• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Contemporary British Loadout

3742.jpgboots001.jpg

Comment

At least it will shop the mongs wanting people to have shiny boots.

Comment

Really? Doubt it.
        Having seen officers demand that a passageway on a ship needs to be scrubbed and polished even though it was a brand new deck that didn't require it, insofar as scrubbing it would destroy it.

Guess what happened?
        Oh that's right, a whole new deck had to be laid (2 weeks to do) all because someone didn't listen.

As for the boots, the ones I saw were the 'tan' versions, looked more like a baby pooh browny green colour. Not nice at all.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by Rifleman93 View Post
          At least it will shop the mongs wanting people to have shiny boots.
          Haha! Looks like they're gonna issue some black 'uns for dress as well...
          I imagine the testing phase included a week-long 'how much can these polish up' session.
          Originally posted by Walter Gropius
          If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

• We have black carboard shoes for fads and barrack dress. Brown boots to be issued for normal duty. And its a big debate wether they look good or not. My opinion is they are horrid but the army will just get used to it. The same as mtp kit which forces every british solider to loom like a scruff! Again thats my opinion. I know lots that loved it from the start. Allthough one thing about new boots is at least some will be fit for purpose instead of the feet destroying combat highs.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

ive seen some they look horrific! as with most mod boots i bet they arent too comfortable either and hopefully they have proper size 13's

Comment

• Thr new boots are made my companys like magnum, mendal and lowa. We have been told we will have a choice of what manufactuer we wish to wear. So that its good that we will be given stuff instead of spending our own money on the boots we want. But they are still a disgusting colour!

Comment

Originally posted by simonmoore1986 View Post
                  The same as mtp kit which forces every british solider to look like a scruff!
                  Bootnecks wear it in the same way as CS95 is worn, with sleeves rolled up, shirts tucked in and trousers tied and I have to say it looks the part when it's worn as a uniform instead of a tracksuit.. I've even over heard RM SNCOs arguing about the regulations for PCS with Pongo SNCOs before (nothing new there :P) but personally I think it looks fine if you wear it properly and with some pride as a uniform should be worn. (Not a dig at the Army before anyone says anything, I understand the Indians will always have to do as the chiefs instruct)
                  | Systema L119A1 UGL PTW || Echo 1 L7A2 GPMG || G&P L110A2 Minimi || Custom L129A1 || KSC Glock 17 || Inokatsu Sig P226 || KSC Glock 18C |

Comment

When we were on board the bigger grey floaty things (the good ones, Fearless and Intrepid, or when I ships det on the Invince c.1991) back in the late '80's/early 90's, we wore ghillie tie desert boots on board to stop the hated "Boots, Combat, High" leaving gopping marks all over the deck. With a set of trops, they looked essence.
                    Small thing we also usedto notice, you could always tell Perce when he was at scran - they kept their smock on. We, being civilised men, took ours off and hung them on the back of our chair, or folded neatly on the deck.
                    Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Now they are a horrific looking pair of boots. And as scruffy as the PCS looks, you can atleast thank your lucky stars you're not wearing this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...nd-Velcro.html

I do wonder if the MoD ever consult trained designers for things like this, since their newer uniforms actually look worse than those rolled out for British Gas engineers... And before anyone starts on about it not being how it looks but how it functions, I only agree up to a point, I think the appearence of the military is of significant relevance to the role it performs.

Comment

• Most likely the boots necks are wearing the temperat issue. Ive never seen a boot neck wearing the normal stuff. The temp issues is like the 95 like but in a mtp pattern. The new mtp kit is a completely different and porely designed for a combat role. Velcro, bloody velcro! And the new kit lost my vote when people look like they are wearing dresses and you dont put a crease in it. Bring back fatigues back!

Comment

Lightweights and wooly pullies are for winners.
                          Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay8 View Post
                            Now they are a horrific looking pair of boots. And as scruffy as the PCS looks, you can atleast thank your lucky stars you're not wearing this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...nd-Velcro.html

I do wonder if the MoD ever consult trained designers for things like this, since their newer uniforms actually look worse than those rolled out for British Gas engineers... And before anyone starts on about it not being how it looks but how it functions, I only agree up to a point, I think the appearence of the military is of significant relevance to the role it performs.
                            Its PCS in blue, worn the same way the bootys do ie, shirt tucked in.
                            Gangway will still wear MTP, also take into account that the rig has to be worn for firefighting, leak stopping and at action (with overalls over the top.
                            Also, it does make sense, 1 cut of clothing across the board.
                            The baseball caps has been a long time coming tbh, Im sure under certain circumstances they wont be worn and the normal Beret will (or white cap for specials etc etc).
                            The new rig also takes a massive leaf out of the Dutch, German, US, Arab, Aussie, New Zealand Navies (to name a handful).

@Hawke, one of the big rules of the dining hall is no smocks/foul weather gear/outside work jackets to be worn at meal times. Puts the caterers backs right up.
                            section 24 of the 1968 Act
                            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

We have black carboard shoes for fads and barrack dress. Brown boots to be issued for normal duty. And its a big debate wether they look good or not. My opinion is they are horrid but the army will just get used to it. The same as mtp kit which forces every british solider to loom like a scruff! Again thats my opinion. I know lots that loved it from the start. Allthough one thing about new boots is at least some will be fit for purpose instead of the feet destroying combat highs.

Shoes? SHOES!? Us special people have PATENT leather george boots. Mmmm.

Comment

Most likely the boots necks are wearing the temperat issue. Ive never seen a boot neck wearing the normal stuff. The temp issues is like the 95 like but in a mtp pattern. The new mtp kit is a completely different and porely designed for a combat role. Velcro, bloody velcro! And the new kit lost my vote when people look like they are wearing dresses and you dont put a crease in it. Bring back fatigues back!

Nope
                                They wear a mixture of DPM old style MTP and PCS and it is all worn the same way and it looks smart and proper! I can tell PCS from the older MTP from a mile away much less the spider block across the road haha
                                Only people I've never seen wear it are the two 'them' that I had the pleasure of meeting last summer, one wore DPM and the other wore old style MTP, both with sandy berets and bright blue stable belts so everyone knew who the big boys were haha
                                | Systema L119A1 UGL PTW || Echo 1 L7A2 GPMG || G&P L110A2 Minimi || Custom L129A1 || KSC Glock 17 || Inokatsu Sig P226 || KSC Glock 18C |

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Slava Find out more about Slava
                                Working...
                                X