Wanting a Budget British loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wanting a Budget British loadout

Wear in the park, huddle up beside a tree. If a dog pees on you, you know it's good.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RitchieTheBrit View Post
      Wear in the park, huddle up beside a tree. If a dog pees on you, you know it's good.

Haha, I'll pass on testing it like that :P
      A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him

Comment

Okay new camera mount arrived so my set-up is pretty much complete..So what do you guys reckon? 2014-03-26 12-22-27.401.jpg 2014-03-26 12-22-37.418.jpg (Sorry about the bad pictures, taken via my webcam :L )
        A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him

Comment

Your pouches at the front need a gap. Our mag pouches normally sat around the hip area, allowing us to go prone or kneel without any undue hindrance.

Don't remember having a camera on my lid though 😜

Comment

Originally posted by RitchieTheBrit View Post
            Your pouches at the front need a gap. Our mag pouches normally sat around the hip area, allowing us to go prone or kneel without any undue hindrance.

Don't remember having a camera on my lid though ��
            Alright, Well only the far left and right are properly strapped to the webbing so the middle ones can freely move if i need to prone quickly + The camera is just a strap thing under my helmet so when the battery dies can easily remove :P Helmet fits alot nicer then

Comment

Arrggh that webbing!

That needs sorting out mate.

Your webbing shouldnt be on your front with PLCE, cos if you go prone you cant use it. You need proper mag pouch to the front. Everything should be pushed as far round to the hips as it will go. Ideally you want a mag pouch on each hip and at least two utility pouches and a water bottle pouch on the rear if you want a realistic looking set up.

when i soldiered with PLCE i used to have the mag pouch well back on my hip, two untiltiy pouches, a water bottle pouch acting as a first aid and cleaning kit pouch and i used my spade carrier pouch to carry my water bottle, didnt leave much room on my belt so my bayonet went over the utility pouches. I appreciate it's only for airsofting so you're not too fussed about accuracy so using utility pouche for your ammo is reasonable but get them off your front or they will be useless to you if you're pinned down in a game.

Personally I'd lose the head cam and probably the ressie. You'll find the ressie will just reduce your peripheral vision, make it harder to breath and make it harder for people on your team to understand you. If you're not doing a themed loadout you may as well break your ankle before a game, it s a cheaper way of handicapping yourself. Likewise ressies are very very rarely worn without an NBC suit as it's only going to help against cs or smoke.. again not an issue in airsoft but looks odd with C95.

I think if you sort your webbing out and just wore your C95s with the Mk6 lid with no camera it would look loads better.

Comment

Wasn't Romeo 1 just the resi? Romeo 2 was full NBC with hood down and Romeo 3 was hood up? Been a long time!

My webbing was from left to right: three mag pouches, water bottle pouch, resi pouch (which could double as a dump pouch for airsoft?) and another utility pouch on the right hip. If you can get an L85 multi tool, tie it to one of your button holes with paracord and chuck it in a pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Gadge Europa View Post
                  Arrggh that webbing!

That needs sorting out mate.

Your webbing shouldn't be on your front with PLCE, cos if you go prone you cant use it. You need proper mag pouch to the front. Everything should be pushed as far round to the hips as it will go. Ideally you want a mag pouch on each hip and at least two utility pouches and a water bottle pouch on the rear if you want a realistic looking set up.

when i soldiered with PLCE i used to have the mag pouch well back on my hip, two untiltiy pouches, a water bottle pouch acting as a first aid and cleaning kit pouch and i used my spade carrier pouch to carry my water bottle, didnt leave much room on my belt so my bayonet went over the utility pouches. I appreciate it's only for airsofting so you're not too fussed about accuracy so using utility pouche for your ammo is reasonable but get them off your front or they will be useless to you if you're pinned down in a game.

Personally I'd lose the head cam and probably the ressie. You'll find the ressie will just reduce your peripheral vision, make it harder to breath and make it harder for people on your team to understand you. If you're not doing a themed loadout you may as well break your ankle before a game, it s a cheaper way of handicapping yourself. Likewise ressies are very very rarely worn without an NBC suit as it's only going to help against cs or smoke.. again not an issue in airsoft but looks odd with C95.

