Osprey Plate dimensions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osprey Plate dimensions.

Guys I've googled and searched it but can't find what I'm looking for.

Can anyone provide me with the dimensions of the plates that will fit into my osprey vest. I'm not sure what version it is but it was bought from a popular auction site.

I'm looking to make some fake light weight ones so top width, bottom width, two side lengths and depth would be great or some photos with dimensions would be awesome.

Also if anyone is selling some let me know !!

Re: Osprey Plate dimensions.

Ah buddy , if you want my advice , I use card board in mine , cut it to size , and then stack it about 4 pieces think , after a game or two it'll mild to your body, plus it keeps it rigid , ads abit of weight and stability , having used the real think it works out quite well. Duno if that helps at all mate

Trac
    "Teamwork is best in combat, gives the enemy someone else to shoot at."

Comment

Or camping roll mat, use it in my Ricas.

Comment

Cheers guys, going to have a go today i think. I knew i could cut them sto shape but i was ondering if anyone had plates they could measure.

We'll see how we go now....

Comment

I have a mk2 osprey, do they plates go in the rectangle / square pouch on the front or in the velcro part front the inside ?

Comment

Ok, so finished my plates for a grand total ok £2 !

I began by getting my old roll mat out of the cupboard.

Next, i made a paper template.

I then transfered this template onto the roll mat.
            The blacked out bit isnt anything special just has my name on.

I made a few adjustments because it wasnt quite right and then cut it out.

I cut two out to make it think enough and began gaffa taping them together. Little strips along the edge to hold them in and then a total covering.

For the cost of the tape from the supermarket I cant fault it. Sorry for the size of the photos, cant workout how to resize them.

Let me know what you think !!:D

Comment

Osprey plates are not really that shape picture above shows the shape. As for dimension they are quite a snug fit in the carrier so just go off the pockets on it( the outside ones)
              It's not about you dying for your country...
              Its about making your enemies die for theres

Comment

Ah tody darts, I couldnt find that so had to go off general sapi plates. Never mind I've achieved my ultimate goal by stopping thefront panel flapping around. I made it so its quite a tight fit to keep it tight.

Comment

To be fair i dont think it matters if they are the exact shape as long as they fill the vest out niceley.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Monkey Find out more about Monkey
                  Working...
                  X