Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RM Gear, plate carriers/chest rigs hat/helmets - MTP

Hi guys,

Just a quickie... what rigs would a RM in MTP be using around now?

Plate carrier and light weight options would be great.

Also I would not want to wear the helmet so what else would be suitable head-where (caps, boonies etc)

cheers

Re: RM Gear, plate carriers/chest rigs hat/helmets - MTP

Here's some piccys.

Comment

Its a combination of the older Ospreys and the new MTP ones. With a combination of MTP DDPM and WAS pouches.

Comment

TBH, by and large is it not just a combination of standard issue kit and a bit of "Gucci" added extras. Nothing particularly special.
        sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

It's upto the person, as some blokes would wear full issue or some blokes would buy there pouches and put them on! Osprey is getting better and the new one is going the way that lads like things to be! But with in the RM world if it doesn't look like a bag of ST, then it doesn't matter! Just make sure you look smart.

Comment

i am going for the mtp with ddpm osprey look with mine, any idea if the guys use any multicam pouches or stick to Osprey or WAS tan ones? As i HATE osprey pouches lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jester1988 View Post
              i am going for the mtp with ddpm osprey look with mine, any idea if the guys use any multicam pouches or stick to Osprey or WAS tan ones? As i HATE osprey pouches lol
              when i was out there i saw guys using, tan, green, black, acu, multicam, and loads of others, its just a case of what they buy to be honest. it doesnt have to be a particular brand or colour to be fair. have to agree with you though the DDPM osprey pouches are quite pump. the frag pouches are good but the rest are pretty gash IMO.
              It's not about you dying for your country...
              Its about making your enemies die for theres

Comment

I was only going by what I could identify on the rigs I have seen. A lot of pics form the last couple of years of WAS pouches on their kit. Not saying they don't use other stuff (that would be silly, use what you can get hold of is always the best option) but it did seem that WAS kit was very popular.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
                  I was only going by what I could identify on the rigs I have seen. A lot of pics form the last couple of years of WAS pouches on their kit. Not saying they don't use other stuff (that would be silly, use what you can get hold of is always the best option) but it did seem that WAS kit was very popular.
                  Yeh WAS is very popular stuff as its cheap and reliable. I myself used warrior pouches out there, there pretty used and abused now but still got plenty of life left in em
                  It's not about you dying for your country...
                  Its about making your enemies die for theres

Comment

please dont rip it apart lol but here is my start of an rm impression i am changing the vest for a Osprey DDPM one

Comment

my bro is RM out there now when he comes back im getting his new osprey should look nice if i get some ddpm kit to get the modern british look about me.
                      He Who Dares Wins!
                      ICS MP5 ( For Sale )
                      CA M15A4 + M203 UGL
                      Warrior L96 + Fully upgraded

War is a Drug...

Comment

since when did the royal marines start wearing multicam?
                        The Survivors airsoft team are now recruiting, go to our web page; http://thesurvivorsairsoftteam.webs.com/

Comment

its MTP not multicam and since the whole british army has been issued it

Comment

Jester i would take the red shermagh off, if your going to wear one then at least have it green one dude, as RM wouldn't have a red one on. Maybe try and get a mutlicam baseball cap as the mtp that are issue are crap. also all the straps need taping up and roll the sleeves up a little but other wise it looks good dude! dont mean to sound im ripping it apart but just trying to make it look more RM for you!

Comment

no worries mate i appreciate the advice i have dropped the ops vest and now wear ddpm osprey with all the pouches on my belt kit

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sniper34d Find out more about sniper34d
                              Working...
                              X