Royal Marine Mountain & Arctic Warfare Cadre, Falklands 1982

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Marine Mountain & Arctic Warfare Cadre, Falklands 1982

just a few off the cuff shots trying out new kit, would like to have done it at a better location..just imagine im searching houses for the last few Argies in Stanley!!!!!
    Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Re: Royal Marine Mountain & Arctic Warfare Cadre, Falklands 1982

very nice i like it
    It's not about you dying for your country...
    Its about making your enemies die for theres

Comment

cheers mate. a friend said i look more like a crap hat para recruit from the 80s tv documentary 'The Paras'!!!! Alls i need is an SLR & i guess he's right! since i havent been able to enlarge the photos yet either, ill settle for being a crap hat!:D heres a couple more
      Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Comment

ive just rearranged my 58 webbing, got 7 waterbottles pouches, left and right ammo pouch and poncho roll on it now instead of the kidney pouches. i need to get some more mags for my slr though as all but one have broken on mine but thats for the future because £20 a mag is quite steep for a mid cap i thought lol

Comment

Yeah mine is arranged just as standard mate. ive seen images of paras in the falklands with lots of water bottle pouches on their 58 webbing. ive also seen them in NI with a mixture of 58/44 pattern, with 44 pattern water bottle pouches on them aswell. the poncho roll can also be put on top of the kidney pouches..or just taken off altogether. Just a matter of personal or unit choice i guess. got any snaps of yourself mate? I havent got the 58 pattern pack yet, but i do have the GS bergen and the SAS rucksack.

Comment

ive not got any pictures as of yet, maybe if i get round to it ill take some. ive got the large pack as it came with my webbing years ago when i was a cadet a full set cost me £15 from a surplus store, quite shocked as to some of the prices these days. my dad gave me one of the sas/para bergans with frame aswell when i started cadets i found it out the other month a great bit of kit. tryin to get my hands on a set of original trops as ive got some repros but they just dont look the same IMO, gonna go for a hong kong sorta look.

Comment

Cool, im more into Cold War british special forces myself in particular SAS/SBS. ive just recently completed my SAS 58 pattern webbing kits and have 2 of the 72 pattern vests (the one mcnab has in bravo 2 zero). the other SBS thread i have is a bit of a piss take. ill try and get some decent shots of the kit up soon. here are the vests. quite rare to be honest. Theyre not the silvermans ones!!!

Comment

ah yes i know the ones, i saw one on the bay the other day im not sure if its ended now but it was at a low price.
                my team do a few coldwar themed games now and again as all of us have alot of the old skool kit and to be honest you dont see much people into that from what ive seen.

Comment

must say that look does look very good, has my seal of approval lol, have a good book on the falklands with a good pic of one of the ML's that you would like, will try and get it up here tomorrow

Stuart

Comment

Still got my RM artic windproof trousers, still in A1 nick, built to last unlike combat 95.

I agree with Stu, looks bang on.

Comment

Cheers guys. Yeah theres something to be said about the British Cold War look, i think.

Comment

I was an army cadet back in 1983, and remember a visit to our unit by RM's who were themselves in transit back to the west country. They brought with them a load of current weapons for us to play with, slr, gimpy, L42 sniper rifle, 84mm carl gustaf, night vision sight about 3ft long! Also had a few FAL's brought back from the falklands. One guy said, that one year on he was still suffering from the after effects of trench foot from lying in a water filled slit trench for 8 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Dingle View Post
                          I was an army cadet back in 1983, and remember a visit to our unit by RM's who were themselves in transit back to the west country. They brought with them a load of current weapons for us to play with, slr, gimpy, L42 sniper rifle, 84mm carl gustaf, night vision sight about 3ft long! Also had a few FAL's brought back from the falklands. One guy said, that one year on he was still suffering from the after effects of trench foot from lying in a water filled slit trench for 8 days.

Yeah the DMS ankle boots didnt help out none too much to prevent trench foot either, in the Falklands! thats the ones i have in the photo. kind of hard to believe that the British were still using WW2 issue boots...in 1982! The Americans came on leaps and bounds in the Jungle boots (the best all round boots in the world in my opinion). The High leg DMS boots are by far better and more comfy, i find! Ah the L42, now i'd love that in airsoft..even if it does look like a bog standard air rifle!!

Comment

DMS wern't worn by the Cadre, they used privately purchase boots. If you are going for a Falklands look, alot of troops took the decent boots of dead Argys so a high leg would work.

Comment

Good quality hiking boots with gators was a well used for any type of marine unit.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Brandon 35 Years old been playing airsoft since i was 9- the days before AEGs were the norm. Find out more about Brandon
                              Working...
                              X