Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Contemporary British Loadout

Originally posted by Rich83 View Post
    I love the mark 4 and think its the best full protection rig out there and own a tan one myself but don't use any extra covers bar the ops panel for reasons mentioned but if I was to be in a position where I was gonna be at risk the mk 4 osprey is what I would want. Nothing compares to the flexibility the system offers, nor the complete mollification (my word, just made it up!) Of the entire rig bar the right shoulder!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    To be fair as the standard rifle is fired from the right shoulder the MOLLE there would be pointless. It does feel extremely bulky and people still associate weight and size with protection. Hopefully in a few years time development of ppe will be that the mobility and extra weight wont be much of a problem.

Comment

That is why it was left bare with the extra grip on it, although the new combat stance with the rifle in the middle of your chest defeats the objective of it being there!

Owner of DCS
      (Doom custom shooters)
      PM me for Custom work!

Comment

• The rifle in the chest is for close quaters (building clearing) dont quite get my self but the army likes to do crazy shit!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Isn't that to do with facing the target square on to get the best projection from your plates though? Like the Americans?
          Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
          Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

• To be entirely honest I was not paying that much attention at the time. Vehicle mechanics have very little need for it but still I ave to practice. But it dose make sense. It at two much of an angle the round could deflect at such a small angle it could just push into your rearmost arm. Either way its how the army likes it using thr smallest man in the squad as a human shield for clearance. Fun times

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Its makes you a bigger target to hit! the round could be deflected if you body is facing side on, thus hitting another mucka? i dont know, all i know is that they think its the best tactic when actualy it just makes you look like an idiot -.-

Owner of DCS
              (Doom custom shooters)
              PM me for Custom work!

Comment

You face Front towards enemy so they shoot the front plate, rather than hitting your arm or the side of your body and doing huge amounts of damage.

Comment

Originally posted by GGTIMMY View Post
                  You face Front towards enemy so they shoot the front plate, rather than hitting your arm or the side of your body and doing huge amounts of damage.
                  That's why the side plates are there, do you not think it'd cause more damage a bullet running up the length of your arm like it would in a forward facing stance or less damage going side ways through your arm on the usual stance,

Owner of DCS
                  (Doom custom shooters)
                  PM me for Custom work!

Comment

Originally posted by Doombull3t View Post
                    That's why the side plates are there, do you not think it'd cause more damage a bullet running up the length of your arm like it would in a forward facing stance or less damage going side ways through your arm on the usual stance,
                    The problem with a round passing sideways is the chance of it going through the gap under the armpit and ripping through your organs. It could also ricochet off the front/rear plate. From what I was told this is unfortuantly how Rfn Femtiman died a few years back.

Comment

The round will not stop when it hits your arm, it will go though, and if your facing sideways, it's going through your body, and i really don't put much faith in the side plates really, as Rifleman93 said really.

Comment

Here we go, with small side Cumberbund's. A right pain to get on and off with it set up like this.
                        img_0010.jpg

Comment

• Do you need the buckles with the side cumberbuns?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich83 View Post
                            Do you need the buckles with the side cumberbuns?

Practically theyre not essential. On the older tan version of the mk4 a lot of people didnt use them.

Comment

Just wandering , how did you guys all get your mk.4 s . Because i have just been looking on the bay and there like being sold for a grand.

Comment

joined the army lol..... tbh people shouldnt really have them if they arent in the army but it dosent stop people

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Slava Find out more about Slava
                                Working...
                                X