The Big Bad WWII Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Big Bad WWII Thread

My quote you've requoted is what General Horrocks said at the start of his briefing to XXX Corps for the armoured role in Market Garden.

As for women, a Bren would be unwieldy, but a Sten is another story. You only have to look at the stories of Violette Szabo, Odette Sansom, and the recently deceased Nancy Wake, all female operatives of SOE. Google these women, and get back to me. Courage is not gender specific.
    Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajd View Post
      Makes me want to get one in a way of honouring my Grandad, But it wouldn't really look right for a woman to be using a Bren... In fact did they even give female drivers and such pistols back then? Guess I can't really to an airsoft worthy WW2 loadout
      Don't let that stop you. Check out "Marsha" over on the UK WW2 Airsoft Forum - She does US Airborne, AND German - and she's black...

Comment

Originally posted by Ajd View Post
        I was never bored when my Grandad told me his war stories, the rest of my family got a bit shirty with him but I loved to hear about it. Unfortunately he's not longer really mentally capable of telling those stories.

Makes me want to get one in a way of honouring my Grandad, But it wouldn't really look right for a woman to be using a Bren... In fact did they even give female drivers and such pistols back then? Guess I can't really to an airsoft worthy WW2 loadout
        Yeah just as Hawke says we were quoting lines from the movie 'A Bridge Too Far' & not that anyones stories of any conflict are boring, my grandfather was in North Africa too btw!

Just following on from what has been said, dont let that put you off at all, if you like it just go for it. I know people go to extreme lenghts to get their look 'spot on' which is great, i myself fall under that spell alot, but when it comes to it we're only 'playing at soldiers' with bb guns, so unless its living history/re enactment, get the kit & get out there & have a Great time!
        Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
          Don't let that stop you. Check out "Marsha" over on the UK WW2 Airsoft Forum - She does US Airborne, AND German - and she's black...
          and she's TINY! Nice lass though..
          Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

i've just priced up a wwii brit kit (trousers, shirt, jacket and 37 webbing) at £300.

hmmm...

then i'd need a sten and mags.

think we're talking the guts of £500 for this, which would actually be cheaper than my german loadout tbh.

could be done.

boris
            K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

6th Battalion, Royal West Kent Regiment, part of the 78th Infantry division in Italy;

Comment

Nice conversion on the upper reciever!! Did you do it yourself?
                Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
                you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
                eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

Nope, all the work of an engineer I know. It started life as a solid lump of metal and was gutted out to accept the AEG lower.

Comment

WOW! In the first pic, it looks a bit like the side handle has been filled (must be the lighting) which would be impressive, but a scratch build? Now that is super impressive!!
                    Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
                    you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
                    eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

Ghost, IIRC, it started as a "Display receiver" from IMA.

Comment

Indeedi, this one to be precise;
                        http://www.ima-usa.com/thompson-m192...splay-gun.html

The marks you can see on the side of the receiver in the first picture must be the trademarks.

Comment

as far as an SMLE goes, I have just attached a dummy magazine to my vsr-11 in front of the trigger guard (similar to something in one of the photos in this thread). it serves as a cheap way to get that lee-Enfield look, without spending lots of valuable £££

Comment

to do a cheep an easy smle,pvc tube added to front of a vrs,cover that with stickyback vinyle wood effect and stick on a fake mag and sights.ive seen one like that and at 20 feet it was perfect and thats all you need to get started on a ww2 loadout.as mutch as i'd like everybody to share my love of ww2 events i'd still say the same to anybody starting out ,spend as little as you can untill you'r sure its what you enjoy.then spend all the rest of you'r money.

Comment

and another, this ones an m1 garand conversion on an m14

Comment

a few shots of my airborne commando loadout from the recent "corridor of death game"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

insanity prawn boy I'm dislexic and Scottish, it's a hell of a combination. Find out more about insanity prawn boy
                                Working...
                                X