I think if you sort your webbing out and just wore your C95s with the Mk6 lid with no camera it would look loads better.
                  I know the webbing is a mess >.> And the cam is a maybe thing (Tempted to do some airsoft vids) And the ressie isn't really a issue so far and i just like to use it rather then a plain black or something airsoft mask :L

Comment

Have you skirmished in that respirator? As in, a full day's play?

Mine has meshed lenses and a fan in the canister, still hot as hell and a bugger to play in. I hardly ever use it, unless I'm in black kit (and I hardly ever play in that).

Comment

Originally posted by biscuitninja View Post
                      Have you skirmished in that respirator? As in, a full day's play?

Mine has meshed lenses and a fan in the canister, still hot as hell and a bugger to play in. I hardly ever use it, unless I'm in black kit (and I hardly ever play in that).
                      Not a full day, Most I've worn it with the gear you see in the picture (Minus the camera) Was around 3hrs with my cousins at some private land they own

EDIT: Also want to point out my games are going to be at night so heat it less of a issue (Site runs from 7pm till 10pm)

Comment

You still get hot at night... It's not the outside temperature, its your face getting hot as you run around and the seal of the mask trapping that heat. I found it like a furnace, but then I'm a sweaty bugger.

If you're playing at night, its honestly going to be even more of a nightmare than during the day IMO. Also, your peripheral vision matters even more in the dark, helps you to see more (especially movements) - the gas mask will make that an awfully hard thing to do.

You'd be better off with regular Goggles/Glasses + a half mesh/recon wrap to be perfectly honest, but each to their own

Comment

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by biscuitninja View Post
                            You still get hot at night... It's not the outside temperature, its your face getting hot as you run around and the seal of the mask trapping that heat. I found it like a furnace, but then I'm a sweaty bugger.

If you're playing at night, its honestly going to be even more of a nightmare than during the day IMO. Also, your peripheral vision matters even more in the dark, helps you to see more (especially movements) - the gas mask will make that an awfully hard thing to do.

You'd be better off with regular Goggles/Glasses + a half mesh/recon wrap to be perfectly honest, but each to their own
                            Huh..Didn't think about that..Well if it really does become a pain in the ass i'll chuck the S10 to the side and maybe make a SAS setup with it just for show or something later on and just use goggles/mesh with the DPM :P + Cheers for all the feedback that you guys have left on this thread

Comment

Not a problem. Not trying to rain on your parade.. just want to make sure you dont turn up to an event with only that for eyepro and have a rubbish day.

The headcam looks really out of place and if i'm honest 99 per cent of headcamvideo is just dull to watch, jerks about all over the place.

Ritchie, without digging 'survive to fight' out (and it's legendary 'drill 17') I can't remember off hand but i do remember 'romeo' on a dress state just meant adding the ressie.

I think the states were 'no suit' 'suit worn but not zipped up' 'zipped up hood down' and 'zipped up hood up' which i think you're right they were 1, 2, 3 and 4? Or maybe 0, 1, 2 & 3? Anyway it was all a bit wishful thinking as I seen to recall a mate in the Joint NBC reg near warminster telling me they got guys fully suited up and bombarded them with orange dye/paint to see if any got in (to simulate a 'thickened blood' attack) and pretty much *everyone* got some on them, if not during the attack then while trying to do suit change and decontamination drills. Could just be army folklore but most people i knew gave NBC lip service as if it came to it you were doomed anyway. The manual was called 'survive to FIGHT' (as opposed to survive) as the main idea was that our suits lasted longer than the soviet ones so you just hung in there until they couldnt go on any further. I don't think the MOD expected anyone to really survive a full on NBC battlefield.

Back to 'gaming in ressies' though, if its part of 'your look' go for it fella, it's all about 'playing army' and having fun your way. As long as you're safe give it a go but I reckon you'll go off the idea soon enough

Comment

Originally posted by Gadge Europa View Post
                                Not a problem. Not trying to rain on your parade.. just want to make sure you dont turn up to an event with only that for eyepro and have a rubbish day.
                                The headcam looks really out of place and if i'm honest 99 per cent of headcamvideo is just dull to watch, jerks about all over the place.
                                Back to 'gaming in ressies' though, if its part of 'your look' go for it fella, it's all about 'playing army' and having fun your way. As long as you're safe give it a go but I reckon you'll go off the idea soon enough
                                Eh i thought i would try and if it turns out to be crappy footage the camera was pretty cheap :P And we'll see ^^

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DatJames Find out more about DatJames
                                Working...
                                X