MoH Navy SEALs/ Modern SBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MoH Navy SEALs/ Modern SBS

I'm looking to do a MoH Navy SEALs camo job on my M4A1, if anyone has any tips as to how to do this I would be very grateful.
    This would be to go with a modern SBSish Loadout
    The most recent pics I have found for reference are from 2001
    This thread is posted here because I'm not going for a totally authentic geardo loadout, just a general impression
    I like the look of the MoH SEALs but want something a bit more identifiably British
    Maybe the SEALs jackets with MTP or DPM trousers and their plate carrier
    Any help and reference pics would be appreciated regarding both spraying of the M4 and kit
    | Systema L119A1 UGL PTW || Echo 1 L7A2 GPMG || G&P L110A2 Minimi || Custom L129A1 || KSC Glock 17 || Inokatsu Sig P226 || KSC Glock 18C |

Re: MoH Navy SEALs/ Modern SBS

the most important part of an AFO Neptune loadout would be a big ol bushy beard.
    The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

For the camo job , you'll be wanting a desert style so you can do two methods : strips or snakeskin (just my two favourites).
      For the stripe method ; Paint down your base coat (preferably in khaki ) , the number of layers is down to you . I use two for this so it will eventually wear down for a worn , used look. Then once the paint has dried use a brown or dark green paint (or both ) and paint a few stripes down the gun in various dirrections but make sure to have them spread out .
      For snakeskin ; Repeat as above for above with base coat . Get some scrim netting or a laundry bag type item and place it over the selected area and hold the can roughly 15cm away from the gun and spray over the bag . This will create a snakeskin like affect and can look very good. The amount and placement of the snakeskin is up to you .

Here is my G&P M4 which I painted , I used green as a base with khaki and brown stripes with snakeskin mixed in , not the best paintjob but I like it and it works well in my local woodland areas .

A for the loadout the SEALS in the full combat loud missions they are wearing ; Lv 5. PCU jacket and trouser sets , Mich 2000s with nvg mounts and ms2000 strobes , EI CIRASs in the maritime variety I believe in RG ( real life would be MJK or khaki ) and I think Merrel Sawtooth boots .
      If you want a more british version I would recommend ;

Mich 2000
      MC/MTP bottoms
      lv.5 PCU jacket
      R.AV plate carrier (I would recommend the flyye version in khaki or od)
      Magum desert spider boots
      M4 or l119a1sfw

That's more suited towards a Ranger loudout but it's practical and would look good with a few SBS and SEAL items mixed through it . Hope that helps

I am aware that I have left out a lot of stuff but since you just want a rough loadout based on it you could choose what you pick to go with it .
      Last edited by voodooTheMarshmallow; 27 April, 2012, 22:09.

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

Originally posted by Stones View Post
        the most important part of an AFO Neptune loadout would be a big ol bushy beard.
        Uniform regs don't allow it I'm afraid, but when I'm on leave I let the Tacticool beard come through :D
        | Systema L119A1 UGL PTW || Echo 1 L7A2 GPMG || G&P L110A2 Minimi || Custom L129A1 || KSC Glock 17 || Inokatsu Sig P226 || KSC Glock 18C |

Comment

Originally posted by voodooTheMarshmallow View Post

A for the loadout the SEALS in the full combat loud missions they are wearing ; Lv 5. PCU jacket and trouser sets , Mich 2000s with nvg mounts and ms2000 strobes , EI CIRASs in the maritime variety I believe in RG ( real life would be MJK or khaki ) and I think Merrel Sawtooth boots .
          If you want a more british version I would recommend ;

Mich 2000
          MC/MTP bottoms
          lv.5 PCU jacket
          R.AV plate carrier (I would recommend the flyye version in khaki or od)
          Magum desert spider boots
          M4 or l119a1sfw

That's more suited towards a Ranger loudout but it's practical and would look good with a few SBS and SEAL items mixed through it . Hope that helps

I am aware that I have left out a lot of stuff but since you just want a rough loadout based on it you could choose what you pick to go with it .
          Cheers, very informative and helpful
          Any idea what the coat worn on the 'covert' missions at the start of the game is?

Comment

its patu or something like that can get from a place called Zarina for like $40 im probs going to make my own.

Comment

And, I think I'll try webtex or similar soft shell (to try to save money) and MTP trousers with a Mich2000, shemagh and my M4
              I might stick to my black Lowa mountains (gtx) for the time being but Ive been dying for an excuse to get 'softing desert boots... :D
              Just need the plate carrier and some spray paint haha

Comment

Originally posted by systema PTW SOPMOD View Post
                Cheers, very informative and helpful
                Any idea what the coat worn on the 'covert' missions at the start of the game is?
                For the first mission , I'll use preacher as an example as he is my favourite. A rough guide would be (since a game they can create some gear just for the game)

-US Woodland trouser or tan colour
                -some form of jumper , a climbing or hiking one would be fine
                -a LBT1961 or RRV with MBSS hydration pack , I think a mother is wearing something similar to the chicom , might be wrong . A PACA soft armour carrier wouldn't go amiss here .
                - a pakol
                -a pathu or pashu , something like that , it's the robe type thing .You could probably use some form of military blanket in brown or tan .
                Desert boots

Haven't played the game in a while but that's a rough idea . Looks much better for one of the early Op Enduring Freedom loadouts to have it very dirty and scruffy . As most of these guys had been in country by themselves for a while , so not many chances to wash :D

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

Pakol and Patus, both can get from Zarinas which i just found and will now order.. yay

as for rig for a covert someform of low profile like a LBT green chest rig with a paca would look cool, with patus over the top with a pakol. walking boots ofc. and normal trosours but this kind of stuff is closing into a CIA /SAS style 01/02 hunt for binladan load-out which there are loads of threads about

Comment

Originally posted by skullfacedinfidel View Post
                    Pakol and Patus, both can get from Zarinas which i just found and will now order.. yay

as for rig for a covert someform of low profile like a LBT green chest rig with a paca would look cool, with patus over the top with a pakol. walking boots ofc. and normal trosours but this kind of stuff is closing into a CIA /SAS style 01/02 hunt for binladan load-out which there are loads of threads about
                    Was actually CIA, SBS and DEVGRU...but hey hi, that's just how the shaky booties like it!
                    See Quala I Janghi for more info on early Afghan operations
                    As I understand it, the SAS' role in Afghanistan was very limited aside from the large G Squadron (if memory serves) deployment in 01/02 in which the SAS fought their ONLY battle against PIDed AQ targets in Afghanistan
                    With the majority of the SAS rapidly become involved in Iraq instead, as TF Black and leaving SBS to deal with Afghanistan
                    As for more recent operations, I know of only one 'SBS' operation and that's simply from footage of a mysterious Brit using an L119 CQB wearing DPM trousers and a black jumper and a Paraclete fighting alongside USMC
                    But anyhoo
                    Love the idea of a PACA
                    Could also use it with the Gimpy... :D

Comment

yea i was lazy i could have said.. DEBGRU,CIA,SAD,SAS,SBS,CAG,UKSFG,160th but the list goes on.. but u get my point with that kind of loadout it isn't very MoH :S

Comment

I was just trying to say that UKSFs contribution was SBS not SAS

Comment

in MoH which mission are you talking about, in the first mission its a tan type dusting and in the later missions the isn't any camo
                          Fire Team Zulu
                          Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
                          http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

systema PTW SOPMOD Find out more about systema PTW SOPMOD
                          Working...
                          X