MK2 osprey body armour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MK2 osprey body armour

hey guys hmm i'm not to sure on sizes for this my chest size for a UBACS is 180/96

and well i know a guy selling an MK2 osprey body armour but its 180/116

my question is this is 180/116 gunna be way to big for me? i dont like body armour to lose i like it a little tight

180 refers to height in cms. The 116 is chest in cms. This would be around the xxl mark.

Comment

Re: MK2 osprey body armour

yes, I think that is a little big.

the MKII is pretty adjustable, but from 116 cm to 96...it's 20 cm...

Comment

ok thanks guys also curelin on a general note what you think it would adjust to then?

Comment

It is fairly adjustable but 20cms is a fair whack your danger here is the overlap of the velcro may not meet and if it does your likely to be left with 2 big bits flapping in the wind at the back.

Comment

Wont work. I wear 96 chest. Tried some 116 osprey on at work for a giggle and it didnt even come close to being a snug fit!
            Buy my stuff!

Comment

hehe kk cheers guys appreciate it i'll just spend a little more for a better fitting one

Comment

I own a Mk II Osprey sized 180/116. Now, I'm not a big guy (the kind that wears a small UBACS with room to spare!), but that thing was huge.

I say that it was huge because I trimmed it down quite a bit. As a result, I lost quite a bit of MOLLE! Because it's all velcro-fastened, it's pretty easy to cut bits off and re-sew the velcro elsewhere if you know what you're doing.

Honestly, unless you're pretty handy with a sewing machine, your best bet is to find one that's the proper size for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluemonkey View Post
                  hehe kk cheers guys appreciate it i'll just spend a little more for a better fitting one
                  ya, it's a good idea! I'm also waiting for the perfect Osprey BA...

so, probably you can wear a 180/116, but it reasonably will shake...and I hate plate carriers/body armours that shake when running!! I use PC/BA only during direct action in urban, and I want that fit perfectly to my body

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bluemonkey Find out more about Bluemonkey
                  Working...
                  X