Contemporary British Loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Contemporary British Loadout

Looks great IMO mate, possibly try getting some blanking plates for the ubacs if your not attaching any patches so the Velcro doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.
    Will be interesting to see how the helmet looks with the scrim attached.
    Last edited by seb298; 22 March, 2015, 13:57. Reason: spelling

Comment

Cheers seb,
      I can't wait for the helmet to arrive so i can see how it looks with the cover and scrim on it. Postie just needs to get a jiffle on.

I'm hoping to get to the army surplus store at the end of the week in search of the 2 blanking plates, an opsrey ancillaries set and camelback to hopefully finish the 'clothing' side off.

Comment

Well the last bits of kit arrived today. So now spare money goes on game days and saving for my gun.

I have completely redone the helmet, removed all the rails from it and added layer after layer of scrim. Also fitted my camelbak to my osprey and you can just see the corner of the Nato deployment bag sneaking into the picture (the bag is huge! Will be able to fit an l85 in there with all my gear fair easily).

So ofcourse the pic is a must (won't show the photobombing german shepher one though).

Roll on Sunday and game time

Comment

Top job. As they say "In for a penny, in for a pound"

And what is this "Saving for my gun"

Saving for my 'GUNS' man, 'GUNS'

I'm up to Glock 17, L85A2, L129A1 and L128A1
          Awaiting a Cyma MP5. May one day get an AW338 and even the Barrett Snow Wolf.
          sigpic
          "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

Cheers viper. 1st plan. ICS L85a2. 2nd plan. all the afghan spec mods. 3rd plan. Glock with holster.
            Reckon that little lot will be about 8 months to a year in the works though. I have no more hobby stuff to sell now lol.

Comment

Awesome job mate, well impressed. By the way you've done a great job on the helmet, cant tell its not a MK7.

Comment

Any of you tried actually using osprey in a skirmish?? cos i find getting to mags etc is so shit when using it for real doubt id bother using for airsoft! pouches are so high up stuff is impossible to reach a good webbing belt does a job better.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogerio134 View Post
                  Any of you tried actually using osprey in a skirmish?? cos i find getting to mags etc is so shit when using it for real doubt id bother using for airsoft! pouches are so high up stuff is impossible to reach a good webbing belt does a job better.
                  A tandem set up would probably be best. Fast access mags on a battle belt but most still on the chest.

Comment

I have skirmished in it and had no issues rogerio.
                    I think a lot comes down to how you have it set up and loaded. I have mine cinched in very snugly to my body and spent a while adjusting the pouches to a more accessible position. The other option is a molle belt kit with the mag pouches on

Comment

Finally got out to skirmish with my loadout approaching completion. Still need to ad a glock17 and holster.
                      I know some will scream blasphemy at the pouch loadout. But i don't like the molle belt system and wanted quick access to my mags. Running 10 75 round mags provides it's own dramas lol.
                      Gun shot flawlessly even when the rain mean i could barely see what i was shooting at.
                      Camo must have worked because a good few times i shot people who never even knew i was there !
                      I just need to make myself drink more on game days instead of risking dehydration (have a camleback but always forget its there doh!)

Anyway heres some pics!

My personal favourite from the day

Comment

Looks good mate, I've seen a lot of guys web 2 of the shingle pouches to each other like you've done on the sides. Although it does look like you've not weaved the MOLLE together correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

not 100% sure what you mean by weaving the molle together Bobby?
                          If you mean threading the strips on the back through the loops on the front then its through the loops. But i could be misunderstanding what you mean.
                          I was a plce webbing user and this new fangled molle system seems simple..but may not be so lol

Comment

Like this buddy.

Comment

Enjoy the many bruised, bloodied fingers that'll follow putting MOLLE to PALS!

Comment

ahhh so it keeps the staggered layout of the pouches but takes out the slack and stops the lower pouch flapping round like a floundering fish...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Slava Find out more about Slava
                                Working...
                                X