X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Contemporary British Loadout

Originally posted by Ironfist View Post
    If you want some friendly advise to improve the look-

Ditch the random daysack and buy a camelback motherload in MTP/multicam if you cant get hold of an issue one. (they are soon to be issue for Herrick btw)... I actually cant tell what it is, at least spray it, spraying makes all things good.

Ditch the nvg mounting bracket. Have only the helmet mount or the whole lot, nobody goes halfway.

Add more helmet cam or remove entirely. It is currently not adding any value ie. breaking up the lines of your helmet and therefore doesn't look legit.

Spray the holster, nobody rolls in black

Dirty/spray/cam cream (actually does work) the sniper tape on your helmet.

Apart from that its looking good...
    Thanks bud. Shall take those points on board.

In regards to the NVG bracket, I'd usually take it off, but I actually have a Gen1 NV that I mount to it sometimes. I think some guys spray the NVG bracket too right?
    I've got cam cream and spray, so I'll do the helmet and holster. I thought the scrim on the helmet was pretty sufficient to break up the round outline, but if you think it needs more, I'll add more!
    And a motherload/mtp daysack is on the agenda once I can afford it!
    sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Ironfist;1204309} Further to that you can role up the sleeves on PCS but it a) looks shit because they dont role up properly b) is not comfortable c) is against dress regulations.[/QUOTE]

Agree with points a-c but its now down to unit commanders if the units is sleeves are up or down.

Comment

Originally posted by hapi View Post
        Agree with points a-c but its now down to unit commanders if the units is sleeves are up or down.
        That is true as of very recently (last week I think, or the one before?).

Also as for the new shirt its actually by popular demand from the ground up not the other way round. Its a good example of the hierarchy listening. I really want to insert anti navy banter but will resist...

Comment

Also as for the new shirt its actually by popular demand from the ground up not the other way round. Its a good example of the hierarchy listening. I really want to insert anti navy banter but will resist...

Give it your best. :p
          section 24 of the 1968 Act
          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Dig out on the anti-Navy abuse.
            Bear in mind that Artists formerly known as the Duke of York and Albany's Maritime Regiment of Foot are part of that prestigious family. And I don't do "banter", I do full on abuse.
            Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

At National Armed Forces day, two corporals of Royal Engineers were given a bollocking by an RA Captain for having their sleeves not rolled up. They didnt even bother trying to explain that the insignia on the velcro patches made it look stupid but just humoured him.

Back in the day if it was 'shirt sleeve order' you had sleeves up til 6pm i seen to recall after which it was sleeves down or jumpers on... it's been a long time i cant remember the details but it seemed like those sort of rules still applied as far as that captain was concerned.

Comment

Enlisted men haven't been issued with jumpers for a lot of years, which is a shame because they were bloody smart. Now they're an NCO and up deal.
                "You shits are freezing and I'm rather cozy" was pretty much the order of the day.

I don't remember any of the shirt issues. It was sleeves up during working hours and then sleeves down after 6pm. During the winter it was sleeves down all day. This was pretty much carved in stone at one point but to be honest, many battalions are much more relaxed about it now... unless on parade in which case it was 6 and 10's all weekend. I would guess it depends on the chain of command and how camp orientated they are?

Looking spot on, Slava. I've never liked MTP and always preferred the 95's, but your impression is bloody accurate.
                A bit too clean cut for my taste but get it smelly, dirty, washed out and it'll be perfect. Good work, man!

As for Smitty, well... You reap what you sow.

Comment

Last jumper i had issued was in 98 and it was replaced by a fleece a few months later if i recall.

Shirt sleeves down at 6 tallys with what i remember, i just seem to recall that in summer you couldnt wear a jumper even if it was a crap day before then

Comment

That was the advantage of the RAF. In dpm always had sleeves up, just sore the jacket in winter. When I was in blues, never wore the jumper, too itchy, GP jacket all the way!
                    sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

You can have the sleeves rolled up as long as the folds are 4 fingers wide. Iron them flat and they look fine. Rules of 6 still apply. Sleeves down between 6am and 6pm.

Coldy
                      YouTube Channel - Airsoft Sniper videos
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/coldy30

Comment

Originally posted by Slava View Post
                        I think some guys spray the NVG bracket too right?
                        yes the helmet mount itself is sprayed now as a black blob above your head was deemed a target along with the sniper tape that outlined your head.

Comment

Not so long ago it was "Don't mess with serialized kit or I'll cut your nuts off!".

Comment

War & peace show 2013
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]94347[/ATTACH]

Comment

Here are some photos of me and my mate George, taken today at Skirmish Airsoft by my brother.

I think we've got a pretty decent look going on, if I do say so myself:

Me left, him right.

Me with my L85:

More of an action shot:

Here's George, the L129 is mine, made by Golightly of these very forums!

My cool face:

And finally, my brother wanted to see if he could pull off a shot whilst the slide was fully to the rear, mid cycle, so got me to spam a tree in the distance with my Glock:

YouTube Bullet4MyEnemy
                              : for thoughtful, retrospective commentary.
                              AirsoftOperator.com: for airsoft news, reviews, and wahoos.

Comment

Nice loadouts guys! We're almost identical we should go to a milsim as a team sometime.
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Slava Find out more about Slava
                                Working...
                                X