british sniper load out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: british sniper load out.

I have set up a Afghanistan esq sniper set up, the pouches on the Osprey are usually a medium verticle utility pouch on the right hand side of the vest but i had it set up for a skirmish the next day.

Also i usually have the L96 with some desert cammo tape but i was in the middle of an upgrade so i removed it.

I based it on the picture alongside.

Tell me what you think.
    Thank You Topper You Have Given Me The Power To Kill Again!

I Got A Reason To Live!

Comment

get some gloves , net the helmet and change the osprey pouches for some warrior or similar and it would look much better

Comment

A very nice loadout buddy, looks grreat.

Just curious as to what type of site you play at, not sure if thats effective camouflage for u.k woodland :D

Comment

Get some sniper tape on the rifle, will make a big difference for little cost and you can then either weather it or let it naturally pick up dirt as you use in without wrecking it with paint.

Check my VSR in my album as had it desert before finished it in green.

Tan baseball used to be the in thing too, but now its 100% helmets all the time.
          Originally posted by Bluegill
          5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Originally posted by TheCustardChucker View Post
            A very nice loadout buddy, looks grreat.

Just curious as to what type of site you play at, not sure if thats effective camouflage for u.k woodland :D
            DDPM is strangly effective in the woods. In winter the dead leafs on the ground help you blend in and in the summer the sun shine between the leafs helps you blend in too.

Airsoft Social - Founder

Comment

One Shot - As per the sniper tape i have some sorted its just not on the gun as i was installing some upgrades and had to remove it to bring the two parts of the reciever apart.

Murta - I have the gloves ordered and a warrior utility pouch in the post too, just hoping it will come before Christmas!

Im on the Isle of Wight and so my local sight is woodland and for there i usually use a mix of DDPM and DPM (something like the picture attached). But this load out is mainly for Mil-Sim events, hence the day sack.

I Got A Reason To Live!

Comment

Just some examples of rifle cam from my weapons collection, they have a base of green Recce tape and have a disruptive paint pattern on top, they work really well in temperate conditions

Comment

as for webbing or load carrying, an old trick is to wear chest webbing back to front when you are stalking or cut off the pockets of your combat jacket and sew them on the back at kidney level, and use that for load carrying, you shouldnt be carrying to much kit as a sniper anyway

Comment

Yer i mean i would usually just have a warrior verticle utility pouch for mags, ammo and basic utility gear, i only have the M4 pouches as i had a skirmish recently and had the pouches on from that. Also some of the events i go to require patrolling with full pack to establish OP's, hides and the like.

But when i snipe from a fixed position then its right down to the vest at the most and if we are in a FOB then sometimes just my UBACS.

Any suggestions on scrim for the helmet? Is it worth doing the two layers, as per the para in my pic?

I Got A Reason To Live!

Comment

Yeah, get some netting on, and if you weren't aware already it's a ring of landrover inner tube that's used to secure it in place.

If your going for the current afghan look, your pretty much there, or as close as you can be. The daysack I'd now very much an integral part, got are the days of packing everything into your webbing. Slim line on the body armour majority in the daysack.
                      Originally posted by Bluegill
                      5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

This is my L96 taped up and my MK.6 with scrim. The tapes the ex-mil stuff and so is not quite as shiny as in the photo, just got some glare from my camera's flash.

I Got A Reason To Live!

Comment

Got some genuine issue webbing but it's a bit old, no faults mind you. OD, and the pouches are on the hips so you can lie down.
                          Blackhawk trademarked accessories
                          http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=83032
                          PS3 GAMES!! http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...039#post593039
                          Loads of PSP games! http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=85971

Comment

Originally posted by oneshot187 View Post
                            Yeah, get some netting on, and if you weren't aware already it's a ring of landrover inner tube that's used to secure it in place.

If your going for the current afghan look, your pretty much there, or as close as you can be. The daysack I'd now very much an integral part, got are the days of packing everything into your webbing. Slim line on the body armour majority in the daysack.
                            We used old NBC boots, though the old green tape is common too.
                            Surely you must have a massive head if you use a land rover wheel inner tube!!!
                            sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

he will mean as in the inside of it not the actual whole innertube lol
                              It's not about you dying for your country...
                              Its about making your enemies die for theres

Comment

Originally posted by sandbagfiller View Post
                                he will mean as in the inside of it not the actual whole innertube lol
                                Yeah but the image was funny!
                                sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Vann8998 Find out more about Vann8998
                                Working...
                                X