Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

How would you do a Merc/Dog of War load-out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you do a Merc/Dog of War load-out?

OK, my bad. Seeing JUST ONE GUN (the Hudson Tokarev for the record) has triggered the desire to put together an entire loadout. Don't you hate it when that happens? :p

So, mercenaries. Note I'm not talking contractors like Blackwater/Xe. More like di Caprio's character in Blood Diamond - a shady independent who has scrounged enough working gear and ammo to make his skills available to whoever has the funds....

I'm thinking cargo trousers with a commy bloc pistol shoved in the waistband. OD shirt and balaclava with leather jacket maybe, then a Krinkov in a shoulder holster (bodged off the MP5 one?). What do you reckon?

It's about throwing something ragged and individual together without it looking - well...like you just couldn't be arsed to get your cammies together the night before.

Any input gratefully received, I need you inspirations :D

What does the merc in your mind's eye wear to the office?

Artekus
    My Feedback

Originally posted by Tiercel
    I mean, how dare I have fun? Im ruining thier immersion

Re: How would you do a Merc/Dog of War load-out?

a beard and tattoos
    Originally posted by Teddykiller
    I have felt this wrath as I like going deep in the bush.

Comment

think functional, not gucci.

For an African loadout I'd go for bashed up old nutria brown or tropical hiking gear.

Can't go wrong with an AKM or G3/Fal.

Comment

go for the farcry 2 look,

worn jeans
        t-shirt
        plate carrier
        belt rig for pistol
        dessie boots

Sorted.

Comment

SRC are coming out with a Tokarev at some point

Ushanka
          White fluffy coat
          Winter camouflage trousers
          And a cigar

done! for the winter

Comment

Uzi!
            HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Old school (from the Wild Geese); SLR/FAL/UZI and old DPM bits:

More modern (Rambo):

Modern (Executive Outcomes - a South Africa based company):

Basically, most players run with a merc loadout. Obviously some match the rig to the weapon and the cam, but most of us mix different countries cam with the weapons from other countries. Just look at the number of people at an average skirmish with DPM and a G36 or AK. At the end of the day mercs wear either the uniform of the country or group that they're being paid to fight for, or they simply wear what is comfortable for them and often what they've worn while serving.

Personally I'm in either DPM with an MP5 or a GBBR AK, or PMC loadout. Both are merc loadouts if you want to put a label on them.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for your help!

I think chest rig over t-shirt may be the way to go. And gotta get me some Dessy boots...

Artekus
                My Feedback

Originally posted by Tiercel
                I mean, how dare I have fun? Im ruining thier immersion

Comment

Get some cheapo combats in a plain colour or a made-up camo from your nearest supermarket, a base-layer hiking-type top, hiking boots and a cheap chest rig, or maybe even a satchel of some kind, like the knock-off claymore bags on Ebay. If you shop around you'll get change from fifty quid, or if you want stuff that will last a long time you can of course spend more. As for weapons, what thatre will it be based in? Most would probably use some AK-based weapon, or possibly the other easily available big gun, a shotgun of some kind. Shove the Tokarev in your belt and you're ready to rock.

Comment

Old lizard pattern based african gear is the ''Dogs'' but its pretty hard to get hold of. I've got some 1970s portuguese gear pants, shirt and Bigeared cap plus a G3 looks great with some mixed up webbing, i'll get some pics up when I can. Stuff the Hudson Tokarev an older model 1911 is perfect especially if you can get hold of an old pattern holster.

Comment

The appeal, for me at least, with the merc loadout is it can really be anything you fancy so long as you're willing to suspend reality a bit.

Look at the game 'Mercenaries: World in Flames' for instance - you have the guy in effectively in civvies with some military webbing (Mattias Nilsson), the girl in the gucci tactical gear (Jen Mui) and the last one in pretty much proper military uniform (Chris Jacobs). Is the game real? HELL NO! But it does give a good example of the range of appearance the 'merc' can cover, and be recognisable as. Personally I think the Task Force 141 guys in MW2's Brazil level (I've only seen pics, never actually played the game) would also make a good merc loadout. To add realism too it maybe look at what proper military/SF/PSC guys use (for the appropriate era/setting) and incorporate that.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Artekus I got born. I did shit Find out more about Artekus
                      Working...
                      X