X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Contemporary British Loadout

Originally posted by Hawke View Post
    Awesomeness.
    Some are born, some attain, some yearn for it.

Personally, I haven't been awesome for years. Teenage daughters knock it out of you.
    You are one of the fine gentlemen of the forum are you not?
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by systema PTW SOPMOD View Post
      Nope
      They wear a mixture of DPM old style MTP and PCS and it is all worn the same way and it looks smart and proper! I can tell PCS from the older MTP from a mile away much less the spider block across the road haha
      Only people I've never seen wear it are the two 'them' that I had the pleasure of meeting last summer, one wore DPM and the other wore old style MTP, both with sandy berets and bright blue stable belts so everyone knew who the big boys were haha
      Really? So in what way would wearing dpm, mtp and pcs be uniform? It's called uniform because it is "uniform", not mufti day at kindergarten/I got dressed in the dark. There might be exceptions eg goretex dpm waterproof over pcs if there is a shortage, but you don't get to choose.
      And yes, the SAS will be wearing berets and stable belts because that is their uniform, it's not like they are super secret "oh we need to wear a disguise" uniform. I saw them loads at brize, big deal, they are just people, don't need to get down and worship the ground they walk on. If one was in old mtp and the other in dpm, well probably because he hadn't been issued it, doesnt mean they can wear what they want. All very straight forward.
      sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Originally posted by Hawke View Post
        The main bloke giving advice on this thread turned out to be an underage never served wannabe. I'm VERY ex, as I'm even fatter than when I was in now, and MTP/PCS wouldn't fit me. The first run was basically S95 with a different pattern, but now, cracking, useful features at last. However, from what I've seen of it (I work for the MOD and have blokes bumbling about in it all day at the office) it is brilliant, just not my thing. Like a few of us, I'm more "retro" in my kit. (Simpler, less flaps and stuff.)
        You wouldn't be referring to Jsmitty would you?

Originally posted by Counting Count View Post
        Well as a.n. other ex. Pcs for me does not really work, the premise does.

Someone currently serving was wearing PCS as required by there SOP's and has in a temperate environment ended up on mixed anti histamimes over insect bites.

As far as I can tell small modifications (unlike the old system) can make all the difference in comfort and practicality.

Im not a personal fan of the cut or the new pattern, that is beside the point.

On the subject of Smitty, well last time I played a game there, well this is a public forum.

Sent using Tapatalk 2
        Oooh please tell?!

Comment

Originally posted by jssmitty96 View Post
          i meant saying youve lost yours useing one for airsoft and keeping one for work i know alot of people who do that. and i said ospreys are okay as they are just covers..so chill out no need to get all defensive if you actually read what ive said.
          Yeah, I read what you said. And it turns out you were talking utter gonads.
          Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

• Oooh please tell?!
            Which bit? :p

Sent using Tapatalk 2
            Opinions are like ar**holes, everyone has one.

Usually found being very unimpressed by a lot of players, but gets a pleasant surprise when they actually have a clue on a game day.

Comment

Originally posted by Slava View Post
              OP delivers!

If you want some friendly advise to improve the look-

Ditch the random daysack and buy a camelback motherload in MTP/multicam if you cant get hold of an issue one. (they are soon to be issue for Herrick btw)... I actually cant tell what it is, at least spray it, spraying makes all things good.

Ditch the nvg mounting bracket. Have only the helmet mount or the whole lot, nobody goes halfway.

Add more helmet cam or remove entirely. It is currently not adding any value ie. breaking up the lines of your helmet and therefore doesn't look legit.

Spray the holster, nobody rolls in black

Dirty/spray/cam cream (actually does work) the sniper tape on your helmet.

Apart from that its looking good...

On another note luckily for the naysayers PCS shirts are getting an update to go with the current issue. It will be cut in the old s95 style but in MTP (like the original Herrick issue shirts.) So this will mean tucked in shirts and visible stable belts and thus a smarter army! Good! (and critically sleeves you can role up for when its roasting.).

'Old style' PCS will remain for combat/exercise. Its pretty good although things like the sleeve pockets for elbow padding are pretty redundant. No complaints however.

Comment

Why change the cut of the shirt? Bootys wear it tucked in as does the navy.
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

JSmitty, oh where, oh where are you!!!! Not even got the balls to answer. I expect you will have time soon though, school holidays coming up and all that! Unless of course you are on PDT for cadet camp!
                  sigpic

Comment

Because you cannot role the sleeves up properly due to the arm and shoulder velcro. It doesnt work, is particularly uncomfortable and its what soldiers want. Also it is the dress policy that that style of shirt is only to be worn sleeves down. Royal Marines may cut their own detail but nobody else does.

(tucked in isnt the issue its the sleeves.)

Comment

Well we had no issues rolling sleeves up, dress policy was sleeves up.

Comment

Thats was because the Navy/ RM dress regs stated sleeve's up and the RAF rewrote theirs to match. As to "new" PCS shirts, they have been "planned" for around a year now, will believe when I see one.

Comment

Well believe it they are coming. Further to that you can role up the sleeves on PCS but it a) looks shit because they dont role up properly b) is not comfortable c) is against dress regulations. The Navy may be making do but everyone else is demanding a real solution (which thankfully now is coming, time frame tbc.).

In real terms this means nothing to the airsoft community as PCS is still combat issue and I would imagine that this is therefore what most people will want to wear so I will leave it at that.

Comment

Personally I think its an utter waste of military budget, if it works for 2 groups of the armed forces, why not the others?
                            I think its some army rupert somewhere coming up with more 'bright ideas'.

Comment

No. It was dreamt up by a twonk in MOD Central Puzzle Palace with too much time on his hands.
                              Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

I'd start looking at which star officer is due to leave, in procurement and will be moving into that line of work in the civvie trade.
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Slava Find out more about Slava
                                Working...
                                X