switching from plate carrier to body armour + belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• switching from plate carrier to body armour + belt

ok so as i want to run a lighter setup and i play mainly cqb 75% of the time so i am thinking should i switch to a belt setup, i would also like some armour on my chest just to give me some more protection (doesnt need pouches just plain), if you have any advice on body armour to wear i would love to know which is a decent one for under £60, also i will need a molle belt to add my pouches to, if anyone has ever done this or can advise me on which is decent body armour and belt i would love to know as i would like to test it on my next game, budget around £60-80 to test if i like it, also preferably black or brown/tan but i dont mind OD, nothing in camo though if i can help it lol prefer the plain look for now the reason for not using my rig indoor is that i can access a belt a lot faster than my rig and also i like to get prone alot, but i thought i would try something a little different

cheers, dave

Re: switching from plate carrier to body armour + belt

Replica soft armour can be had for around £30 new. Molle belts go for around £20, although many are out on the market, the warrior plb belt is popular in the uk. Outside of that, id get an ATS war belt, but nobody sells them in the uk. If using a belt, i reccommend a combat shirt, as they can be tucked into trousers easier, makig them much more cooperative with a belt. A combat shirt will also be cooler under armour, yet have a high collar to stop throat shots.

Comment

Personally I think it'd be a massive waste of money to buy body armour for airsoft, just put on another layer of clothes dude.

But if you're set on getting one, Pantac and King Arms both do decent replicas inside your price range. The Pantac SVS comes in the colours you want and is instock if you look in the right places. Not sure where you'll find the KA one atm, I haven't seen any on sale for a while. But if your google-fu is strong i'm sure you'll turn up something.

I still stick by my first comment though...

Comment

well ill drop the body armour is i can find a very nice fleece to wear, what a decent fleece/jacket for around £40? preferably OD if there is one going

Comment

You might want to look at the Helikan range of fleeces chap, Patriot is a good, hooded tac fleece for about £50.00, well worth the money though and they are available in several colours.
          Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
          Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

I use a warrior dar rig at the mo, nice and light, but no protection on your chest.

If you wanting chest protection, why not use something like the warrior 901?!?

It's like a plate carrier on the front, with a completely open back.... Lighter and cooler, but giving you protection from the front
            FOR SALE
            7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
            , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

I use a warrior dar rig at the mo, nice and light, but no protection on your chest.

If you wanting chest protection, why not use something like the warrior 901?!?

It's like a plate carrier on the front, with a completely open back.... Lighter and cooler, but giving you protection from the front
              FOR SALE
              7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
              , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

try standard plce webbing works for me

Comment

I have a BULLE plate carrier, they also make a good selection of chest rigs as well.
                  Rocking out... With my Heckler & Koch out...!

Legion 412

Comment

well i wanted a belt kit for cqb and the body armour was only to protect my torso as i didnt want any weight on my chest at all, but i might just get a fleece and run a molle belt, im still going to use my PC for field play but i have no need for it in cqb as its fast paced, and most of the guys i play with only run belt setups with the suspenders to support the weight, is the templar assault systems molle battle belt any good? i run most TAS pouches and there strong and durable, so i might buy one and try it.

anyone got any views on the molle belt and suspenders? (not into the plce webbing stuff)

cheers, dave

Comment

i run a Disciple tactical molle belt. its great, very comfy and light weight. most of the time i also use my WAS Centurion chest rig aswell.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

lethaldave Find out more about lethaldave
                      Working...
                      X