British Army in NI during operation Banner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: British Army in NI during operation Banner

I still have sachets of screech in my garage. I also have a secret stash of Biscuits, Fruit. All mine, so sod off.

- - - Updated - - -

This thread will now degenerate into a virtual British Legion. I'm going to put my blazer on, complete with blazer badge and hundreds of lapel badges, just like every ex National Serviceman wears.
    Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Degenerated .. Yes ... Sincere apologies to OP and others.

However, You could sell your biscuits fruit and buy a Systema with the proceeds !!!

I did have a few packets of screech but I used it all in the garden ... as rat poison !!!
      Ain't no trouble in this world that can't be solved by the generous application of gin.

Comment

A Systema? What, one of those guns that is horrifically expensive and breaks down if there's a Y in the month? And as I'm firmly "retrosoft" I'll stick to my chunky guns of my yoof, the type that didn't go wrong.

Talking of which, Gadge, that Sterling you've got.. you don't want it anymore really, do you?
        Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

If only it were mine mate. It belongs to Sandy in the group. dieselmonkey has been building a couple over the last year but he's unlikely to finish them this millenium as its one of about 3000 projects hes got on the go

We've a couple of de-acs in the group but only sandys in a firer.

Ah... screech... i was always amazed at how that actually did wake you up, i swear it was cut with speed.

Comment

hay lads im not looking to derail this thread but i was looking for information on the royal ulster constabulary and what types of handguns they issued officers in the 80's i know of the ruger revolvers and the ppk's but did they ever issue browing hi powers ? cheers lads

Comment

Can't say I ever saw an automatic pistol attached to an RUC constable.
              I did do some training with E4A and their armourer had cobbled together a couple of blank firing 9mm Brownings by putting a gas baffle in the barrel.
              But they were the only ones I remember seeing.
              So maybe that means some units had them once.

Back onto the screech ...
              Nearly as good as genolite for cleaning the gas parts !!!
              Ain't no trouble in this world that can't be solved by the generous application of gin.

Comment

Originally posted by the_antihero_99 View Post
                hay lads im not looking to derail this thread but i was looking for information on the royal ulster constabulary and what types of handguns they issued officers in the 80's i know of the ruger revolvers and the ppk's but did they ever issue browing hi powers ? cheers lads
                At the time Home Office regulations didn't allow any UK Police force to use weapons that were in current general military service, this change early 90's across UK as a whole when each constabulary evolved its armed response policy and better weapons were need.

Comment

Close Observation Platoon (COP) 70s

UKSF late 80s

14 Intelligence Company (aka The Det) late 80s

Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Comment

Woah! Hang about Rusty my ood son. I knew several lads from 14 Int and they were never that slim and they all had handlebar moustaches trying to emulate "THEM" pretty poorly if I'm honest.
                    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

haha I know of at least one slim 'Det' guy mate. Though im not method enough to go with the tache & perm sadly

Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Comment

I worked with a few in Aughnacloy, late 80s and early 90s. Decent lads, but massively inflated egos. Never saw them with anything but a Browning 9mm truth be told.
                        There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Nice mate, that reminds me I forgot the Browning picture. Yeah they used allsorts over the years, including HK53s & M16s too.

even the women got tooled up...

Comment

Originally posted by SBS Rusty View Post
                            haha I know of at least one slim 'Det' guy mate. Though im not method enough to go with the tache & perm sadly

Does anyone know a guy called paul hornsby, claimed to be Det in the early 80's. If anyone has any information on this bloke can you please email me at, [email protected] it would be appreciated most greatfully.

mark.

Comment

For interest a bit Necro is I put together this lot for a Militariadisplay here in South Africa

And Robert getting a frisk.

Comment

Been searching now for a good few years for a Cromwell Anti Riot Topper Helmet with no luck but have recently struck gold,only problem is I had to buy a job lot of 7 so will be keeping 1 maybe 2 for myself and the others can go if any use to anybody.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

M0WBY Born in 68 when the troubles in NI were just about to kick off! Find out more about M0WBY
                                Working...
                                X