Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Becoming a spartan IV, though admitedly a short one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becoming a spartan IV, though admitedly a short one.

Good day zero in. With the iminent release of halo 4 and my recent aquisition of a rlux custom halo helmet I have decided that doing a spartan IV loadout for airsoft wouldn't be too bad an idea (something I may later regret). I initially started looking at vests and other gear I could use to make this loadout but rapidly ran out of things that I thought might look right. So given the list of my initial ideas (outlined below), can the great zero in community suggest any improvement/specific items that may help here.

Furthermore if you know of any kit that comes from paintball or bike armor etc. that might suit please can you provide a specific item so I can look it up. Alongside this I would prefer kit that would be ready to skirmish and only require painting. Final note is that I am looking to spend about £200-250 total on gear, excluding weapons which are budgeted separately (but if u have any suggestions feel free to add). Helmet is also excluded as I've already bought it .

Helmet - Rlux custom halo helmet in green . This green is unfortunately not really OD but i have yet to test it against some OD kit to see how it looks.
    Base layer/under armor - thinking black UBACS and black combats to provide an impression of soft armor.
    Chest/torso - there are multiple possibilities here. I had orginally planned to use a set of transformers 3 cosplay armor sold by a certain hk retailer. This combined with an appropriately coloured hydration pack could give the impression of solid armor with a power plant on the back. However, it then leads to questions about what do I do wrt shoulder pads so I am asking for suggestions here.
    Arms/hands - this is somewhat tricky and I haven't really found an appropriate solution yet. There are pairs of helikon and paintball gloves that are suitable, with armored parts that can be painted. The lower arm/wrist and shoulders is somewhere I again havent really found a satisfactory solution. Again open to suggestions here really.
    Legs upper - Here I thought either a pair of drop leg panels in OD could do the trick or, for a more hard armored approach, a pair (expensive i know) of serpa platforms, either in OD or black and then kryloned. If you have any better ideas please share.
    Legs Lower - Hmm tricky, kinda need a shinpad combined with a knee pad and over boot armor, though the last bit could be skipped. Theres multiple solutions here ranging from separate pads and such, possible over the top of a pair of gaitors might do the trick, but the hard armor impression is somewhat difficult to pull off here I'm finding.

Well that covers gear below are my weapon ideas;

Primary - had originally considered a long barrelled Tar 21 with a vortex flashider as a DMR but then realised that a possible better match would be a L85 with a DD rail with a full set of covers, torn between either but givent he weight of the gear the Tar might win out (plus ive had one before and really miss it). Originally I considered a fn f2000 as a assault rifle, but the scaling is bad and a famas for a battle rifle is also unfavourable.
    Secondary - this is very difficult with alot of custom work but tbh, for practicality and cost here I might forgo the halo impression and stick with my px4. Besides, its kinda sci-fi looking as it is.

Anyways I would very much appreciate some help with this and if you have suggests but cant post in the thread you can PM me about them, or just post a really obvious location clue depending on forum rules.

If I ever get this done ill post piccies

Many Thanks

Spitviper
    "What are you doing?"
    "Helping!!!"
    "You've got a screw driver!!!!"

Profile Picture courtesy of Ambush Adventures Photographer Jacqui Williams

Re: Becoming a spartan IV, though admitedly a short one.

BMX/Motocross armour, just putting it out there....

Reaver
    "I'm three sheets to the wind, and i haven't even left the harbour!"

Comment

Feet - painted berghause yeti gaiters?
      sigpic

Comment

Police Riot Shin Pads - paint em OD?

Some sort of American Football Shoulder pads? This one here with the panels painted OD would like great with the red lines.

Alternatively some Riot chest/shoulder armour. But the football gear has the whole solid look to it.

Police Riot Lower Arm Guards - again painted OD.

Comment

surely you cant be serious.
          The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

good lad! post up some photos when you're done!
            (also, an Army Armament can fit into a body cast of the assault rift, battle rifle or dmr (putting it out there)
            Sandy -- Rogue Recon

Comment

The Famas does look a lot like battle rifle, just need to find a suitable scope I suppose.
              Zeroin - Come for the airsoft. Stay for the trolling.

Comment

Skirmishing in this is going to be interesting... hit taking wise I mean. Some folk find it hard to feel their hits just under 3 jumpers and a hoodie!

Comment

Originally posted by Stones View Post
                  surely you cant be serious.
                  lol

Heaven forbid that someone wants to have some fun whilst PLAYING airsoft

Comment

no, it was a joke, hence why I put surely you can't be serious. I was hoping he return with "I am serious, and don't call me shirley"
                    The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Originally posted by Stones View Post
                      no, it was a joke, hence why I put surely you can't be serious. I was hoping he return with "I am serious, and don't call me shirley"
                      I am serious, and don't call me shirley.

As something of a inbetween/budget cut here I have opted for a much more subdued version. Basically for now its going to consist of some built in knee padded od combats, a black ubacs with elbow pads built in and some armoured paintball gloves that will be painted od (though looking for alternatives here coz they are prertty crappy it turns out).

Finally weapon wise I settled on a F2000 with flashlight foregrip, as a reasonable proxy for a MA37 (for the unaware thats the Reach assault rifle). Might give it a paint job and some minor mods.
                      "What are you doing?"
                      "Helping!!!"
                      "You've got a screw driver!!!!"

Profile Picture courtesy of Ambush Adventures Photographer Jacqui Williams

Comment

Try the 405th infantry everything you need to make your own mjolnir armour
                        ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED

Comment

Have you looked into Pepakura? A full suit of armour can be made very cheaply (although time consuming).

I started making a War Machine suit out of it, but never got it finished:

It involves cutting and folding card into the desired shape then glue it together. then wash it over with resin to harden it. Once hardened you apply fibreglass and resin to the underside. once that's done you apply car body filler to the outside and sand it down. Paint it and bobs your uncle!

Comment

funny i never got to finish mine either the wife kept moaning bout the house being filled with dust so will start again once i ve done me garageIMAG0670.jpg
                            ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED

Comment

and for the smg how about the mp7a1. a friend and i were talking about doing a ODST loadout at some point
                              Team DC........................it's all about shock and awe

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

spitviper Find out more about spitviper
                              Working...
                              X