ICS L85A2 Mid Cap Mags & battery advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS L85A2 Mid Cap Mags & battery advice

I've done several searches accross the internet and this forum but haven't managed to get a definitive answer.

I know the gun comes with 2 high cap mags but I like low/mid caps.

Does anybody have any experience with these in their ICS L85A2? I've read certain mags won't fit. Ideally I would like metal mags but the poly EMAGs look quite cool as well.

I currently have a TM AK47 with 10 x 70 round lowcap mags but for the L85 would prefer to have 5 or 6 120-ish mags.

Also different sites conflict with what type of battery will fit. Is it a small or large tamiya connector and will standard batteries fit or is it mini's only or butterfly batteries? I'm only wanting to fit an 8.4V.

I currently use a 2200MaH 9.6V stick in the AK and that lasts me the day but I don't want to void the warranty on the ICS so not going to opt for a 9.6 or a LiPo or LiFe.

To sum up what low/mid cap mags work? Brand & capacity please. and what battery shape and connection do you use without modification?

Many thanks.

Re: ICS L85A2 Mid Cap Mags & battery advice

I Have seen plenty of people using EMags and definitely do look good in this gun, I have G&G mid caps for mine and they fit perfectly although I prefer to use lonex flash Mags which again feed perfectly. As for the battery compartment I use a pretty hefty 11.1 volt lipo in mine which is about 120x25x30 cm and it fits with plenty of room to spare, I would say any 8.4 nunchuck style battery would fit without any problems. I am not sure on the battery connector but I think they use mini tamiya although mine has been wired to use deans connectors which are far better anyway. hope that helps

Comment

ICS l85s are great guns. I have owned one for a long time and I use 7.4 kong power lipos and I run emags, pmags and the standard metal stanag mags.

Comment

In mine, I've got a huge 9.6v 4600mAh ni-mh battery. Fits snug, and lasts forever.

Comment

Classic army 120 mid caps will fit fine and ICS have started making 180 mid caps now

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jimmy1 Find out more about Jimmy1
          Working...
          X