Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with a PMC/SAS/SWAT type loadout

Hi guys,

I'm thinking about going for an all-black loadout. I'm not trying to go for an authentic copy of SAS or SWAT, but I could mix in some of those themes. I'm hoping for an ultra-modern PMC feel.. not necessarily army.

I have an M14 SOCOM if that makes a difference, I'm going to pimp it out a little with a tactical laser, 2x42 sight, and a tactical torch.

Since I'm going for all black, what are the best (and hopefully cheapest - I'm a student) choices for a shirt and trousers? I'm happy with wearing my standard Soldier 95 boots for now. In the next few weeks I'll be acquiring some Chinese clones of the Hatch X-TAC knee/elbow pads in black, so they should be good!

What type of eye protection should I go for? I wear prescription glasses so they'd need to be larger goggles. Also what would be a good option for an assault vest? Helmet?

Just post your opinions here below, thanks for your help

Re: Need help with a PMC/SAS/SWAT type loadout

Well depending on how fat/thin, short/tall you are I have a set of Black coveralls spare in a size Large (42" chest, 34 - 35" waist)...it'd form a great base layer for the loadout. Got some Ex Police Riot Armour as well if that's of interest.

Assault vest wise...something with a MOLLE flavour would be the best bet so you can get some M14 specific mag pouches.
    sigpic

AK47 Custom Operator Weapon / Sig Sauer P228 9mm

Comment

I'm 6ft 2 with a 32 waist and about 38 chest? So might not fit :P But thanks for the offer What's this riot armour you've got? I'm interested in hearing about that...

Comment

Coverall would fit, but maybe a bit short in leg....can't recall how long they are. Can certainly double check for you tomorrow if ur interested?

The Leg armour looks like this:

Also got forearm and thigh armour that matches
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the offer but it seems a bit out of my proportions!

Wow that is some serious armour...

In reply to what you said about Molle vests, it seems to me that Molle products are really expensive (I don't know why). Is this true? I'm looking to do this for as cheap as possible if I'm honest.

Comment

Depends on the brand, but it's often said that if you buy cheap you buy twice, and everyone seems to compare the use gear gets in airsoft, to the use it would get in the military, which isn't fair IMHO, as in the military it'd be worn all the time, whilst in airsoft it might only be once or twice a month.

VIPER is the oft lamented "cheap" brand, but it's fine for airsoft as long it doesn't get hammered. I used VIPER myself when i first started and have owned some of the expensive gear as well. It's all down to budget and personal preference at the end of the day.

There are hundred and one other brands to choose from tho. TMC seem to do some half decent gear, that of better quality than VIPER.

Can point you in the right direction of some suppliers if you want (Drop me a PM )
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all of your help Hellfish

Has anyone done a loadout like this before? If so, what kit did you use with it?

Comment

Have a scan thought the various loadouts forums....ther will be tons and tons of inspiration in them.

You've also got to remember that PMC, SAS and SWAT could be preceived as 3 very disticnt loadouts, depending on what look you are going for.

PMC could mean lightweigth, low drag or fully loaded with all the modern gizmo's and doo dads.

SAS - Lots of leeway here. What era? 70's? 80's? Modern Day? The black clad operators at the Iranian Embassy Seige is what springs to mind most readliy I expect, but then you could go down a Jungle or Desert theme as well.

SWAT generally means all black gear as per standard Hollywood blockbusters, but again there is plenty of wiggle room.

Have a play on Google Images and see what you can fid that tickles ya fancy and then search for kit that looks similar or matches exactly and is in budget.

Here are some of loadouts (Past and Present) and most could proably be placed under several differnt "Loadout" headings

PMC

Jungle Operator
                sigpic

Comment

Here's my black kit if it's any help:

Trousers - MOD Police surplus.
                  Shirt - German army shirt dyed black.
                  T-shirt - Specially printed unit t-shirt (don't know why as you very rarely get to see it).
                  Boots - Army surplus from about 10 years ago.
                  Hat - Bog standard baseball cap from Ebay with unit patch stitched on.
                  Gloves - Fingerless cycling gloves from Lidl.
                  Vest - Viper SF vest (takes 6 7.62mm mags with ease).
                  Belt kit - Police surplus Bianchi holster and pistol mag pouches, police surplus CS spray holder with inert training spray, rubber bayonet, plastic baton, plus additional Viper pouches all on Bianchi police surplus belt.

The patches/badges (and beret which I'm not wearing in this shot obviously) cost more than the rest of the loadout added together as I had to import them from Brasil. As you're not looking for a unit impersonation, I would say you could put this whole loadout together for well under £100 if you shop around. Get lucky on Ebay with a few bits and closer to fifty quid is do-able!
                  sigpic

Comment

That vest sounds like exactly what I need Caveira, does it take the 7.62 mags in the actual mag pouches... or just in other larger pouches?

It might be a good idea for me to look at police gear, where did you get yours from?

Hellfish, I'm looking for a cross between the PMC doo-da high tech equipment type style, with maybe a bit of the Iranian Embassy SAS, and the general SWAT black type theme. I'll take a look at some pictures and see what I like

Comment

Originally posted by JRTIGHE View Post
                      That vest sounds like exactly what I need Caveira, does it take the 7.62 mags in the actual mag pouches... or just in other larger pouches?
                      Each mag pouch will take either 2 x 5.56mm or 1 x 7.62mm. I've had mags for both my FAL and my M14 in them, so you should be OK.

Originally posted by JRTIGHE View Post
                      It might be a good idea for me to look at police gear, where did you get yours from?
                      Ebay! Searches for "bianchi holster", "police holster" and "police belt" should get you a nice belt setup if that's your thing. Drop-leg is easier to get, but (depending on the rest of the loadout) a belt rig can make for a nice lightweight option on days when you don't feel like going the whole hog. At last year's NAE I played the second day in a sort of plain clothes loadout (mine's Brazilian military police spec ops BTW) of jeans, unit t-shirt and belt rig with a couple of M4 mags, for my 416, chucked into one of the trouser pockets.
                      sigpic

Comment

I think when I get some more money, I'll go for the Bianchi belt + Viper LA vest option. Thanks for all of your help! I'm so glad I've been made aware of a cheap assault vest which will fit 7.62 mags in it

Just out of interest what make is your 416?

Thanks

Comment

VFC/Umarex
                          sigpic

Comment

A personal favourite loadout of mine is the Houston Police Department SWAT. Very nice loadout and a bit different from the generic black SWAT loadout.

Comment

Thanks for everyone's input... this is what I think I'm going to go for (from head to toe):

Black mesh goggles
                              Black BDU shirt w/ black X-TAK elbowpads
                              Viper LA Special Forces vest
                              Bianchi belt w/ holster & pistol mag pouches
                              Black BDU trousers w/ X-TAK kneepads
                              Soldier 95 assault boots (hopefully, eventually I will get some Magnum style boots).

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JRTIGHE Find out more about JRTIGHE
                              Working...
                              X