the field , blat off a few rounds, shoot myself/a mate and wander back into the safe zone, bluffing how I could have "slotted" everyone, but I thought I'd give the other side a chance. I will then disappear to the portaloo with a copy of "Razzle" to relax.

Genuine, realistic Milsim, right there. Who else is in?
    Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Re: RCT Driver Load out.

For this loadout, you'll need a set of oily green denims, greasy blue beret shaped with the cap badge centre forehead, Tankie style, and copious 2 litre bottles of fizzy drink and choccy bars. Gloves in arse pocket and unkempt 'tache are optional, but do add to the authenticity of the look. As does the fag/pencil behind the ear.

For a sidearm, you may wish to consider a clipboard with POL dockets caked in grease, oil and unknown bodily excretions. Hope this helps?
    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Developing a good Really Large Corps loadout is complicated. You can't just be a motor transport driver and leave it at that. It's just not real enough.

To convince others that you're a true mong and an authentic REMF; you have to role play a driver, who in turn role plays ex-SF with bad knees.
      Initially, this can be very difficult as you are in fact blending roles together and ultimately; operating two loadouts at once.

Success depends on how others observe the smaller details of your loadout(s).
      For example:
      Your grotesque body shape (eat bricks of lard for real impact), poor personal hygiene and greasy fingers would make you out to be a real Support Arms guy... but under the sleeve is a badly done winged dagger tattoo and a slowly fading (unlike the pretend memories that you up at night) kill tally.
      Occasionally you should make deliberate gestures with it and hope your friends notice. Remember, a picture says a thousand words.

Dialogue is everything. Use lines such as;
      "I didn't ask for this." and "I used these in combat."
      If you wanted to be less subtle, remember your props and combine the two tactics together.

If you need further advice on how to pull off this and other wank stain loadouts, be sure to inbox the usual suspects or see anyone in immaculate multicam.
      Last edited by RiflemanLizard; 6 March, 2014, 03:43.

Comment

I'm keeping it simple. However, every so often I'll ask a question that could be answered by using Google or make a spurious claim to being an expert because I have a mate who was "Them". ("Them" in this case refers to the RCT, and not members of the Special Air Service. I will also use nicknames for the RCT, just to show I'm "in" with the lingo, so I can claim kudos because of my thinly veiled superior inside knowledge)

- - - Updated - - -

Remember, for extra points, make sure your lightweights have seams sewn in AND are two tone from being ironed on the outside only, not the inseam.
        Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

"Really Cool Truckers" and "Rickshaws, Cabs and Taxi's". Laid back, chilled and couldn't give a F**K attitude required.

Comment

Guys not funny, I am an ex RCT Driver with 10 years under my belt. Don't make fun of a group of soldiers that made sure all you teeth arms units had ammo to fight with and food and water to keep you going. Without us you was hungry and without ammo all you could do is throw your weapon at them. Oh by the way convoy drivers have some of the shortest life expectancies in a war.............

Comment

I'm not taking the p*ss out of RCT. I valued them highly. What I may be mocking is the endless "I want to look cool like the SAS" types who IGNORE other, less glamorous, just as useful trades. (I do have a Series 3 Lightweight, an SLR and a Sterling, so it makes sense for me to go for something appropriate) As an ex Landing Craft driver, I get bemused by the endless SF worship.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and as someone who sold me a Sten recently will attest, I am (a) LARGE and (b) have a de rigeur 1980's moustache.

Comment

Well, that killed that one, thanks Chris.

Tankie loadout anyone? I can laugh at how slapdash we were!
                There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Aww come on, man? Why'd you report my post? After ten years you should easily recognise it as off-the-cuff crack. You must have left your squaddie sense of humour in your cab, assuming you were issued one.

We could do an Easter special, Bamf. We could be 'Infantry meets Countdown.'

Hard men meet even harder words.
                  It'd be hilarious.

I'll be Vorderman.

Comment

Originally posted by RiflemanLizard View Post
                    Aww come on, man? Why'd you report my post? After ten years you should easily recognise it as off-the-cuff crack. You must have left your squaddie sense of humour in your cab
                    Along with your shins?

Comment

Comment

Of course if we are going for a proper 86 squaddie loadout, other options include turning up in a ford Capri costing far too much but on BFG plates you will still claim to "make a killing when I sell it back in the UK"
                        sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Sorry guys i'm proud of my corps and time, and it didn't sit well with me.. Just get sick of all those walts that go, oh im ex so and so, and can't be proud of what they actually did. Had enough of certain regiments pulling us apart whilst I was in, wasn't having it here as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                          Along with your shins?
                          Lol yes agree with shins after serving in a Stalwart troop and scraping my legs on the hatch all the while lol..

Comment

I've said it before.

My daily working rig involved wellies. Wellies. WELLIES. Come on, now THAT my friends is what you call cool and laid back. Prepared to go to war/Norway in wellington boots.

Comment

Mine was red PT vest, blue cotton shorts and BCH with green socks rolled over the top. A shovel and OEP 220 can with a wire handle used to go for a tactical dump.

Smudger slung over my back and Sony Walkman (Tape) bought from the NAAFI on tick.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hawke Middle aged and in middle management. Airsoft to cope with a midlife crisis. Find out more about Hawke
                              Working...
                              X