Basra Op Telic 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basra Op Telic 2008

Got lots of pics from my time in Iraq between 2005 and 2008, could be handy for someone but I doubt its a very popular loadout!
    Here's one anyway just before boarding a Merlin in 2008 at Basra Air Station, L85A2's with SUSAT and Osprey body armour.
    G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Re: Basra Op Telic 2008

OOh, can I play?

Telic 10 2007, the summer of love.
    Me and the boys in the palace, about ready to go kill the shit out of some insurgents.
    4 Rifles battlegroup accounted for 300 confirmed enemy dead in the first 3 months alone.

What unit you in dude?

Darkchild

Comment

Was RAF mate, left last year. Was there Telic 10 in summer 2007 for a few months too, that was mental, rocket dodging...... was a bit quieter in 2008!
      G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

Yeah tell me about it! I think we averaged about 50 mortar attacks a day in the palace.

Never went back thankfully.

Darkchild

Comment

Yeah palace was the worst place to be we heard, only dropped in there a couple of times when going up to the FOBs

Comment

Post away chaps, post away

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=63303
            Originally posted by The Laughing Man
            Millzy I honestly only just noticed that your avatar blinks. I thought I was having a hallucination for a second..

Anyway. Boobs.

Comment

Few more....

Comment

Bugger I posted those in the wrong thread..... I'm no good at this forum lark....

Comment

I was on 4, what a sh*thole !!! but at least we got some interesting jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Reputation View Post
                    I was on 4, what a sh*thole !!! but at least we got some interesting jobs.
                    I was on 4 also Bad and could'nt agree with u more lol

The Impossible i can do, Miracles take slightly longer .
                    But all problems are solved with a brew and a fag.

Comment

Woohoo, swing the lamp and pull up a sand bag!

Op Telic - (no numbers) With 2 RTR. Aside from the loss of a comrade - and you may thank his wife Sarah for your new Osprey - it was the easiest live fire exercise i ever did!

Telic 10 - more IDF in 3 weeks than Telic 4 all in... up until then Telic 4 was the "The one". Was with 1 RHA keeping the AS90s operational on the gunline at the COB.

Comment

Telic 2 until the end in July 2009 (yes I'm a damn civvie)

COB, The Shaat, Palace, Al Amarah, Baath Party HQ, Bagdad and a few more I called home. 5600 rockets fired at me (so the GEOS boys told me anyway) and only blown up 4 times.

This is what happens to your accommodation when a 122mm rocket lands 6 meters from you!
                        Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

Damnd work computer and it's security settings....

Can't see or upload photos.

My old accomodation/FOB was an old Baath Party sports centre - we had a pool out the back which we filled with water from the Shaat. " weeks later we had to empty it as up stream there was a mass wet grave discovered and the water tested positive for Mustard and other chemicals - MEGA!

Got it filled in the end though. Off of patrol, stag, Op or whatever... quick solar douche and then water volley ball before a trip round the markets, no CBA, soft hats and slung rifles.

Like i said - easiest live fire exercise i ever did.

Comment

RAF reg or Guin?

Comment

???? who you asking the question to?

If me, i am Army - I only get to see rock apes at the zoo! (apart from the one who managed to roll a WIMIK on a level, straight and tarmac'd road, flinging his passengers clear and breaking his own femur... his "mating" call was painful to listen to as we freed him from the wreckage.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mike581 Ex Forces Find out more about Mike581
                              Working...
                              X