British Sniper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Sniper

So finally got me a Ghillie suit, and attached it to CS95 so it's on and off in seconds. I do have the trousers as well but I prefer the top half only for quick movement if ever needed.

I've added a L96 for the authenticity but have a KSC Auto 9 for those close encounters lol.

Enjoy!

Couldn't be bothered caming up the face

The hand Cannon
    It seems like such a terrible shame that innocent civilians have to get hurt in wars, otherwise combat would be such a wonderfully healthy way to rid the human race of unneeded trash.

Re: British Sniper

you need to bury that gillie in your garden for a while far too clean
    It's not about you dying for your country...
    Its about making your enemies die for theres

Comment

Yeah you aren't wrong there. I did have a roll about in the rain last night though.
      It seems like such a terrible shame that innocent civilians have to get hurt in wars, otherwise combat would be such a wonderfully healthy way to rid the human race of unneeded trash.

Comment

A bit of muck and cam cream on your gun as well. Sticks out like the testes of a bulldog. Remember, no straight lines in nature. Apart from that, good effort.
        Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Not sure on the Auto 9, but what ever floats your boat.
          BARON VON TWO-TONE AT YOUR SERVICE

PM me if you're selling Two Tone Stuff

Comment

Auto9 rocks!

I would recommend changing the gloves for something less black. Brown mountain bike gloves like I wear are about £5 and do the job
            King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
            https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
            www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

i would just use camo netting but hay. this is the only 2 goodish photos of my. sorry for it being dark but they where took last helloween in bournemouth

Santa *creepy kiss* xXx

Comment

I would change the Auto 9, and change the L96 to a .338 if you want to be using the correct rifle, then you need about double the number of Hessian straps on your ghillie as you have now, get it soaking wet then bury it then change your gloves, put some cam cream on and a headset and ta-da!
                WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

Green elastic bands, attach these to your rifle so its quick and easy to jam foliage in there. Mainly in front of the scope, its all you got to worry about

Comment

Cheers for the heads up guys.

Comment

Originally posted by TB-Stalker View Post
                      I would change the Auto 9, and change the L96 to a .338 if you want to be using the correct rifle, then you need about double the number of Hessian straps on your ghillie as you have now, get it soaking wet then bury it then change your gloves, put some cam cream on and a headset and ta-da!
                      The 7.62mm L96 was being used alongside the AW338/L115A3 in Afghanistan until very recently, as detailed and proven in 'Attack State Red' with photographic evidence, so there is no problem with the rifle whatsoever. P226 or Browning Hi-Power for the sidearm imho

Comment

Nice looking Ghillie Sharkbite. I like it! Leave it outside for a few days to help it darken.

Not so sure about the Rifle Camouflage though...

I've been researching this subject abit recently as I've got a taste for making a modern-ish British Snipers loadout.

I found that our guys do not, in general, use full body ghillie suits. I did know of a guy who bought himself a Jack-pyke suit though.

Instead 90% of the time Concealment vests are used with custom additions added onto it. As for the make, It may well be Webtex but I highly doubt that Webtex kit is issued to our troops. I hope not anyway!

Most common material added is Scrim and Hessian strips, dyed different colours. Cut up into medium sized strips and glued on all over the vest.

Just like this:

That was the type of Ghillie suit I wanted to make ^^.

But also smocks are used as a base for a Ghillie suit. I guess it depends on personal preference or whatever:

Though as always with camouflage - sometimes less is better:

Generally though if you keep to DPM and use a scrim covered smock or concealment vest, Id say you're on the right track.

As for Weapons?

L96 or L115A3 (338)
                        P226 or Browning

The latter requiring a mortgagee .

The 338 is being used not as a replacement to the L96, but in conjunction.
                        So if you decide to get a budget L96 then you're still being accurate.

Remember to sniper tape the rifle as this is a must!

Then let it get muddy!

But remember not all snipers wear camouflage to such extents...

Hope this helps somewhat.

But there is no right or wrong way. As you can see Ghillie suits are hardly uniformed, but when it comes to British Suits, there appears to be somesort of
                        general way to do it!

Comment

Originally posted by bravotwozero View Post
                          Instead 90% of the time Concealment vests are used with custom additions added onto it. As for the make, It may well be Webtex but I highly doubt that Webtex kit is issued to our troops. I hope not anyway!
                          As I have highlighted... unfortunate but the truth.
                          King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                          www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Makes a guille sock for your gun. Standard military issued green sock - cut one end off, make a few small holes to put foliage in.
                            "UP UP AND AWWAAAAY!!"

Rob-ree-go

Comment

eh? foliage

Its sand that's in the sock
                              Originally posted by Bluegill
                              5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sharkbite Ex soldier that takes pride in shooting civvies thinking they are soldiers Find out more about Sharkbite
                              Working...
                              X