PRC 349

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRC 349

Right, this is a bit left field and a long shot but does anyone know the dimensions of a PRC 349 with battery attached, including where the dials are located? Any help would really be appreciated! Cheers, James
    "Someone please get this muppet some skills!"

Re: PRC 349

the radio is
    (w×h×d)90 × 244 × 30 mm (3.54 × 9.61 × 1.18 in)

the battery is
    Height: 244 mm
    Width: 90 mm
    Depth: 40.5 mm

the dials are on the side of the antenna and start about 1 1/2 inches down and go down for about 3 inches i can properly measure it when i find a tape measure :p hope this of help just wondering are u making a pouch for it or something?
    Grammar Nazis need to be put on an island alone with each other

Comment

If you could double check please it'd be appreciated, from the sizings above you're saying the battery is the same height as the the actual radio, and thicker by about a third - from memory that doesn't seem right :S And yes, I'm getting a custom pouch made for Stirling events etc - seeing as I usually get lumbered with the section level comms I thought I may as well bite the bullet! A diagram/picture would be amazing if you could manage that.
      Regards,
      James

Comment

Why not just use one of the many 349 padio pouches that are floating about, i know of at least two of the Green webbing types and have seen and used two different types of the PLCE DPM pouches made for said radio. Could always stick it in your patrol pack. Just a thought that could save you hassle

All the best,

Comment

I'm looking to get one tailor made for MOLLE systems - got some ideas to make it more versatile and up to date. Whilst the issue ones are okay, having it on my chest over/under my main rig is a right pain the arse! Has anyone got some definate measurements? I'd really like to get the information sent off to the tailor so this can go ahead - I'm willing to give feedback, post photos etc when I have used it.
          Cheers,
          James

Comment

easy to make mate, i made two pouchs a while back, just needed to source a stiffner for the webbing that feeds into the molle
            They say that SOG was born from ex-Delta operators, only the best make the grade. Teflon warriors need not apply.

Comment

the dimensions that i put are with the battery realy gotta stop doing late night posts :S

Comment

So if the pouch is made 90x244x30 I'll be alright? I've never seen Stirling issue a 349 with a upgraded battery pack. Could you also confirm where the dials are in mm from the top of the radio, how far they go down, how far inwards they go etc? Thanks

Comment

took some photo measurements on my unused 349 set
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/66676618@N04/6068993067/
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/66676618@N04/6069530278/
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/66676618@N04/6069532168/
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/66676618@N04/6068986785/

Comment

You sir, have made my day! Thank you very much! :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

reaper_leaper Find out more about reaper_leaper
                    Working...
                    X