X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gulf War 1 SAS

Originally posted by Terry Mcann View Post
    Very Nice
    Cheers terry. After all the chat on the Oman thread I seem to have discovered a liking of Old Skool Brit Kit. You can keep Multicam, MOLLE, modern stuff...Pattern 58 and DPM all the way!!!!!
    sigpic

AK47 Custom Operator Weapon / Sig Sauer P228 9mm

Comment

Originally posted by Hellfish View Post
      Cheers terry. After all the chat on the Oman thread I seem to have discovered a liking of Old Skool Brit Kit. You can keep Multicam, MOLLE, modern stuff...Pattern 58 and DPM all the way!!!!!
      Couldnt agree more,anything after 1991 doesnt interest me

Comment

Aye post 1991 stuff is all a bit walty for me. I've no interest *personally* in replicating a unit i could actually have been in.

I've seen 58 pattern on sas lads in the gulf, i've even seen one pic of a guy with an SLR for the range of it.l

Vehicles were painted pink because it was found they blended in better at a distance but personal kit was painted sand/cream. When i was a Stafford in the mid 90s some of the PLCE i was issued had cream paint plastere all over it as it must have been old GW1 stock. I think even regular army units block painted OD kit cream.

As for the windproofs. The 1943 pattern 'windproof suit' (made in sand, white, stone, green and 'denison' patterns) has been a stores item since, well 1943.

It was part of the 1943 Cold Weather issue and on issue from the winter of that year. The 'denison' brushstroke variants saw service in the SBS and SAS throughout the 70s (seen a lot in Oman) and were commonly modified by having a full zip sewn in.

Most of them however were sold post war to the French Foreign Legion... they were worn at Dien Ben Phu with US webbing.

Comment

Comment

I've also seen 'regiment' types wearing these in the mid 80s when doing routine training so I find it a bit surprising that the B20 lads found it 'incredible' to be issued WW2 smocks, they have *always* been seen as a bit cool in UKSF circles. I've even got pics of the training team on 80s selection (which is when the B20 lads would have done their selection) wearing the WWII windproof suit.

Comment

Some of my Gulf War kit

Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Comment

Very nice.
                When are you going to give me the Bergan? :D :p
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Great collection there,very jealous of the assault vest!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                    Very nice.
                    When are you going to give me the Bergan? :D :p
                    Are you looking for a bergen?

If so,have a couple spare.

Comment

Which ones have you got bud?
                      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Have 2 spare OG ones,original issue not Highlander etc rubbish.

Not sure if Long or Short back or if they have the side pockets,will have to double check.

Comment

Nice, side pockets aren't an issue as I have a hoard of them somewhere.

Comment

Cheers lads, im hoping to do some Gulf War impression pics next year at some point when i pick up a few more things.

Aye, ive always had a bit of a soft spot for those old vests...

I know the provenance of that one on the left, its Gulf War issue. Someone has removed most of paint at some point though. Its dated 1982 & made by CQC. The one in the middle is brand new unissued made by MECO dated 1980. & the one on the right is another CQC one dated 1982 as well.
                            Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Comment

Shall hopefully have some outdoorsy phots next week, trialling the loadout on Sunday, dirty down the smock through usage.
                              Shame it's a woodland site lol.

Comment

Have a 1989 dated Long Back one,VG used condition,no side pockets for £20+postage if of any use.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

horrorfin Find out more about horrorfin
                                Working...
                                X