WWII Glider Troops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWII Glider Troops

My friend Rob Fenn and I in our WWII kit. Uniforms are repro, all field kit original.

We're not 'airsofting' but we do wear this for WWII games so no eye pro on here as it was a WWII living history event.

pbi12.jpg

Re: WWII Glider Troops

Nicely done.
    One of my regiment's ancestral units, the Ox and Bucks LI, were on Pegasus Bridge alongside the Glider Pilot Regiment.

The photographer's head needs cropping out though.

Comment

I used to be in the staffordshire regiment so we portray the 2nd battalion south staffords who glider dropped into both Sicily (first allied troops to properly invade axis soil) and Arnhem (2 VCs won).

- - - Updated - - -

I used to be in the staffordshire regiment so we portray the 2nd battalion south staffords who glider dropped into both Sicily (first allied troops to properly invade axis soil) and Arnhem (2 VCs won).

The shadow might well one of the other guys in the group, there were five of us doing a shoot that day. Here's some more pics of us re-enacting signalling with hi vis scarves for RAF resupply and opening up the canister.
      pbi13.jpgpbi14.jpgpbi15.jpgpbi16.jpg

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Looking at these pics again it's staggering quite how effective one of the worlds *first* mass produced camo patterns is in european woodland.

Given the denison smock was made around 1941/42 it's pretty bloody good.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gadge Europa Find out more about Gadge Europa
          Working...
          X