Contemporary British Loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Contemporary British Loadout

Not being funny dude, I've got PCS kit, it was issued by the bootys to me, that new rig is PCS cut (at least the trial version was).
    A great many of my friends are currently wearing it, had I not left my last ship, I would have been trialling it myself.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

• Either way velcro was a stupid ideas and so was vented pockets. At point in my life did I ever think that I needed mesh in my GT pockets. I only get to see bootys who are doing there vehicle mechanic courses at the moment and as far as I remember they are all wearing the temperate stuff. But iam just not a fan of the new kit. Any way its worn. I just think its not fit for purpose on camp. And as they still want to issue different kit for ops I feel it was just a waist. Or posturing. Trying not to look like the british army is old. Even though our entire army c ould fit on one armerican camp. ( obviously its a big camp but still buts things in to perspective)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Tbh the baseball caps look horrendous. Completely unprofessional, instead of trained service men and women our armed forces will end up looking like a bunch of redneck holidaymakers. Can't believe the mod thought it would look anything but.
        Originally posted by Walter Gropius
        If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

^ Got agree on the baseball caps, makes them look like they should be asking "Do you want fries with that?" Stick to the good old Beret.
          The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by a_flea View Post
            Tbh the baseball caps look horrendous. Completely unprofessional, instead of trained service men and women our armed forces will end up looking like a bunch of redneck holidaymakers. Can't believe the mod thought it would look anything but.
            Its because they are more practical when away.
            The fact everyone buys the damn things when we go away anyway.
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

• I wish I had some PCS when I was in the RN, way better than my old No8's. It's about time the RN dragged it's self out of the 18th Century and into the 21st.
              I can see the differences in the Shirts but what are the pants like? And I take it the motif on the arm is the ships insignia? So what's the wafu's wearing, the SQDN badge?
              How long will it be before the sneakies are wearing them in Covert ops, everytime I saw them back in the mid nineties, they had No8 shirts on with No8 or Light weight pants.

Comment

The trousers are PCS cut as well slanty pockets and reinforced crotch). The top has a zip behind the flap in the middle. You have a branch badge, rank slide and ships crest and name tape.

Comment

So Slava and Saoul (Sorry if I misspelt your names) any updates on your kit it was looking great and im going for a similar look so any advice would be great thanks
                  I love the smell of napalm in the morning

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...-tactical-list
                  My Tactical List

Comment

OP delivers!

sigpic

Comment

Looking AMAZING guys thanks for getting back to me this is a real help
                      I love the smell of napalm in the morning

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...-tactical-list
                      My Tactical List

Comment

It's funny reading this thread and the criticism of the new kit. For years soldiers moaned about how crap the current lay out of kit was. I was in Afghan when they first rolled out the DDPM UBACS and everyone loved them. The M.O.D seem, for the first time in history, to have listened to the guys on the ground about the kit they want. Harder wearing, more comfortable, the new helmet takes into account every infantryman's worst nightmare of going prone and your body armour or patrol pack pushing your lid forward, etc, etc. From what I've seen and from speaking to the guys using it on ops it's exactly what everyone was after and then when it comes in what do we get.... more moaning. Mind you, I don't think I've heard a single soldier that I know complain about the new kit, apart from the pattern. It all seems to be people on the internet (no offence or digging out aimed at anyone here, just my observation).

@Slava your kit looks pretty good now. Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikep81 View Post
                          It's funny reading this thread and the criticism of the new kit. For years soldiers moaned about how crap the current lay out of kit was. I was in Afghan when they first rolled out the DDPM UBACS and everyone loved them. The M.O.D seem, for the first time in history, to have listened to the guys on the ground about the kit they want. Harder wearing, more comfortable, the new helmet takes into account every infantryman's worst nightmare of going prone and your body armour or patrol pack pushing your lid forward, etc, etc. From what I've seen and from speaking to the guys using it on ops it's exactly what everyone was after and then when it comes in what do we get.... more moaning. Mind you, I don't think I've heard a single soldier that I know complain about the new kit, apart from the pattern. It all seems to be people on the internet (no offence or digging out aimed at anyone here, just my observation).

@Slava your kit looks pretty good now. Well done!
                          The main bloke giving advice on this thread turned out to be an underage never served wannabe. I'm VERY ex, as I'm even fatter than when I was in now, and MTP/PCS wouldn't fit me. The first run was basically S95 with a different pattern, but now, cracking, useful features at last. However, from what I've seen of it (I work for the MOD and have blokes bumbling about in it all day at the office) it is brilliant, just not my thing. Like a few of us, I'm more "retro" in my kit. (Simpler, less flaps and stuff.)
                          Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

• Well as a.n. other ex. Pcs for me does not really work, the premise does.

Someone currently serving was wearing PCS as required by there SOP's and has in a temperate environment ended up on mixed anti histamimes over insect bites.

As far as I can tell small modifications (unlike the old system) can make all the difference in comfort and practicality.

Im not a personal fan of the cut or the new pattern, that is beside the point.

On the subject of Smitty, well last time I played a game there, well this is a public forum.

Sent using Tapatalk 2
                            Opinions are like ar**holes, everyone has one.

Usually found being very unimpressed by a lot of players, but gets a pleasant surprise when they actually have a clue on a game day.

Comment

Well PM details to certain awesome people in this thread. :p

Comment

Awesomeness.
                                Some are born, some attain, some yearn for it.

Personally, I haven't been awesome for years. Teenage daughters knock it out of you.
                                Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Slava Find out more about Slava
                                Working...
                                X