british army load out - iraq/afganistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• british army load out - iraq/afganistan

anyone know what the army use to make this or where it i available other than the dpm
    Jon Fox

Google, other threads on here...
    Originally posted by Bluegill
    5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Re: british army load out - iraq/afganistan

I might be being stupid, but what is the question? Is 'this' refering to a loadout in general, or has a picture not loaded?

Comment

the standard issue british operation desert storm loadout (other than the sa80)
        Jon Fox

Comment

Originally posted by jonfox94 View Post
          the standard issue british operation desert storm loadout (other than the sa80)
          So a Gimmpy then as thats the only other weapon that was used really.

Comment

Do you mean Desert Storm (1990/91) or do you mean Op Telic (2003 +)?
            Just asking as you say Iraq / Afghan and we went into Afghan on Herrick in 2001.... So I assume we're talking 2000's?
            G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

Look, youre going to have to pick a specific op even to the year as a HELL of a lot of the kit has changed in the last 10 years...

Comment

Originally posted by oneshot187 View Post
                Look, youre going to have to pick a specific op even to the year as a HELL of a lot of the kit has changed in the last 10 years...
                Changed in the last ten years? Not only that, mine has all shrunk in my wardrobe. I haven't got fatter, honest.
                Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawke View Post
                  Changed in the last ten years? Not only that, mine has all shrunk in my wardrobe. I haven't got fatter, honest.
                  Glad Im not the only one to have fallen victim to the wardrobe monster!
                  Originally Posted by PureSilver
                  "Complaining that it's shit because it's more complicated and less reliable than an AEG is like complaining that sex is shit because it's much messier than masturbating into a sock."

Comment

All depends what you are after mate. This photo was taken in 2004 when we were taking a hill. My firing pin snapped so I ended up being ammo boy for 3 hours.

Standards British desert cam trousers and shirt. Far too hot for jackets, but maybe not in the UK.

MK 6 Kevlar helmet heavy and uncomfortable.
                    PLCE Blelt kit. 2 ammo pouches, 4 utility pouches, bayonet, and entreching tool pouch, Combat assault boots, and 5.56mm bandolier bags x 20 or 3000rnds.

Hope this helps.

Nick

It seems like such a terrible shame that innocent civilians have to get hurt in wars, otherwise combat would be such a wonderfully healthy way to rid the human race of unneeded trash.

Comment

thanks nick and i know about the mk6 helmet i was thinking of trying out the old style helmets with a dpm cover and im on about 2000's ops i got mixed up for the name sorry guys
                      Jon Fox

Comment

Jon,

not sure what you want looking at your posts.

OP desert Storm was Early 90's

You've asked for 2000 kit?

2001 was Iraq - the kit you see above is what the guys used.

Not alot changed between 2001 and 2004 when that photo was taken.

The photo provided is what you're after. Mk6 is the helmet that has been used for a few decades now, so it's not exactly the new one.

Comment

Originally posted by bravotwozero View Post
                          2001 was Iraq - the kit you see above is what the guys used.
                          2001 afghanistan

2003 iraq

2006 afghanistan but this time the helmand task force

Use army web for yr specific kit

Comment

I think what our haard rocking amigo is after is after is 2009-Present. Bear in mind though a the Army sells out to the lowest bidder, and time and time again we bought our own kit (referred to as Gucci). Truth is if you want to look like an American you may as well buy American Kit.

The best test of which load is best is lie down on your front as if you are waiting for the enemy. Now try and get a mag out. PLCE is best for combat MOLLE is for looking good.
                            It seems like such a terrible shame that innocent civilians have to get hurt in wars, otherwise combat would be such a wonderfully healthy way to rid the human race of unneeded trash.

Comment

thanks shark but i dont like the american "choc chip" kit i much prefer dpm as i feel it blends better
                              Jon Fox

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jonfox94 my name is jon im not new to thhe game only the pain :) Find out more about jonfox94
                              Working...
                              X