Insurgent Load out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Insurgent Load out?

I think the thing that stands out as wrong for me, other than being too clean, is the fit of the clothing. The climate in the Middle East and Afghanistan is obviously often pretty warm so the clothing tends to be baggy and loose fitting where as yours look quite fitted. You'd probably want to have very little exposed skin to protect it from the sun so sleaves would be rolled down too.
    It also gets pretty cold a night so I'd recommend a jacket. Any old militaryish type that can be had cheaply would do, maybe an old US woodland one ALA a certain Mr Bin Laden. A waistcoat is another option, quite common in Afghanistan I believe.

I'd agree with Modizlw about losing the red shemag, I think the red & white check is a Saudi thing. A plain one would be more suitable, could be any manner of colours. An old sheet is a cheap option and would give you lots of material to play with.

As for dirt- try burying you kit for few days. Leaving it out to fade in the sun is good too but doesn't work so well this time of year.
    Last edited by Lardassmonkey; 15 October, 2010, 16:00.

Comment

As he said, he is going for a stereotypical 'insurgent', so he doesn't need to take in to account of how hot it is in Afghanistan.

Very nice in my opinion mate, nearly there, keep it up!
      sigpic

Comment

take your clothes to the nearest quarry...... then rub then around in the dirt and tear them up abit..
        Prepare for the worst, but expect the best.

Originally posted by Bezza806
        I always thought anime had to involve girls, tentacles and some sort of bondage.....?

Comment

well thanks guys! :p

@lardass, the shirt is 5 inches too big on my chest- I'm only a 40 inch chest.
          it's just my chi-com chest rig that's tightened it up a bit. :p

and cheers for the feedback. I'm going to rough these things up as much as possible... and i like the idea of burying them... ahaha. Plenty of peat bogs around me, in East Anglia!

PS, finally on track to getting myself an AK or 2 :D so I'm pretty much there now. :D
          HUZZAR!
          sigpic

Comment

I think an M85 American DPM jacket, long beige 'Grandad' shirt with brown baggy trousers and a pair o' flip-flops would go down a treat. the shemagh looks fine. You aren't trying to win any prizes with it, are you?
            There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by BadAssMoFo View Post
              You aren't trying to win any prizes with it, are you?
              hmm. if you count scaring some middle aged bankers as a prize, well....

(pahaha- this isn't scary. I just look hilarious!)

also- i am thinking of scaring the local kids sh**less on halloween...ofc, im not gonna point a friggin' gun at them!

*opens door to lots of kids*
              "Trick or-....... aaaaaiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!"

mmm. more sweeties for me, me thinks.:D
              sigpic

Comment

See my earlier post re the shemagh- certainly in Iraq it was a Sunni/Shia thing. One wore red and White, the other was black and White I think. So you can still go with it. If you are going for the Taliban look you need a all black shemagh.
                Afghan isn't always hot, winters can get bloody cold.
                Again, as mentioned before, a dish dash is the ideal outfit of choice, very loose, very baggy.
                sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

My insurgent/Taliban loadout.
                  A Disha Dasha from a fancy dress shop.
                  A Shamagh.
                  A pakol hat bought from Ebay
                  A waistcoat from my fancy dress box
                  A belt with various pouches for carrying mags and nades.
                  :D

Enjoy.
                  section 24 of the 1968 Act
                  Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                  1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                  2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Dish cloth round yo head n face!
                    your parents king size bed sheet around yo body!
                    a dirty AK!
                    dirty leather flip flops

and you have yo self a dirty terrorist! of course a very stereotypical one..other than that look at old moleskin trousers n bad shirts

Comment

Very good loadout, Sean. What's the dishdash like to run around in?
                      Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Sean, that is amazing!

Comment

But Sean, where did you get the beard from dude?! :D

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
                          Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

The only two adjustments I can think of are: more beard, less teeth!
                            Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Originally posted by Machaon View Post
                              Very good loadout, Sean. What's the dishdash like to run around in?
                              This one was alright, being a cheap costume it was made of a spandex material :D
                              You still look a goon though, I do have a blanket to go with it which as I found on a recent nightgame becomes a very very good ambush tactic because no one can see you.
                              section 24 of the 1968 Act
                              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Following our weekend at Catterick's Operation Morpheus, i introduce to you the family Mohammed. I'm the gent in the middle, Honest Ali Mohammed, a hard working scrap dealer from Kandahar!

Ok, i know theres a lack of AK's in the photo. Both of mine had decided to play up all weekend, so i had to turn to my Sopmod, and the other guys didn't have the funds to buy AK's at the last minute.

Trader Feedback.
                                http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16017

Yorkshire Players Forum.
                                http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Grounded_Pilot Small time technician, based in Norfolk/Suffolk. Airsoft devotee...! Find out more about Grounded_Pilot
                                Working...
                                X