MP5 with Maglite, SAS Op Nimrod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP5 with Maglite, SAS Op Nimrod

Any suggestions for doing this, in particular the mount which I assume was a scope mount with a big maglite planted on top?
    HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Re: MP5 with Maglite, SAS Op Nimrod

i have not seen many close up images of 22 from nimrod operation but it would have been a stanag claw mount i would have thought. i dont know how uncommon the maglites were that had the mountings for the claw mount but i have heard rumours of rareness. they had the mount holes built into the flashlight casing similar to the ones for the sa80 but note as far as i know they were not the same. you could always buy the maglite in the correct size ( maybe second hand from fleebay ) and add the mounting points yourself.

hope this helps

urban

Comment

If im thinking of the same thing, The best mount would be an H&K MP5/G3 claw mount, They sit quite high so the sights wont cast a shadow through the beam.

You could try getting some scope rings to fit around the large Maglight but i think they might be too wide.

It would look better if you got the mount without the ris on top and attached the torch directly to the mount using some small screws (not sure how much room would be inside the torch) or use some kind of metal weld like JB.

Edit: Ninjad

Comment

thats the mount, they do sit high enough to allow for sights to be used. as far as im aware i have not seen scope rings big enough if you use the correct size flashlight as i think they were d cell which are pretty hefty. if you want the claw without the ris i think only the real steel one comes with no rail, i have both real steel and tokyo marui version and real comes without rail, marui doesnt come off ( maybe other makes are removable i dont know )

Comment

Guarder make one without he rail, but its bloody expensive (like most of the other stuff they do)

Comment

Just found the Guarder mount, £60! Seems a bit steep.
            HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

before you buy see if anyone has one on here and ask about fitment as some wobble and dont fit properly

Comment

another idea, i just looked at my marui one and it would be possible to gring the ris slots so its just a flat top, then bolt the torch to it, the holes where the rail would bolt to the claw are there but just for show. they must be cheaper to get than the guarder one!!!!

Comment

So wrong - it was an early version of the SA80 torch mount and the 2D Maglite was held on with jubilee clips.
                  Later ones had a clamp made in house.
                  sigpic
                  Signature removed due to one bearded mans love for another.....

(and Ponies)

Comment

jubilees???? its possible being they pretty much threw together there kit but i dont see any jubilee clips in these photos, unless they painted them black... which i doubt

im not saying your wrong but i personally cant see jubilee clips and i can see early claw mounts

just my opinion

Comment

Are you thinking of the under handguard maglite setup which came later?

Comment

i was wondering that

Comment

My mistake on the dates - the underslung did come later with the maglite attached to a purpose mount made by Milarm in Leominster.
                          During Nimrod they were held onto high claw mounts by a mixture of jubilee clips and LOTS of tape. They didn't have any weapon lights so it was improvised.

You can see the clip in your pic on the rear of the mount..

sigpic

(and Ponies)

Comment

Also they weren't Maglites - but that bit you'll have to work out for yourselves :D
                            sigpic

(and Ponies)

Comment

streamlights wasnt it

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Devlin Find out more about Devlin
                              Working...
                              X