Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Urban Sniper/Marksman? Looking for some imput!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urban Sniper/Marksman? Looking for some imput!

Evening chaps!

I'm looking into creating an Urban Sniper/Marksman loadout to go with my new boltie!

Now I'm wanting to do a black/white style camo with black molle rig and drop leg holster/mag pouches. (The whole ghillie thing isnt really my play style, I'm more of a hit and run sort of guy )

However, I'm unsure how to organise the pouches on the Molle rig, I will be using an M4 along with my boltie for those oh crap moments, and for when I fancy a change of style.

The Molle I have is a basic one off fleabay, comes with a triple M4 mag pouch, admin pouch and two side utility pouches. I will be replacing the M4 pouches and possibly the Admin too. And this is where I get stuck, I'm not sure which style of pouches to go with! and also what would be best for holding my Sniper mags. (Ideally I would like to be able to hold roughly 3-5 M4 mags along with my 6 Sniper mags) And also a pack or pouch of sorts for holing my trip mines/landmines/grenades.

Any suggestions?

A quick picture to show you what sort of look I'm going for... not the greatest but its one I had at hand from a game a couple of months ago.

Cheers, Steve
    My Armory:
    ARES M110, ARES SVD-S

Re: Urban Sniper/Marksman? Looking for some imput!

there's no right or wrong way to setup your pouches on a molle vest.. put them where you find them.. i wouldn't put anything to bulky up front if you're serious about giving the sniping/marksman role a try because you may want to lie down (if you're in a good position).

basics: i've found putting your mag pouches on the side of your none trigger hand to be a good start, as this is the hand you'll be changing mags with. so if you're right handed (most are) start with your mags on the left towards the rear (bearing in mind the laying down thing), if you've got the open type M4 mag pouches you can double stack.. ie have your M4 pouches on first then put the pouches for your primary weapon (bolt action) on top of these.. this can get a bit bulky

pack/pouch for your other stuff really depends how much other stuff you want, i've got one of the warrior low profile back packs with molle pals on, so if i ever need a lot of kit i can thread that on.. with that attached i can get enough for a full weekender on my vest with no other back.. so that's a lot of kit.

dont forget to keep your firing sholder clear also, again assuming you're right handed don't put any pouches near your right shoulder, this is where your rifle will be! sounds stupid i know but i've seen too many people do it.

failing that it's all trial and error.. get the stuff you need most/quickest and put it in the easy to reach places then work around that.. also if you really get into it think about a belt rig.. you can get more than enough on one belt rig and keep mobility!

hope this helps a little.
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=196931460381827

Comment

I had thought about putting the sniper mags towards the left hand side, not my first time with a bolite, its just been over a year since I last had one. And I can remember with my old vest(One of those viper style ones with M4 pouches on the right, holster on the left) I found it rather arkward trying to reload with my mags on the right.

What I was thinking is a double M4 pouch on the right, I cant see myself laying down too much while using my M4 as its more of a "Moving to and from position/Oh crap" gun and also a double M4 drop leg pouch on my left, holster for my M9 which I'm ordering next week, on my right(right handed)

I'm just in the dark about what type of pouch would be best for the sniper mags/speed loader.

I have made sure that there is nothing in the way of my right shoulder, I learnt that the hard way! :P

As for the backpack, the main things I would want to carry with me 90% of the time are my trip mines/landmines/grenades, spare ammo, hydro pack, radio and a medi kit, maybe some waterproofs during winter. but ideally somthing thats not too bulky as I would want to keep things as light as possible.(I know the kit I've listed isnt exactly light weights, but I'm a big guy! I lug more than this around when I'm going full on assault with the M4!)

As for pouches, which would you reccomend? I have no clue as to whats going to last and what not, the ones on the molle have already started to die!

Cheers, Steve
      My Armory:
      ARES M110, ARES SVD-S

Comment

Belt rig!

Comment

you're carrying your bolt action, M4 and an M9? bloody hell mate you do carry a lot!

re snper mags.. depends which bolt action you've got mate?

personally i use the warrior pouches never had any bother with them and i've given them a hard life!!
          http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=196931460381827

Comment

Belt rig and thats it , tbh you in my eyes are carrying to much , bolt action rifle and pistol or bolt action and very compact aeg , no need for 3 weapons ,

Comment

It may seem alot but I can cart that lot about without wearing myself out too much, I also like to have the option of being able to switch roles if need be.

As for the sniper mags, they are CA M24 Mags, about the same width as a M4 mag.

Cheers for the input so far guys!

Cheers, Steve
              My Armory:
              ARES M110, ARES SVD-S

Comment

Weapon wise you'd want an M14 or an FN FAL with bipod since fully auto may be useful in cqb, plus you'd be able to get your shots off quicker and distance isn't so much of a problem in urban combat.
                Rig wise you'd probably want webbing or something of that ilk since you'll want to be lying on your belly and something that won't restrict movement too much for when you want to do the scoot bit. Elbow and kneepads are also a must so you're not hurting your elbows whilst doing the shoot or waiting for one. You may also want to take a rucksack so you can set up some portable cover or something.
                Originally Posted by LtPurcy
                you dont just get handed it, you chase it for 30 miles around dartmoor.
                Originally Posted by spetsnazdave87
                It's like the golden snitch but for hard bastards

Comment

Belt Rig or Lightweight Vest.. And a Beard.. beards are good
                  If you ain't first, your last!

Comment

Why the massive necropost?

Comment

Originally posted by oliver dowinton View Post
                      Why the massive necropost?
                      Same with http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...533#post943533

Not such a big necro but both comments with same content..?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Xiosis Find out more about Xiosis
                      Working...
                      X