New issue kit (well, new to some)....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New issue kit (well, new to some)....

As I promised in my introduction that nobody read (and quite right too), just thought I'd post some really poor pictures of some of the latest MTP kit on issue. Ironically, a lot of it is just old kit but now in MTP.
    IMG_2244.jpg

The usual Mk4A Osprey, but with the new Patrol Collar which makes it the 4A (along with the side plate holders instead of the cummerbund on the MK4).

IMG_2246.jpg

From the back.

IMG_2247.jpg

ECBA but with the MTP cover.

IMG_2250.jpg

Latest issue UBACS in full MTP.

IMG_2252.jpg

MTP PLCE (not assembled yet). You probably can't tell, but there's an issue hip pad too. Note the new belt buckle which is, wait for it, slightly different to the old black one.

IMG_2248.jpg

MTP Field Pack Air Support Back. I've got the MTP rocket pouches too (not shown). They're just like the DPM rocket pouches in case anyone is wondering. But in MTP.

IMG_2249 - Copy.jpg

Latest issue DCC daysack which replaces the 45L infantry Bergen by Karrimor. And has a lot to thank Camelbak and their Motherlode for.

So here ends my first real post. I'm sure you've seen it all before and I'm way behind the times and not half as clever as I think I am. No doubt I've broken lots of forum rules on posting inadvertently, and countless basic photography principles too. Sorry.

Re: New issue kit (well, new to some)....

Cheers for that fella.
    Nice to see some decent looking gear being issued
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
    George Carlin

Comment

Cheers for the pics fella.
      Firstly, What is that attached to the back of the Osprey? is it some new type of hydro pouch?
      And secondly I've notice that you have used the buckle parts to attach to the ops panel, I've also seen them do that in afghan. Why is that?

Comment

The pouch is an Osprey lite pouch from JayJays of Brecon. It's kind of rocket pouch size (a bit deeper than a hydration pouch) but has vents in the lid for aerials or drinking tubes. Folds nice and flat against the back so you can wear a daysack over it when it's folded up no bother. Obviously, not practical for using to carry anything other than water and comms on a daily basis- because you have to take your osprey off to get at anything, or constantly annoy your mates (which I enjoy doing anyway) getting them to retrieve stuff from it. But it's a nice option to have.

I put the buckle attachments on the ops panel (a) that's what the nice little pamphlet that came with it said to do (it had pictures and everything), (b) I'll get shouted at if I don't, and (c) it's what everybody else is doing- and I count all the cool kids in that too.

I suppose it makes it more secure in the event of an IED strike, but I haven't really given it much thought. Personally, if it was down to me I'd be wearing flip flops, Bermuda shorts and drinking a piņa colada on tour. Which is probably why it isn't.

Comment

is that picture of the UBAC from the back? That just looks like a plain combat shirt to me :S

Comment

No chest pockets, and a zip at the neck? Nope, it's definitely a UBACS. From the front. I could model it for you but I'm exceptionally ugly. I'd probably fall foul of the obscene publications act or something if I tried.

Comment

oh yeah! so it is! How come it isnt like the standard plain chest then?

Comment

I suspect (and this is a wild stab- not as in TA- in the dark) is so that they would be more acceptable as an outer layer of clothing to the shouty people with sticks. Which just goes to show how little understanding the people who design the clothing have about how the minds of the shouty stick people work. Hence the big shirts in/out, sleeves up down comedy debacle.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Vashtar Find out more about Vashtar
                Working...
                X