Contemporary British Loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Contemporary British Loadout

To be fair, no electric replica does an accurate job, ARES / STAR are visual and weight similar, G&G/Army/ICS are easier to maintain from an airsoft point, WE gas offerings are an entirely different proposition.
    Opinions are like ar**holes, everyone has one.

Usually found being very unimpressed by a lot of players, but gets a pleasant surprise when they actually have a clue on a game day.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostwalker View Post
      Cheers for the reply.
      From my rather rusty memory, under your 95'2 you had the 95shirt and a green t-shirt. There wasn't any UBACS, or atleast if there was it never made it down to our battalion back then!
      I never managed to get out on a tour i would have liked to though. Volunteered for an OpTelic late in 03 that was to Basra palace to provide security for 22nd Armoured if i recall correctly. But when i volunteered they were taking 10 from each company, ours had 25 volunteers and i was denied as i was one of the 'older' folks and had kids.

If i went the DPM/95 route i would probably avoid any body armour as i remember it being hideously uncomfortable even when just used on ranges! I would also dig out my beret as i absolutely hated the issue helmet!

Environment wise, the local sites are all woodland sites.

On a slight subject swerve. Does anyone have any preferences over the various makes of l85a2 aeg's available. I was looking and it seems like the ARES version has most to offer in terms of realism and maintenance. But being a complete newbie, i don't know if there is a 'better' or 'worse' version between the Ares/ICS/G&G versions.
      Well I'm a bit biased because I have the ICS version but I think it's great. The G&G version (possibly ARES too) has electric blow back which I think is more trouble than it's worth.

The ICS body is very true to the real thing, other than the bolt catch going the wrong way. The plastic is a bit off but I don't know if any of the others are any better. And if you are interested in teching then the gearbox is ridiculously easy to dissassemble because the trigger mech is extarnal, and it has a removable spring guide. The weight balance on the ICS version, and I suspect the others too, is significantly towards the rear because of where the gearbox is situated. So the balance isn't as good as the real thing but I feel it improves single handed control.

However, if you are going for ultimate realism then, as Count mentioned, the WE is the way to go. But it is very expensive to run with the cost of gas mags, gas and RA-tech upgrades.

Comment

Originally posted by Slava View Post
        So here's a loadout that me and my friend "Saoul" have been working on. We're looking to hopefully start a modern British re-enactment based team.

Here are our loadouts so far. I'm the guy at the back. Of course there are still some things that need to be purchased/worked on, but let us know what you think.
        Gear to purchase:
        1. Bowman Headsets with PTT's and radios.
        2. MTP ubacs for Saoul.
        3. NVG mounts for helmets.

Guns parts to purchase:
        1. L85 ris
        2. L129A1 Acog and foregrip etc.

Let us know what you think. We'll keep you posted as we update the loadouts.
        Also, we're not in the armed forces and would never claim to be, we just like the British kit!
        So please keep it on topic guys
        Reminds me off Bluestone 42, God I miss that show

Comment

DPM is the cooler route to follow in my opinion... You can get a DPM ubacs too, plus a chest rig over a CBA looks the balls

Comment

Lol. I am going back to my old rifleman look.
            Soldier 95 trousers, shirt and jacket over a olive t-shirt.
            Black boots of some sort, depends what I can find in theme and more importantly in size 10.
            Plce webbing- double mag pouches x2, utility pouches x2 and a water bottle pouch, maybe a frog but I haven't seen an air soft rubber bayonet for the l85 yet.
            Contemplating a pistol holster but I never personally carried one and I'm not sure what the 01-04 issue pistol/holster was.
            Rounded out with a scrim net scarf and beret. May eventually look at a mk6 with dpm cover once everything else is sorted.
            Only non cannon thing will be the eye wear as I won't compromise my future vision!

So no Ubacs, no body armour or assault vest for me. Plus I could never bleeding move in the body armour I was issued for range work!

Comment

Look for Revision goggles on ebay, I know they are issued to British troops.

With regards to a side arm. I think the browning hi-power was issued back then. Now it is being replaced by the G17 though.

Comment

If you were going to do a modern british infantryman (not sf) what would your recommended loadout be?
                Mtp Jacket, trousers+ubac
                Mk6 helmet with mtp cover.
                Osprey armour with molle pouches (though what pouches are standard i dont know)
                Boots (not sure what make they are).
                L85a2 with mods (but what ones).

Am i missing anything?

I was thinking of something like the guy on the right in this pic

2013_02_18_AJP_6435.jpg

Comment

If you were going to do a modern british infantryman (not sf) what would your recommended loadout be?
                  Mtp Jacket, trousers+ubac
                  Mk6 helmet with mtp cover.
                  Osprey armour with molle pouches (though what pouches are standard i dont know)
                  Boots (not sure what make they are).
                  L85a2 with mods (but what ones).

Am i missing anything?

I was thinking of something like the guy on the right in this pic

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137884[/ATTACH]
                  A green issue belt.

You could get away with black boots but desert boots would be best.

Also it's quite easy to find full sets of osprey kit. Armour cover and pouches. You might want to look at an osprey battle belt too.

For the L85

DD front rail set (with adapter)
                  Tan ladder style rail covers
                  Gripod
                  LLM01 (laser light module)
                  Magpul PTS Emags (good luck finding these)
                  20mm riser mount
                  4×32 ACOG
                  SA80 3 point sling

Bear in mind that the rail system will massively decrease your battery space so you will have to use low capacity lipos.

Comment

Would the makeof l85 have an impact on being able to mod it. I was looking at the ICS one, but that has the battery in the guard as far as i remember.

Im going to check the local army surplus store tomorrow as i believe he has a set of osprey hanging up.

I take it the desert boots are either the Meindl or lowa ones?

Comment

Would the makeof l85 have an impact on being able to mod it. I was looking at the ICS one, but that has the battery in the guard as far as i remember.

Im going to check the local army surplus store tomorrow as i believe he has a set of osprey hanging up.

I take it the desert boots are either the Meindl or lowa ones?
                      I'm not actually sure with regards to the boots but no, brand will not make much of a difference with L85. There are adapters for the rail system for each brand and each gun comes with a 19mm dovetail sight rail.

Comment

I nearly cried when i saw the price of the dd front rail...then i saw the acog. Then i passed out!

Modern british isnt cheap!

Comment

I nearly cried when i saw the price of the dd front rail...then i saw the acog. Then i passed out!

Modern british isnt cheap!
                          No it certaonly is not but you can get decent replica ACOGs for around the £60 mark.

Comment

I guess the other options open to someone wanting to do a modern british impression are
                            the LSW (but believe on most sites this would flag up as a support gunner) same with the other available machine gun variants.
                            Sharpshooter rifle L129A1 but i fear much like the upgraded l85's this could be an expensive build.

Thinking through my options. Im guessing most milsim situations would allow you to use the standard l85a2 wouldn't they?

Comment

Yup, standard L85 would be fine I really can't see anyone taking offence. I played a Stirling game in full UK kit with an M4 and they were strict... I think it's my profile PIC on this forum

Comment

Might be the way forward then.
                                Get all the l85 and buy the bits over a few months. Then sit, scratch head, google the daylights out of modding it correctly and assemble it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Slava Find out more about Slava
                                Working...
                                X