Falkland’s sniper load-out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falkland’s sniper load-out

Hi guys I’m planning on doing a British sniper load-out from the Falklands conflict, I was just wondering if a sniper would carry the basic infantry kit such as 58 pattern webbing and would they be using the lee Enfield or the l96 witch would have just been coming into service according to wikipedia.

Re: Falkland’s sniper load-out

parker hale l42a1
    if i remember correctally, ill have a chat with my mate he was a instructor on the parker hale
    trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

They would have used the L42

Comment

It would have been the Enfield L39A1/"Enforcer" L42A1 or the Parker Hale M82. Posibly the odd No4 with a scope kicking about too.

Comment

I have a nice dpm sniper smock of that period if interested-not the std issue sniper smock but a proffesionally unit converted para smock.

Comment

cheers for the help guys

Comment

http://img174.imageshack.us/i/francotiradoreslj5.jpg/

Comment

i've seen scoped up SLR's from that era, would they have used those maybe...
                K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

My dads platoon he commanded used SLRs with Image intensifiers, and that was for use on Mount Tumbledown (during the night)

Heres i think the Platoon DM, and another picture is them on the top cheering,
                  Good luck with the impression

Comment

MK4's were never used in the Falklands. In fact it was last used in the early 60's. The L42 was the main sniper rifle in the Falklands along with a few NV scoped SLR's. Lots of SUIT scopes were used but these weren't sniper scopes. No L96's were used in the conflict. They were only entering trials in 1982.

So you have a choice of a Shoot N Scoot L42 with a no32 Mk3 scope (good luck finding one of those), or a KA or ARES SLR, with either a No32 Mk3 scope, Suit Sight, or a Starlight NV scope.

Any of those scopes in good nick will hit you for at least £200 for a SUIT or £500-£600 for a starlight or No32
                    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

You could try customizing a No 4 rifle. Take off half the front (but leave the barrel)

Comment

well ive already got the ka slr so looks like i need to get SUIT scope

Comment

Here is a pic I took of my SLR in 1984, maybe of interest to some

Comment

Originally posted by beltsof200 View Post
                            Here is a pic I took of my SLR in 1984, maybe of interest to some
                            love the man pack clansman there mate ive actualy still got one ha ha shoosh its a secret.....
                            Made a note in my diary on the way here. Simply reads..."Bugger"

Comment

Originally posted by kommissarboris View Post
                              i've seen scoped up SLR's from that era, would they have used those maybe...
                              Yep, heres my loadout complete with marksmans SLR, 58 patt webbing and 68 patt para smock and trousers.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cal12 27 year old in Cheshire, been airsofting for around 12 years now Find out more about cal12
                              Working...
                              X