Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beret's

Originally posted by Gadge Europa View Post
    I always thought cadet para berets were dark blue but with a para cap badge.

My friend was a cadet para at charterhouse school CCF and they had dark blue berets but with para insig.

Usually cadet berets are different from the usual thing , IIRC when i used to be an AI for the QRL they had to wear a red patch behind the 'or glory' motto to stop them being mistaken for serving soldiers.
    we wear the red patch behind the motto anyway not just cadets this is to signify the 16th/5th lancers as otherwise it just looks like the 17th/21st still
    After cheap project guns and various bits of kit

Comment

Originally posted by Gadge Europa View Post
      Not really.

1944, you could be in the int corp, be assigned to glider landing in 1st or 6th Div and get a red beret with pretty much no additional training, no Pcoy , no jumps needed.

2014 you could be in a int corp unit of some sort, be assigned to 16AA and get a red beret with no additional training, no pcoy, no jumps needed.

I use Int corp as an example of the top of my head but it could easily be any non 'teeth' arm that doesnt require heli assault or jump training... like pay corps...
      All 16AA Bde wear maroon beret's less the AAC units who retain the sky blue beret with a "pissed pigeon" as a cap badge.

Comment

Right what's the best way to shape a beret and is it a M.P beret for UNIT? Or is there another red beret I am missing

Comment

Best way to shape is first cut the cruddy lining out. Then soak the beret in lukewarm water, slap it on your head, and form the shape you want. Once you have the shape, carefully remove it and place it on something head-shaped. Better yet, just wear it until it's dry, that's what we used to do.

Yup, that's my handsome mug many years ago.

Comment

400px-Royalmarinescommando.jpg

Thats a pretty striking resemblance Ritchie, you have to admit!

Comment

Pmsl! It was just one of those days!

Comment

I think along the lines of berets (and this is coming from someone one who do wear them in airsoft and out of it) if you're want to wear one and you're worried about upsetting people, do a older load out or a made up one
                Santa *creepy kiss* xXx

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

punkrockguy Find out more about punkrockguy
                Working...
                X