Sterling SMG Loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sterling SMG Loadout

Yeah much as i love my cold wae brit kit if i get a striling its getting turned into an E11 with a converted mauser c96 as sidearm to go with this kit of mine...

Comment

a more *classic* sterling loadout here however.

mid 1980s British infantry

and late 1960s British Infantry

Comment

Gadge you are a real life Mr Ben.

Comment

My job innit....

I've got a portion of my house as my office and kit store room as i largely work for Airsoft Action from home. I never sell any kit unless I have to as you can guarantee the day you sell something you'll need it the next day for a photoshoot.

After doing wwii columns and running wwii game sfor about five years i pretty much accumulated everything except japanese wwii uniforms, likewise having done cold war warriors for four year almost i've got half of NATO in my spare room... the good thing is its all tax deductable

- - - Updated - - -

The TIE kit though.. thats just for fun for haloween this year!

Comment

So my plan to use my sterling as an automatic backup to my wood VSR has been complicated, due to the b*stard weighing alot more than i expected! It does feel beautiful though. The WE 1200 MAH PEQ lipo i picked up fits perfectly, and pushes put a realistic rate of fire

Comment

Got mine on friday and used it for a weekend event with Gunman. Straight out the box it was and is the muts nuts, it's a hefty bugger for a small gun but solid even the folding stock closed or open feels meaty with no wobbles (pugwash my stock retaining hook is metal?). I had a little play with real deac one at Chatham Militaria show a couple of weeks ago and the airsift one seems to weigh about the same and the functions the same, folding stock etc. The range was great on .25 excel bb's and i uesd a lipo 7.4v 800 mah battety, it gave me a good rate of fire and lasted me the day on saturday which was about 800-900rds mostly on semi, I just gave it a quick charge last night to make sure it didn't die in game. I bought 6 extra mags for it and all fed fine. On the mag pouch issue, discussed earlier, i could get 4 in a single 58 webbing ammo pouch. I'll try and get some pictures up tomorrow.

Comment

I got the magnet on it and the catch is steel so that makes me a Div!

Sterling.jpg

I love the thing but I wont be trying it out until the 23rd (damn this shift pattern!)
                It’s now part of my African bush loadout just need some sunshine!
                In the picture is an Aussie SMG pouch but I’ll try my 58 pattern drop ammo pouch
                or I’ve got some 44 pattern MT ammo pouches that are rather Gucci.

Comment

Lol, i did it the really stupid way. I tapped it on my teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian IWG View Post
                    Lol, i did it the really stupid way. I tapped it on my teeth.
                    Thats pretty much my standard way too.. either that or brushing my top lip against it.. no idea why but more times than not I can tell through that!

Comment

It's strange how that works lol.

Comment

How is wveryone's FPS out of the box? Is it far off of the quoted 370?

Comment

I had averge over 5 shoots 358. It came down to an average 350 after 7 mags through it.
                          Last edited by Ian IWG; 3 November, 2014, 18:42.

Comment

Thanks Ian, i'll bop an m100 in before i hit the mall this month!

Comment

No worries, I think it may have a quick change spring system, I was looking over it again today, when you look down the back of the receiver there is a big screw head right in the middle of the gear box. I dont know for sure but could be worth a look.

Comment

Some pictures

Folded stock

The only part that rubbed after a very hard weekend of airsoft with all weather,bar snow.

The rear receiver end for battery instal. There is a spring behind the plate in the cap to keep the cap under tension in it's retaining groves, I may change it to a sronger one at some point, but it is fine, just a personal choice.

Stock extended, zero wobble when looked into palce.

BB end of mag, this is the only bit of the whole thing that I would say was a tiny tiny niggle for me. The mag spring retainer, right of mag end, is just a quarter turn screw and is to easy to turn, could easily come off in a pouch I thought, but a bit of thread lock has sorted that though.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

pugwash Find out more about pugwash
                                Working...
                                X